PM
Posted: 2003-11-18 00:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Quote:

On 2003-11-17 14:21:00, MixiN wrote:
Moderated by: laffen, jh67, tranquil, GOwin, arnoldc, Cytech

pachy aint no mod!

@MixiN, Thats a double negative

OH yes, I'm banning everyone in this thread.
Reminder; milk, sugar, crisps, post letter.
BlackBauer24
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-18 00:36
Glad to hear someone standing up for humanity with dignity and family values.

This message was posted from a P900

icedog445
T610
PM
Posted: 2003-11-18 00:57
I don't post too much but I have been a member for about a year and I look over the forums everyday and I must say the threads are more and more boring we need to juice up esato or maybe theres not much mobile news these days.But I love this forum and I hate to say this but I've been visting Howard Forums more and more lately.Esato is still the best overall but lately there has been way too many flamers and way too many garbage posts.

[ This Message was edited by: icedog445 on 2003-11-17 23:58 ]
shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-11-18 03:03
Quote:

On 2003-11-17 15:11:31, tranquil wrote:

Personally I miss a "Report this post"-tab.

that wud be nice.......
True Bravery is arriving home late after a boys' nite out, wife waiting with the broom & u ask: "Are u still cleaning or are u flying somewhere"
ac
Xperia Mini Pro Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-18 07:08
Quote:

On 2003-11-17 14:09:59, Vlammetje wrote:
...I must point out that the topic starter does have a nasty habit of distinguishing between 'veteran' posters and 'newbies', which unfortunately is not always done in a friendly matter and is also completely irrelevant. It does not contribute to the friendly atmosphere at all...

Thanks for pointing that out. I remember when I posted about "T610 themes and free memory" ( Did you know this about T610 themes ??? ) fijbert commented "...some ppl will post anything for attention..."

It was Vlammetje and masseur who confirmed what I had found and as did some other members. Frankly speaking I didn't/don't like that attitude. This is the kind of attitude that leads to resentment and nasty posts.
shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-11-18 08:24
relax fellas!!! the dust will alwiz settle after the rain.....and let it be known that ups and downs and for that matter, all manner of individuals or posters here are wat makes esato unique.......i kinda like the fact that the forum has a really diverse range of individuals and the tolerence displayed is second to none.....in that sense, more monitoring by the mods are essential but i think they are carrying out that function well.....kudos to them all!!!

but again, once in awhile, we do get some misfits that start a flame war.......and i kinda sanction that too *just my 2 cents!!!*.....frustrations must be channelled out one way or the other and its not necessarily bad that its done here in a moderated fashion...i haf seen and participated at times but only up to my self imposed limit.....it it gets outta hand, the threads are locked up.....thanks to the watchful eyes of the mods.....cheers again to them.....

my summary is simple: esato has not gone downhill...it has evolved and rightfully so as well.....in a manner which some may like it more or otherwise.....but the fact remains that esato is here and will be here for a long time to come and that threads like this with concern members puttin in a word or two is great to keep things in check......haf a swell day folks!!!

that's it for now...hafn't posted anything this lengthy in ages....work beckons...ciao!!
True Bravery is arriving home late after a boys' nite out, wife waiting with the broom & u ask: "Are u still cleaning or are u flying somewhere"
vinnieza
K850 Blue
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-18 08:42
well i'm back now, so it might start turning around

[ This Message was edited by: vinnieza on 2003-11-18 07:42 ]
lazarini
R520
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-18 09:22
I must say i havf an idea about the esato fijbert is talking about the level of lame and abusive posts has increaset in the last year or even more there is realy time for someone to put his hand down on the matter ... Just my 2 cents !

This message was posted from a T610

tranquil
W902 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-11-18 12:57
I'll say it again: PM me (or another moderator who might be on line at the time) to let us know about the things you dislike.
To maintain the standards all of us preffer we do need a wee bit of help sometimes. Not only that, it will give us (the moderators) more time to have fun and help out with Qs in here.
I can only speak for myself but the first thing I do when I log on I check my PMs and deal with them before I start scrolling throug the forums.
The ultimate ringtone wav mp3
sn3ipen
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-18 19:25
The reason why i joined Esato whas because Ewerytime someone said or asked about something stupid no one realy cared about it, they whas trying to help you, no mather how stupid it whas. It truly whas something different about esato compared to other forums.

Nowadays it feels like esato is becoming more and more like all the other forums. With flaming and kids that scream maill me - mail me, and they have to start a new topic where they ask about free games and stuffs every singel day. I think the moderators should make the because thread sticky because then people who just wisit esato to look for free stuff for their mobile will see it clearly.

[ This Message was edited by: t610 owner on 2003-11-18 18:28 ]
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-18 19:40
sticky threads r always skipped
ppl think they r rules
and who needs to read the rules, right?
not newbies! they know all!
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
sn3ipen
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-18 21:50
My fault that i didnt think about that.
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-18 21:59
You could of course rename the thread 'FREE STUFF for [phone model]' so there would be no confusion.

Quote:

On 2003-11-18 19:40:21, fijbert wrote:
and who needs to read the rules, right?
not newbies! they know all!

again the focus on 'newbies'. What is it that makes you think that ppl who joined recently or have few posts are the ones creating most unpleasantness around here?
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-19 05:56
well
look at the bigfeat thing
who were the most opinionated trouble makers, newbies
who always post a trillion times their same stupid question "what can the P800 do?" newbies
who r the first to flame a mobile cuz it didnt do what they want? newbies
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
Elrond
V800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-19 07:20
I think as Esato are becoming larger, we need more moderators like tranquil. I'm not saying that other mods are not doing their job, but tranquil is the most visible mod here. But don't take me wrong. I only say we need more mods as there is a lot of to do these last days. Thats the price of being popular.

This message was posted from a T300

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 151617  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic