Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > You might not like what I have to say. T610

Previous  1234  Next
Author You might not like what I have to say. T610
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2003-03-14 23:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
you're talking crap because as many other people have pointed, 3G is not an issue here. 3G will not be mass market for a very long time, if at all- just because hutchinson are launching services (some time) does not people are going to buy into it. they may very well not, at least not at a price that means anything worthwhile to hutchinson, or the other providers.

in the meantime, which is likely to last quite a while, gsm is tried and trusted technology that the mass market is comfortable with, and comfortable paying for. i applaud SE for having a killer 3G phone (the Z1010) up their sleeve for the future, but realistically they have to concentrate on the gsm market for quite a while yet.
Devilman
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 00:12
Am not Anti-SE I like their products I’ve got a lot of SE products myself. But all am saying is lets hope they don’t make a dogs dinner (Mess) with 3G as they did with GSM. Because there’s going to be a lot of heavy players in this new market.

Sure the T610 is a great phone on paper; but am left with the feeling too little too late.

+

SE better start praying that Nokia get on BT band wagon
All it takes is one decision A lot of guts, a little vision to wave Your worries, and cares goodbye
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 00:19
see, two things wrong in that post. first, with the Z1010, SE already have a 3G killer. secondly, the fact that nokia are being slow on the BT front is to their own detriment, not SE's- they've badly misjudged the market on that score. People are already buying phones on the strength of BT- not manufacturer loyalty- and that is currently working to SE's advantage.
Devilman
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 00:25
Look it’s very easy for BT to die a quick death, and Nokia are not helping by releasing new phones without BT. It’s not that their not quick on the uptake it’s their putting out a clear statement about the BT product.

Please also note that Nokia sell more headsets than SE; so BT could do with help from Nokia.

And that’s a FACT
All it takes is one decision A lot of guts, a little vision to wave Your worries, and cares goodbye
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 00:37
the fact is BT has been snowballing over the last year, with or without nokia (or even SE for that matter). after an admittedly slow start, some time ago now, it's now booming.

if you'd been posting this a year or so ago, i'd have rubbed my chin and thought maybe you had a point. but right now, you don't. nokia are making the mistake here; BT is already too big for them to kill, even if they wanted too. they're just being typically slow in implementing the latest technology, as always.
shithappens
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 00:40
doesn't need the 610 to kick the 7650's ass...the current t68i is already doing that......
True Bravery is arriving home late after a boys' nite out, wife waiting with the broom & u ask: "Are u still cleaning or are u flying somewhere"
Devilman
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 00:42
LOLs @ Boinng your right Nokia are always slow at implementing the latest technology . I have to agreed with you on that one.

You got me there.
ppw731
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 02:18
The dynasty of Nokia dominance will come to an END once the 3G era starts booming. I believe SE is pacing themselves to be a leader in 2005. Just as Nokia took over Motorola's spot few years ago.
cscs
T600
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 02:21
Quote:

On 2003-03-15 00:42, Devilman wrote:
LOLs @ Boinng your right Nokia are always slow at implementing the latest technology . I have to agreed with you on that one.

You got me there.

It depend on whether you are buying a phone to use of a technology to use !
Citizzen
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 04:30
Anybody who says that the T610 will fail because of the 3G network is not only stupid but also brainless!!! It will take at least 2 t0 3 years for 3G to be accepted by the consumers.And no body is going to buy a 3G phone immediately especially in SEA.

And for god sake, please read the phone comparison properly! Get a Johnson & Johnson contact lens if u want for better sharpness!! The T610 kicks the 6650 all over the place in terms of design, colours, specification and of course the price!!

So now do u realise that what u told was really crap
QooQooJiao
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 05:10
Yeah, talking crap talking crap!
Devilman
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 07:57
I never knew that we had market analyst in this form; HOW THE f**k DO YOU KNOW WHICH WAY THE MARKET IS GOING TO GO; WHAT THE f**k DID YOU DO ASK YOUR TEN FRINEDS IF THEY WERE GOING TO BUY A 3G PHONE, THEN MADE YOUR MIND UP TO PRINT THAT CRAP.

NOBODY KNOWS WHICH WAY THE MARKET IS GOING TO GO; AND IF THEY DID THEY WOULD BE VERY nice RICH………

It’s just going to be a repeat of history; SE are going bring out a nice good phone like the SE T610 but Nokia will just pound the market with shit, and what will happen most people you know will have a Nokia.

NOW TELL ME HOW WILL THAT HELP SE.

AM MAD NOW !!!!!
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 11:48
/Devil man

Why did you compare T610 with 6650?
If you compare Z1010 with 6650 then its logic or t610
with 7250.

ya ya maybe its because T610 is SE 2003 flag ship product

"3" will be running soon but do remember, all GSM network won't shut down the next day after the launching.

It took US so many years to get rib of TDMA network so it will take a few yr to see GSM(GPRS) phone vanished from market.

therefore I don't see its stupid to get T610 out, since the mass market still looking for GSM/gprs phone.

[ This Message was edited by: c96sthl on 2003-03-15 10:53 ]
Del
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-03-15 12:03
/Devilman
If your that hung up about a 6650 or the 3 network then go and buy it yourself, then thatway you can video call yourself because no one else will be on that network for quite a while its to dam expensive boy !
Brought to you straight from the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
Coramoor
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-03-15 12:32
I wouldn't call the p800 old technology...
It's still the most powerfull smartphone on the market.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi