Author The Esato That Once Was
fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-17 12:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm sure u hv all seen this
the quality of posts, threads, and of the forum hv all gone straight to hell
every thread is turning into a flame war, and veteran users r being sieged at every turn

I grew up in the mobile world here, and I wld hate to see this forum go down in flames
I really wld

out of the 5 moderators that moderate this board, (I know, this is not ur lifes or anything, and u guys do this out of ur good will and so on and so forth, and we do appreciate it) there is only one moderator that is constantly online and who does much

tranquil weighs out the other mods hands down, and it's obvious

I guess I wld like to see some of the other mods wake up a bit and put an end to the madness, the excess useless threads and so on

and if the other mods r not willing to do so, maybe a change in staff might be in order?
a lot of users on this board r more than capable of being a mod

just thought I'd run this by u guys

I'd hate to see this forum go to hell
but I think I dont speak for myself when I say that coming here is starting to be less and less tempting for me
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
Anuj
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-11-17 13:00
Looks like you want to be the next mod??

but i agree on what you're saying........
kev.morris
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-11-17 13:02
There does seem to be a lot of nastyness creeping in of late which does not make good reading esp on wap.

This message was posted from a T610

fijbert
K550 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-17 13:09
first decent thread we've had in a while is the one about 6230 vs T610
it has yet to turn to a flame war
and it is at a very civilised level
I'm very proud.. almost getting a tear

@Anuj
I hv no problem with being a mod, or anyone else, as long as something is done about all this
it's like my home on the internet here
I'm proud to be a known Esato member
Nobody is perfect, I am nobody, therefore I am perfect
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-11-17 13:17
Although I agree fijbert I think I have a more moderate opinion.

In my time here I have seen similar threads that describe how Esato is going down hill and at the time it surely is. However it is often from members who seemed to have joined purely to provoke, or members who are rarely contributing anything worthwhile to Esato and I cannot begin to imagine their real motives.

In general though I have seen that these downturns prove to be short lived and and those people soon are gone again and then Esato once again thrives and is great place to be.

Although Esato is my main home I have seen similar in other places too and I guess its down to the freedom of speech and the anonymity that the internet offers which allows people to speak their mind with a greater degree of openess.

tranquil surely does a great job and I know laffen is often in the background too, even if he is not so vocal, and I'm sure they see the same issues that we do but I guess there needs to be a balance between allowing people to speak their minds and simple police control although obviously the few simple forum rules need to be watched carefully.

Lets give it a bit of time and I am sure Esato will be the calm, friendly and informative place that we all know and love.
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-17 14:09
Let me make it clear that I have no intention whatsoever to flame anybody. However in light of us willing to keep this a friendly forum for everybody, I must point out that the topic starter does have a nasty habit of distinguishing between 'veteran' posters and 'newbies', which unfortunately is not always done in a friendly matter and is also completely irrelevant. It does not contribute to the friendly atmosphere at all.

Having that said, yes I find esato is growing an unpleasant atmosphere over the past weeks. I have been told by longer-time members that this has happened before, and probably will happen again.

And masseur is right, it happens on any forum.

There are plenty of ppl out there unfortunately, who say things online in a way they would never dare IRL. And then there are ppl who say, write and act exactly as they would IRL. Those are the ppl that log off, yet can still feel hurt/attacked/angry over something said on an internet forum.

As harsh as it sounds: that is simply the way it is. I would love for every1 to adopt a certain net courtesy, however I know that if ppl don't, there is nothing I can do about it, but grin and bear it and try to maintain a form of politeness myself.

Finally: as far as the mods go, I think you are not doing justice to the whole Team Esato here. I agree that Tranquil is perhaps the most visible mod, however moderating a forum this size is a team effort and I for one do see the work of other mods and admin as well.

So cheers to laffen and Team Esato

[edited for spelling]

Guru4u Forum

Phoneschat

[ This Message was edited by: Vlammetje on 2003-11-17 13:11 ]
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-17 14:16
ah.. the early days.. the days before fijbert, vlammetje and masseur.. now they were the early days. everyone had either a T68m, a t65 or t39, no one argued, there were very few threads, we had regular parties into the night. sat out around the campfire singing songs. took photos with our mca-10, only to find there was no way to get them off the cam...
the t68 colour wallpaper library was thriving, and everyone wanted mms on thier phones.
now THEY were the days...
rahul
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-17 14:19
Sorry for my ignorance but who are the mods on here?

I know - laffen, pachy, tranquil who else????? is it cytech? cheers but im still kinda a newbie
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-11-17 14:21
Go to the Forum list and click on any forum and you will see the list of mods for that particular forum
Fritz24
Xperia Arc Black
PM
cytech, arnoldc and jh67. I'm not sure if pachy is a mod or not.
mixin
T66 black
PM, WWW
Moderated by: laffen, jh67, tranquil, GOwin, arnoldc, Cytech

pachy aint no mod!
rahul
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-17 14:24
Cheers ! Pachy's gonna love me for this

@ masseur - I never noticed that thing on top of the threads before
psikey
W960
PM
Posted: 2003-11-17 14:26
Thats because we were all newbies then

Anyway, the bad elements coming in are probably due to Esato's popularity, growing size & media attention.

They cause a bit of trouble, get bored then find some other forum to bombard.

I for one never tire of helping newbies or anyone else that needs a bit of advice (so long as ther civil )
Vlammetje
C702 Cyan
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-11-17 14:27
Quote:

On 2003-11-17 14:16:00, MixiN wrote:
ah.. the early days.. the days before vlammetje.. now THEY were the days...

I always knew you wished you could go back in time
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-11-17 14:29
MixiN, I wish I was around on Esato in those days! I used to drop by for the odd solution for my T68/T68i but never thought about actually joining until I got the P800 in January.

rahul, no worries. The mods are generally the same for most forums with just the odd exception for the location based ones I think.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 151617  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic