Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Are you guys going back to Nokia? Under what circumstances?

Author Are you guys going back to Nokia? Under what circumstances?
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 14:45
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I agree. The 7210 has to be better because it's alot newer than the T68. But I'm not sure anymore if wether I'm going to change or not. May be it wont be a smart thing. The design on the 7210 isn't at top eather.
onderf
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-11 10:29
I still like Nokia , but as I read the forums or newsgroups , I see people complaining about Nokia 8310. Older phones or lower segment phones (3310 etc.) of Nokia are still cool. But in the higher segment , Ericsson is the leader. 6510 is better than 8310 (because it's more stable.) and worth the money but it can't be compared with T68. 6110 was the greatest phone Nokia made ever. It was a perfect phone which brought Nokia fame and money. But with newer models Nokia is going worse. 7210 can't beat T68 because it still lacks some features that T68i has. And I think it's going to be much expensive than the T68i. So T68-T68i are the leaders of colour "phone" segment. The only real battle will be between 7650 and P800. Both are really perfect phones. Let's wait and see.
orang3
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-11 10:39
my t68m also hav the hanging problem as nokia hp .. but t68 is a much better most nokia hp ..hope they can do something about it soon
dw
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-11 10:40
If Nokia would create a much better phone
under 90g I would go back.
I have no reason to use a specific brand just cause of
the brand. I evaluate the phone and choose the best.
Right now I have a T68i and I haven't seen a better
Nokia phone under 90g so I'm very happy with my T68i
and I belive it will last this year out.
To me the next big thing in mobilephone technoligy would
be a battery just as small as todays batteries but with
big increase in power (picture a T68i that would last 2weeks
between recharge).

nghia
K750
PM
Posted: 2002-04-11 10:42
I think a lot of people are posting crap arguments like "I'll never go back to nokia, Ericsson all the way!!" and so on.people should look at what a phone has to offer instead of what brand it is. and yes it is true, nokia hasn't come with innovative phones for a few year. but what is they some with a a high tech phone someday that will blow the competition away? will you simply not buy it because it says nokia??

I think some people should grow up, probably the same people that keep wining about the mms upgrade (which isn't supported by any operater at this moment anyway).
WordUP
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-04-26 13:44
I had to use my 8210 again for 3 weeks after I've had my T68 for about a month.

The 8210's speed in menus, SMS writing and phonebook lookup is far superior to the T68's. In that respect, I've lost. Also, the way SMS entry works seems far more intuitive on the Nokia (the space being on 0, right where you can find it and next to the full stop (.) which are often used in succession). I believe, SonyEricsson have to go over the usability in their UIs again.

Of course, the T68's features (Bluetooth, Triband, colour screen, GPRS, ....) leave the 8210 in the dust, but still I find it more quirky to use than the Nokia.

But then again, there's the issue with Nokia's screens. I've had a few die on me, which is the only reason I actually bought a new phone.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi