Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Are you guys going back to Nokia? Under what circumstances?

Author Are you guys going back to Nokia? Under what circumstances?
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-28 15:33
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Or what
paavolam
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-28 15:56
Well I am not going to get new phone until 3G = UMTS phones become available. I look the situation and choose a phone from SE or Nokia which suites my needs. I don't look the brand so much.

What comes to Nokias design idea. You must agree that they have succeed. Almost allways Nokia phones are more expensive than SE or other brands, but still they sell. They make phones that most people want and/or need.

Technical advances are not only sales points. Take for example tri-band phones. I can assure you that most people in the world don't need that option. I think that they have calculated how much money they loose then people buy tri-ban phones from other manufactures and how much gain by dropping feature off and manafacturing phone with lower costs. At the same time retail price is almost the same perhaps even higher that tri-band phones so they are getting even higher profits.

Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-28 16:06
Yes. Bigger screen: 128x128 pixels. And 4096 colors.

And I think this phone looks great!

Super G
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-03-28 16:08
Check this link (ophein):

http://www.opheim.com/images/cebit/031.jpg
john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-28 16:17
Quote:

On 2002-03-12 21:26, Yellow-Hollow wrote:
john: What does 7650 have that 7210 doesn't? Just asking.

MAIN DIFFERENCE NO BLUETOOTH AND VOICE COMMANDS CMON......LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCES

The Nokia 7650 at a Glance:

Weight: 154 g
Dimensions: 114 x 56 x 26 mm
Talktime: 2 - 4 h
Standby time: 90 - 230 h
Key features: Integrated digital camera, picture taking and sending, MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service), photo album for storing pictures, GPRS, an advanced user interface, downloadable personal applications via Java™ technology, joystick navigation and a color display
Operating frequency: EGSM900/1800 in Europe, Africa, Asia Pacific
Imaging resolution: (VGA, 640x480 pixels) Graphical color display (176x208 pixels, 35x41mm)

Full Specifications
Size

Weight: 154 g
Dimensions: 114 x 56 x 26 mm, 138 cc

Display and User Interface
Illuminated high-contrast, full-graphics color display
Graphical user interface
Joystick with 5-way navigation

Integrated Digital Camera
Image capture at 640x480 resolution
Phone display used as a viewfinder
Photo album
4 MB dynamic memory for images, phonebook, calendar, messages and add-on applications

Wireless Connectivity
Infrared
Bluetooth
Wirelessly phone to phone or phone to PC
Send/receive pictures, graphics, play games

Operating System
Symbian OS
Open standard - possibility to download third-party applications
MIDP JavaTM support

Messaging
Combine picture, text and voice clip & send by MMS or e-mail to phone or PC
E-mail over GSM data, HSCSD and GPRS
E-mail protocols: SMTP, POP3, IMAP4
Concatenated text messages, picture messaging

High-speed Data
Up to 43.2 kilobits per second in High Speed Circuit Switched Data networks
Up to 40.2 kilobits per second in GPRS networks

Voice Features
Voice dialing, memory for 25 names and numbers
Voice recorder
Integrated handsfree speaker

Games
Snake Ex
Card Deck
Mix Pix
Ergonomic game controls

Dual Band Operation
GSM 900/GSM 1800 and EGSM 900/GSM 1800
Automatic switching between bands

Languages
28 language options available
(English + two other languages per phone)

WAP
WAP 1.2.1 over GSM data, HSCSD and GPRS The availability of particular products and services may vary by region. Please check with the Nokia dealer nearest you.
Some features are network dependent. Please check the availability of WAP services with your network operator and/or WAP service provider.
The Nokia 7650 stands by for up to almost 10 days. When you need more power, the convenient place to get it is using the desktop stand.
The Nokia 7650 has a Bluetooth module inside for wireless communication with another Bluetooth device up to 10 meters away. To communicate wirelessly with a compatible laptop, you need the Nokia Connectivity Card.

Battery Talk time Stand-by time Charging time
Battery Cell
BLB-2
750 mAh Li-Ion 2 - 4 h 90 - 230 h

Nokia 7210 at a Glance:

Availability: Europe, Africa, and Asia Pacific in Q3 2002
Weight: 83 g (battery included)
Dimensions: 106 x 45 x 17.5 mm
Talktime: Up to 4 h
Standby time: Up to 10 days
Key features: Urban trendiness with a daring design, latest color covers, high-resolution color display, full display wallpaper, stereo FM radio, multimedia messaging MMS, downloadable personal applications via Java™ technology, polyphonic (MIDI) ringing tones, tri-band world phone
Operating frequency: EGSM 900/1800/1900 networks worldwide
Color options: Three inbox colors: Turquoise, Orange, and Brown. In addition, six Xpress-on™ covers sold as accessories: Black, Red, Pink, Green Grey, Maroon and Yellow

Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-28 17:41
To be honest I'm not sure I like the design on the new 7650 with 4094 colors. As I said earlier, it loosk a little childish and cheap - second of all the buttons aren't ergonicmally placed. It'll be difficult to write SMS. Well, I hope the SMS typing on Nokia is still fast, even if it's color screen. I shouldn't be a catch though.

Maybe I'll wait for the 3G too.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-28 17:43
never! maby i will go to sendo they got nice designs
Ruben
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-30 01:39
I have been a Nokia fan before getting the T68.
I was really convinced that Nokia were the best until I got an 8310. Then I relaized what a mistake I had made. That mobile just didn't stop giving me problems. I was very disappointed with Nokia for releasing a mobile with all those software bugs. They were just slacking in my opinion.
Until the T68 came out no Ericsson phone ever impressed me and Nokia were much better.
The T68 is better than any Nokia phone to date and has much more features. However it has disadvantages too. Mainly the horribly slow SMS and phonebook and also the ringtones which are pathetic compared to Nokia. Of course the phone is much more stable than a Nokia and all the other great features compensate for these shortcomings.
The 7210 is a direct rival to the T68 and from what I have seen it looks good. In fact if it had Bluetooth I would say that it looks better than a T68. Of course it will be released nearly a year after the T68. Still it is going to be a very good mobile.
I have learnt from my past mistakes that Nokia aren't always right and that Sony Ericsson won't be always right.
T68 was ahead of its time and a very good mobile but by next year or even before something better will be out for sure, and it might be Nokia or Siemens who are delivering the product.
cadcad
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-03-30 01:46
never been with nokia to go back again
Ruben
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-30 02:04
The market share is something like this right now;

Nokia - 37%
Motorola - 14%
Siemens - 10%
Sony Ericsson - 8.5% (Ericsson had a 5.5% share before merging with Sony)
kogos
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 06:10
i think that 7210 is better than t68. more features but i hate the look. anyway, i won't change my phone cause i think it won't worth the money. I am from greece and the service points of nokia here are awfull. I always liked the nokia phones, but i felt idiot when i saw new phones comming up with a little upgrades every month. I hope they'll change their marketing plans. And imagine that i cannot right more than 70 characters using T9 in Greek with SE (damn unicode). But, let's not forget, they are the first in market, so they can do what they want. I was wondering : think of nokia releasing T68, and after 2 months releasing t68i... could we upgrade to the new software??? well, maybe when SE will be the first in market, they might become as stupid as nokia...

From a new ericsson member... (there's nothing like a good customer service)

kogos
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 06:10
and one more thing: a lot of nokia phones are getting destroyed in the service points here in Geece. My phones (Nokia 6150 and Nokia 7110)were destroyed when i tried to go for an update to the service point, and they had the nerve to tell me that the phones were destroyed before going to the service (and i was on warranty of course). I had to lie to get new phone for free (I told them i was a working for a magazine making new phones' benchmark... xaxaxa). Nokia will have to release THE GREAT PHONE OF ALL TIMES to make me buy it again...

Deltayoda
T68i
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 06:26
I think this post should be merged with the other post before we get more people double posting messages on both topics (I hate it when that happens)
papajames
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2002-04-09 07:21
i will never get a nokia phone ever. here in the philippines almost everyone has a nokia phone from the low end to the high end models. i got the t68 coz i know that only the few and the elite will have this phone and i do not want someone else having the same thing as mine. everywhere i go i see people own a nokia phone. the t68 is only for the elite and smart users with common sense. nokia the phone for the peasants i mean masses.
Oblomov
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-04-09 11:49
I was very satisfied with my Nokia (6150) as long as I had it,
but I think that besides all the nifty technologies in the newer
devices, the new Ericsson designed phones such as T68, T65 etc.
have a small advantage design-wise to the competitors, so I'm not going back.

/H