Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > How long will Ericsson be part of SonyEricsson?

Previous  123  Next
Author How long will Ericsson be part of SonyEricsson?
baileynash
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-05-03 08:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Ericsson MAKES mobile systems worldwide.... Sony makes music and TV, they are not phone people. Without Ericsson Sony would be stuck with about 4 crappy looking, stupid working mobiles that about 10 people buy.

Without Ericsson Mobile phones wouldn't be what they are today. Who do you think started all the trends, then Nokia took them, released 10 products at once and Nokia was on the board.
T300 Is My LIFE.... Now I want a nokia Camera Phone
gareb
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-03 12:28
As I said before.Why dont Sony make the screens and Ericsson the phones.Together nobody gonna beat that phone
Georgia aint no paradise. But a place I call home.
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-03 12:42
the problem is that most people stay whit the brand they have, in this case nokia is on top, only samsung seems to exite people to go for a new brand. needs more phones on the market.
(zendilar)
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-05-03 15:31
As I said in another time each company has sections for the devises that are assembled from them, there are different sections for monitors & TV sets different for mobile phones different for entertainment devises (like ps1,ps2) and different for military products (radars wireless army networks satellite devices etc.)
Now when a section doesn’t goes good the profit from the others helps him.
But if he continues to fall in the market sales then the company has to do something about it.
This is what happen in Ericsson Swedish mobile telecommunications (it was the section for all Ericsson mobile phones), when Nokia relished in the market all the garbage phones like 3210,3310,8210,3330 and all this shit.
But the phones were good looking cheap and for someone who wants only to speak with his phone were o.k. (except for their batteries).
That’s how Ericsson singed up the agreement with Sony, and now SonyEricsson is a new section combined from the two companies it has nothing to do with TVs or hi-fis it works on its own.
And something about the disagrees between Sony and Ericsson ,when to companies with grate technology knowledge combine together the sure thing is that something good will happen (we can see that with P800) so let’s wait a little bit more and I believe the design will be better by time.
Hay to all SE funs p910i is the best. (I am here to help if I can...)
Tecknology mast be top.
ihudol
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-05-03 16:00
How can you be against Sony!? When Sony made their CMD-Z5 Ericsson had T28 and you think they made bether phones. Sony made only a couple of phones and 50% of them were very good but Ericsson made a zillion of them and only T68 was something good.
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-05-03 16:49
And don't forget, Ericsson also made most if not all of the Landline Digital Switching Terminals, connecting all phone calls in most countries.
I feel that Sony and Ericsson made good phones for different reasons, but when they merged, look what a revolution they started, when i got my t68i, it was the greatest thing anyone had ever seen.
doohan
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-03 17:04
I totally agree with you SonyBoy. If it wasn't for Sony, I would never of contemplated on buying an Ericsson phone, but then again... I wouldn't be buying Nokia either (just bad experiences with Nokia)

Look, everybody has there likes and dislikes, but what I love most about Sony is the parts. I still have this very old beta video camera recorder. I couldn't believe when I was still able to get new battery for it, even after it was over 15 yrs old.

Sony also does it for me in many ways, from Innovation, style, accessories, Quality... etc.etc!

That is my 2cents worth!

[ This Message was edited by: doohan on 2003-05-03 16:11 ]
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-09 17:51
Quote:

On 2003-05-03 16:00, ihudol wrote:
Ericsson made a zillion of them and only T68 was something good.

What about T39 - T28 - T20 ??? Well in fact the whole "T" serie, they where extremely good
kingkong
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-05-09 18:22
it's already happenning. did you notice the t610? the YES and NO keys are no longer there. the light that is usually found at the top of each ericsson phone is gone!
Jim
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2003-05-09 18:25
What ??? no way, the green flashing led is gone ??????? This is impossible and yes it's a shame for the Yes and No buttons, looks like a Nokia now ...
bart
Ericsson T68
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-09 18:39
needs to get there phones on the market sooner and in greater number. there number 6 now on the best selling phone company's. LG beat them because they sell good in asia.
now has a primary market in the us CDMA phones
europe will folow later
kingkong
T300
PM
Posted: 2003-05-09 18:55
@jim, check
http://www.sonyericsson.com/trythephone/t610/en/

i didn't see the green led.

jonbob.com
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-09 22:01
It's there - shown in one of the reviews. But the loss of YES and NO as well as nokia power key infuriates me no end. But shit happens, and SE know a lot more about designing phones than I.
vanquish
V600
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-10 11:02
face it

ericsson weren't good, except for the t68. im proud of having a sony ericsson cos ericsson made the best colour phone and sony just rule the electronic market. ericsson nerly went bust then sony came along. sony ericsson is the next big thing. its quality. sony didnt ruin ericsson, but helped it to show its true best. they are both good. without sony no p800. without ericsson no t68I. there both shit, and there both good. sony really piss me off though. im surprises fones arent ded expensive like all the other sony crap

where wud da world be without Sony AND ERICSSON????????????? [addsig]
jonbob.com
T610
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-05-10 11:15
Ericsson always has been synonymous with quality - makes you wonder how they got into financial trouble, but sony phones aren't that good however they do excel at design and marketing.

I just wish they had made the T610 out of magnesium like my Sony Minidisc walkman.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi