Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Are you guys going back to Nokia? Under what circumstances?

Author Are you guys going back to Nokia? Under what circumstances?
marcus
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 06:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I gotta admit, the 7210 is quite tempting. But that's all it is...because it wont be out till the 3rd Qtr of 2002. I own a t68 and an 8310. I'd say both phones are great. By the 3rd Qtr of 2002; i'd probably outgrown my t68 and be craving for something better. and i'd say the 7210 would be nice for a change. i dont rerally see the need for bluetooth as of now,not for the next 2 years or so....
GRIFTER
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 07:35
@marcus

i could'nt agree with you more about the Bluetooth. It isn't really that a necessity unlike the GPRS and WAP. Maybe given 2 yrs or so...
jack078
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 07:41
I agree, I dont put any cellphone company away by looking at 1 or 2 models, Nokia and SE are great too. But I would kick Motorola out of my sight forever!!!!
I had given many times and money to try their phone... none of them seems to be an OK phone. stupid menu, slow, ugly style, not user friendly....etc
I WONT even touch motorola's phone again!!
SonyEricsson and Nokia are BOTH GOOD!

[ This Message was edited by: jack078 on 2002-03-13 07:43 ]
aznkrazy55
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 17:10
i have to agree with both of u MARCUS and GRIFTER about the whole bluetooth thing, but since i'm in the US, we have no stinkin GPRS and/or good WAP ... so bluetooth is the best thing to me so far..and its koo cuz im gonna get the wireless headset for it
but here in US, if the 7210 will be the same price as the t68 (around 350-475) not too many people will buy it, cuz even the t68 is not out yet here, but i have it.. not that many people bought it yet cuz its too expensive..

w0ot
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 17:29
Doesn't NOkia have a special 'card-thing' that can be put into your phone, making it bluetooth?? If you add that to the new phone then you have it all
jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 17:56
According to Nokia the 7210 will have a slightly higher price than 8310.

And the 7210 is the same size as T-68.

Just because one thinks that e.g. the 7650 is a nice multi-phone, doesnt mean that one dislikes the T-68.
Whether the 7650 is ugly or goodlooking,.. thats a personal opinion. I like the design. Thats just my opinion.

I dont see it as "falling into the Nokia trap",..just because I'm being objective and openminded.

If one only looks at one specific brand,
and rule out others, thats being narrow-minded. You'll never know whats good and what you missed.

This doesnt mean that I will actually buy a Nokia,..it just shows that I wont rule out the other brands, and only look at

I love my T-68, but surely that wont last forever,..so of course you look at other options. And if doesnt have any nice products,..well then you'll have to pick another brand,..its that simple really

-----------------------------------

I'm being told all the time by Ericsson-users, that Nokia/nokia users are "childish" and so on,...well, it seems that some of the Ericsson users are just as bad on this subject.

Why not be constructive, objective and critical instead of just saying : Nokia sucks !

That would give us all a far better discussion, where you can actually learn something from it

I like mobile-phones, and I dont dislike any brand,..I'm far to curious for that. I'm very interested in knowing what other brands has to offer. And it doesnt really matter what nametag the phone has.

I like Sonyericsson a lot, and have done so for quite a while,.but they are not the only ones out there.

Right now the T-68 rules, no doubt about that And I would like to buy SE again, if the model suits me. I just hope they might consider making some changes to the new models, before releasing them.

Jan

jh67
S700
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-13 18:07
arroyootje > You mean the connectivity card and battery for the 6210. It only supports data transfer, not headset/audio profile.

One thing you can do, is to get the Plantronics headset M1500, it comes with an adapter (like HBH-10),..then you'll be able to use it with non-bluetooth phones.

Jan

Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 19:34
GRIFTER: Very nice written. I agree with you in almost all your points. And by the way; The 7210 is even smaller than the T68 in the depth and width. It's A TINY BIT higher than the T68.

It doesn't look like the 7210 is smaller though. That's a little strange. When I first saw the 7210 I noticed that it was so big. Now I've confirmed that it isn't big at all.
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 19:39
Jan:

I know. I agree with you. I'm sick of seeing people say that Nokia sucks all because they have an Ericsson phone themselves. And when they buy a Nokia, Ericsson sucks again. It doesn't work that way, it's so childish.

It's better to fair and see the reality in stuff, this way we'll get a better discussion and yes, we'll learn from it. People have to be fair with them selves, and strong to realize that even Siemens can make good phones, or Nokia, Philips and Ericsson. The tag doesn't have that much to say, if the phone is nice itself. Right now, T68 is the best. Maybe I'll buy a Nokia later (which I probably will do).. I have to see them and try them first.
arroyootje
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 19:55
So, Jan's just said it! If you're complaining about Nokia NOT having the function, just get that new one and you have a phone with EVERYTHING!!!! AND JAVA!!!! So don't complain. I think it's a phone and it'll probably be successful, but who knows what will release, they always keep theirs a 'secret'

fimpiel
W880 Silver
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 02:49
im what u call an "unfaithful customer" regarding phones, I dont care what brand it is actually, I buy the coolest one I find! So I´ve had em all... No, but I like the best, Nokia phones are for kids... are real phones!
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 05:41
Jan,

there's no point in trying to educate the few who think SonyEriccson are a football team and will support them for the rest of their lives...they're what you call 'wannabe techies'.

what i dont understand is how someone can post in 'What was your last phone' talking about the likes of the T18, Nokia 5110, 3210 or 3310...even the Motorla Wings...anyone who had them as their main phones need to stop talkin about what phone is best immediatley...you have no experience in determining what makes a good phone and your only ridiculing yourself!

and yeah i am a power user, i do think Bluetooth is useful, if you don't like it then don't use it...incidentaly if you think Bluetooth will only catch on in 2 or 3 years from now your probably reading this post via a 17inch crt monitor which you think is all the rage and kicks the butt off my twin lcd screens...oh yeah, and Plasma tv's are just not ready either.

rant over now...getting fed up of some a you idiots talkin the same anti Nokia sh** daily...give it a rest and start saving for your Z700...oh yeah, i forgot, you never bought your phone to play games on did ya.
decoy7
K700
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 05:44
fimpiel,

how do you come to the conclusion that Nokia are for kids as you've stated in your post?

6310 - kids phone? why?

back up your post or lets see if your just adding yourself to the people who talk sh** on this forum.
salireza
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-03-14 06:46
The nokia 7210 wont be released 'till the 3rd quarters(sometime late in the summer) by then I think SonyEricsson will have a new version of the T68 out with higher resolution and much more functionality. Guys dont forget that the T68 was announced nearly a year ago...its about time nokia is catching up...but by the time the 7210 is out SE will deliver something exceptional.
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-21 02:04
Yes. It's a long time untill then. But 7210 looks a little strange to, not very ergonomic buttons etc. It seems like it got a bigger screen than our T68.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi