Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Vodafone GPRS woes

Previous  12
Author Vodafone GPRS woes
butterguy
P1
PM
Posted: 2003-05-15 06:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
heh i just got down to the reality that i won't be able to use my "free" GPRS from O2...i'll use unlimited wap with orange access pack for websites (throught default browser) and mms(nowmms) and occasionally use the internet gprs for email, and any sites ic an't access from the default browser through wap
can't wait till we have chips implanted in our brains and the size issue goes back to being something else.
Solidus
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-24 23:00
I also have that 'activation Rejected' thing, which appears just after it says it has connected.

It's really annoying me now, as I've had the phone since last summer and still can't get it working the way it should out of the cradle. I've also been on the phone with Vodafone and they assure me my account is fine for internet access and they were puzzled by why I was having problems.
Codfather
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-25 00:55
Hey guys i had the same problem..Hope this will help.. http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=52452#post683480 anyway if you have any problems just ask

[ This Message was edited by: Codfather on 2004-03-24 23:56 ]
switchbitch
P900
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-25 02:54
Vodafone gprs internet access does not require a username or password, simply "internet" in the address field. you also need a wap internet account to send mms, and you need to instruct your mms function to access the server via this wap internet account.
when you figure it out, its all so simple that youll wonder why it didnt work before. It can be annoying tho. For the activation rejected people, make sure vodafone have you connected to an INTERNET apn, cos more often than not they wont know their arse from their elbow and theyll give you the wrong information. Other than that, may i take this opportunity to say that vodafone, in my opinion, have the fastest, most efficient and extensive network service. [addsig]
Solidus
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-25 14:10
Finally I have Opera and e-mail access working!

Rang Vodafone customer service, they put me through to the correct GPRS department and I explained I needed Internet APN, as WAP APN was giving me 'activiation rejected'. She was puzzled by what an APN was at first, then put me on hold for about 3 minutes and she then told me to turn my phone of for 30 minutes and it would be done.

They got it right this time!
sensei
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-03-25 14:29
Check out this link. Seems like Vodafone havent created you a APN account.
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=51759#post675287
Codfather
P910
PM
Posted: 2004-03-25 21:40
Just to help with this situation Vodafone do not have GPRS web activated on your account until you tell them to activate it!
As you need GPRS web activated to use the Opera browser and Email client this part of the set-up is essential..trust me iv been to hell and back figuring it out....to think all it takes is a simple fone call to voda customer services, and tell them what you want doing.
By the way has anybody had problems downloading emails onto their phone? Just recently i keep getting a message saying Problem copying messages.. DND report.. Bad name.. Any clues to what this means?
Id apprieciate the help
I wouldn`t say my swimming is fantastic..,But i once beat the man from Atlantis!
Solidus
P800 no flip
PM
Posted: 2004-03-25 22:22
Well the problem is, I told them pretty much exactly what I told them this time and I got the run around. The operator ended up going through her stuff and recommended me what to do and sent me various phone setups. I did explain that I needed Internet APN, but obviously some of the customer service representitives are better briefed than others.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi