Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > T-Mobile US SMS free with unlimited gprs plan? and aim too?

Previous  12
Author T-Mobile US SMS free with unlimited gprs plan? and aim too?
bensonl
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-07 21:23
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I dont know the exact ports but I think t-zones uses port 80 and the internet plan uses all ports. The internet plan allows unlimited internet access while the t-zones plan doesnt.

However, recently some folks have claimed to b able to acess all ports and the internet on their t-zones plan. The only caution with this is that u might get hit with a bill at the end of the month (happened to me when I was able to access the internet for a brief period when I was on t-zones). So if u can access the internet with ur t-zones plan make sure u check ur activity report online to ensure u r not logging MBs.

Most IM apps will not work adequately with t-zones, not unless T-mo has opened more ports for t-zones.

Maybe someone else can provide more detailed info.
Life gives u a thousand chances, all u need 2 do is take one. (PA, USA - P900 T-Mobile)
professorchaos
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2004-04-10 19:52
can anyone explan the diff b/w sms and mms?
im plannin on gettin a p900 n i wanna use like an aim program on it and dont know like whats the diff b/w the plans. t zone/text msg/ internet?
Ayush
W850 black
PM
Posted: 2004-04-10 20:09
SMS means Short Messaging service. It is used only for sending text messages. MMS means Multimedia Messaging Service. It is used to send pictures, tones,animatons etc. to compatible devices.
Ayush
vvrrmandiga
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-04-24 02:10
Hi sfaguy,
That's true.......... that plan is getting cancelled if you alter your service plan....... that's too bad for people like us........ it happened to me too..... I wanted to take advantage of 1000 anytime minutes and next thing I'm told that i have to pay $4.99 for t-zones, $2.99 for 300 text messages...etc etc........ they want to make money by hook or crook
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi