Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Are you guys going back to Nokia? Under what circumstances?

Author Are you guys going back to Nokia? Under what circumstances?
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I think Mixing is 100% correct about polyphonic ringtones. I don't really like them. Anyway, it is something new, lets wait to see it in action.
I don't see any particular reason to purchase right now 7210 or any other phone. T68 has all in one (as Jan initially said) still looks very attractive with lots of features.
I am pretty sure that 7210 or any other new phone will have bugs. T68 also had some. This is not really a problem.
I am only considering to purchase a new phone like the p800 or the 7650. But again, I'll have to wait to see them in real life not only on photos.

luwi
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:16
No WAY!

"T68 is the BEST!"
Orka
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:18
@ n|ck_xp

What's wrong with the 256 colours? You don't like them? If you didn't, then why you purchase t68? You should knew it from the beginning that it has only 256 colors!
You said that t68i and t68 are different? You made big mistake.... Its the same phone with changed covers... If you consider them as different, then the black 8310 is different from the red one.
Who gave you the lists of mobile companies ranking? Give me your source, cause I am really intrested in that.... I think Nokia is on the top, Motorola and then This ranking of course might slightly change at this time, cause it was released 6 months or so before and there were not so much t68s back then.
Finally, it looks like you are not fun. I am wondering then, why you purchase this phone? You said cause it was tri-band. There are many other phones with tri-band.

john74
P800
PM, WWW
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:19
Look im not a one brand man i dont care whether i have a Nokia a siemens a SE or i dont know what....I might get the 7650 as soon as its out its got heaps more stuff than the 7210!!!Out of the 7210 and the T68 i will stick to the T68 only the 7650 might replace my beautiful T68!!!
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:26
john: What does 7650 have that 7210 doesn't? Just asking.
Gustaf
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:44
And is the T68 so bad that you need a ugly 7650? Can´t we guys ever get satisfied with something.

One day we say that the T68 is the best in the world.

The next day every body wants a new phone because Nokia releases a new crappy one. When we now have the best for the moment why thinking if we should by something else. Everybody seems like childs. When a new thoy that has different colour comes then we thinks that the old one is bad and that we just need the new one.

It is all a made up need from the brands. Look in there texts on the phone sites

(From 7210 Nokia.com)

"The Nokia 7210 represents the ultimate in style, combining the best of design and technology. The first things to catch your eye are the daring design, high-resolution color display, a radical new keypad with 4-way scroll, back cover with an oval decoration, and the latest Xpress-on™ color covers. And with exciting new features such as Java™ technology, polyphonic ringing tones, multimedia messaging and tri-band global network coverage, the Nokia 7210 has as much going for it on the inside as it does on the outside. Offering color images and stereo sound combined with a striking exterior, it illustrates the latest synergy of mobile fashion and cutting-edge technology. The new Nokia 7210. Heads will turn."

Plain bullshit!!!

Or do you guys fall in Nokia´s trap?
Gustaf
T610
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:51
But I don´t say that I´m better my self.
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 21:56
Gustaf: Haha, I totally agree. Nokia writes too much bullshit on their sites about their phones. It's soo lame, only the best words;

- UNIQUE DESIGN
- EXCELLENT
- PERFECT FOR RICH BUSINESS-PEOPLE
- DELIGHT FOR YOUR EYES
- NEW DESIGN
- CATCHY PHONE

Beeleeeeee...
n|ck_xp
P900
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 22:33
Orka I am not wrong you are.
First about which company is first we have

NOKIA 35% of the market
Motorola 14.8% of the market
Siemens
Samsung
Sonyericsson 5.5 of the market

I don’t say that the Gartner company make this results yesterday!! So is the last statistic. And also don’t give the statistic of siemens and Samsung in the review I was read and also say before that results the ericsson was the third company with 15% and the Motorola have 16%.So you are wrong ok?
And then why I buy the T68 its my problem not yours. I don’t say to you change your phone because have 256 colors o you cannot say to me why I have it if I don’t like the 256 colors. Also I like nokia and I like sonyericsson but I am not going to die from any of both this companies ok? And the time who I bough the t68 it was the only good triband with color display and of course I prefer the ericsson than the Motorola or all the other companies. Actually my phone was the 8890 very good phone but too old for my I already have it a year…I said the 7210 display is much much better that the T68 is that true or not?Its true so what is your problem?
Bobby68
T650 Green
PM
Posted: 2002-03-12 23:27
i'm going to try Nokia 7650
Yellow-Hollow
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 00:25
I'll consider buying the 7210 later. I might do it. But I wonder if it got custom background-images. I do like over 4000 colors on the phone. T68 should have that. But this is the market, it's built this way. Companies comes with new phones all the time.
Thanassis
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 01:15
To answer the topic question:

Never been to Nokia, so I can't "return" there!

Seriously now, I don't think that I will buy a Nokia any time soon, and the main reason (apart from being behind from technological point of view) is the fact that the official Nokia dealer here in Greece sux big time!!!

They don't seem to understand the concept of customer care, while SE is waaayyyy ahead of them!
GRIFTER
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 02:23
I have been a Nokia user from the first time i had a cellphone and i was fairly satisfied with it's performance. Software bugs have never been a problem to me. right now i've switched to Ericsson's T68m and this is my first Ericsson phone. So far i am impressed with it's features. But of course there is no such thing as a SUPREME product! I find the SMS service and the contact directory menu VERY SLOW! I once had a N7110 and the reason why i switched to a N6210 was because of it being slow.

I might go back to Nokia IF: they made the 7210 small like the T68, it had SYNC-ON Capabilities.

So far i like the 7210 having the radio FM tuner, Java function, and more colors.

Why doesn't Nokia integrate ? Simple. Because they see the trend in the technology uprise. In our company, we are developing new products based on wireless and not bluetooth. Maybe after 3-5 years, will have it's market share but for now it's still not that big of an issue whether to compete with the ones offering them. I'd still buy the ordinary handsfree for my T68 rather than the bluetooth enabled because of the BIG PRICE DIFFERENCE. Consumers are thinking that way. So Nokia is targeting the masses.

Im not an AVID, DIE-HARD FAN of any cellphone manufacturing company, i cater to those that will fit my lifestyle and my taste. I am both on and Nokia but if i were to choose id combine all the stuff that and Nokia has.

What sucks about Nokia is their marketing strategy to launch new phones with a little upgrade from their previous predecessor. it's like marketing the 3310 and then after 2 months here comes the 3330 with the WAP capabilities! What the hell is up with that!?? Why don't they just hold that and try to bring about a new model that has MORE new CAPABILITIES and not just an added one with a different casing! From the analysts point of view, you can see how they dominate the market share... because they can trick people to buying phones and then introducing another phone with almost the same function!

The good thing about is their support for their consumers. Right now the T68i is almost out and the way they explained it, we can have the software upgrade for our T68 to T68i, so you see they are not trying to rip off their customers by releasing new products that are almost the same with the latter one. At least the software can be upgraded and still match the current and existing one. Unlike nokia, if you want that feature you will have to buy that phone and sell your old one.. see my point?

Overall Nokia and has their own strong and weak points, all of us should have an open-mind on this and not act like a bratty-spoiled-grown-men that keeps on waving how good there phone company is... and please we should not try to convince ourself that we have the BEST PHONE and the OTHER company SUCKS because they dont have this phone.. that's foolish.. some of you people here should be open-minded and opinionated.

[ This Message was edited by: GRIFTER on 2002-03-13 02:25 ]
aznkrazy55
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 03:41
the only thing ericsson should of had on the t68 was that polyphonic tone thing... i cant hear shit from the t8 when its in my pocket.. but the whole bluetooth sleekness .. "pimpness" stuff the t68 has kicks nokia's 7210 up the ass... o yea.. too bad tho the t68 only have 256 colors... it shoulda been the 4000 color one.. i wooda liked that more... thas the ONLY plus side i like with the 7210..

but the buttons on the 7210... CMON!!! that crap looks like it was designed for kids to use...

PLUS... all the colors look GIRLY.. except the brown one.. i like urban colors..

P.S. would anyone wood like to send me a background for my t68 through sms i guess?? i'll give whoever my cell #
cuz i jus got mine here in CALIFORNIA.. and i am possibly the ONLY FEW people to have this kick ass phone here.. w0ot
lor
P910
PM
Posted: 2002-03-13 05:36
I don't see the need to get myself a nokia phone, or pda phone for that matter. The p800 happens to do the same things the nokia 7650 and from what i've heard, it'll probably be extremely buggy [just like all normal nokia phones]

i really have nothing against nokia, i just don't like their phones, that's all

and the t68 won't be #1 forever, but of course, but the p800 will take over and now that sony ericsson is making phones together, i don't think we're gonna have a problem. we won't need to go back to nokia anymore if keeps doing their job.

i think they finally figured out how to make good phones, and keep their customers. [addsig]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi