Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Ericsson T68 in the US

Previous  12
Author Ericsson T68 in the US
katiy3n
P800
PM
Posted: 2002-08-22 01:27
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i dont get it why they hide the settings from us who don't get the phones from them. aren't we supposed to know that since we are subscribers? and we subscribe to the WAP service?

but you know, even if they hide the answers, there IS hope. my WAP works well, thanks to the search engines!
Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-08-22 01:34
Hey, more the reason to buy the phone other than Cingular.

T-Mobile has no problems if I use my T68i, Cingular on the other hand cries about it if I even mention it. Too bad for them...

shawnmccall9
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2002-08-22 21:37
I say that the R520 is better than the T68 is a poorly covered area, like the USA. Go external antenas!!!!!
paqmaster
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-08-22 22:21
I got my T68m from Voicestream and had it upgraded to the T68i software. Feature wise this phone is great. The software is still kinda slow, much faster then the original T68m software but still slow. I'm using it with T-Mobile (Voicestream) service in California and when I have good reception everything works great. GPRS always works and when you use it to connect to the internet with a laptop or PDA, the speed is pretty good with the T-Mobile proxy set to max image compression. Feels faster then a 28.8 modem but slower then a 56k modem dial up.

Now the bad part. Actually this part is pretty bad and it's making me think twice about keeping this phone. This phone by far has the worse reception of any GSM phone I've ever owned!!! I currently have a Nokia 8290, Ercisson T39m and a Motorola V66. I have pretty weak coverage at home but none of the above mentioned phones ever lost the signal. I always got at least one or two bar at home with the other phones but with my T68 it keeps losing signal. At work it keeps losing the signal too. At first I thought it was T-Mobile but nope it's the T68 phone. None of the phones, 8290, T39m, or V66 ever lost signal at home or work but with the T68 I keep getting 'No Network' anywhere there's weak coverage. Unless you have GREAT GSM coverage DO NOT get this phone.
devis45
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-08-23 23:22
Paqmaster, just a question, where did you get the phone upgraded? I was reading somewhere in this forum that people had tried to upgrade their phones ti T68i and with no luck because Ericsson won't do the upgrade in the US. Frankly I don't know why Ericsson is not providing the upgrade in the US but I am guessing it could be because of the upgrade that you keep losing signal.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi