http://m.imore.com/galaxy-s5-problem

The Galaxy S5 problem
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 12:29
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
There seems to be an awful lot of false opinions going on in this thread. Claims of how bad Samsung are and how much better the competition is - yet not a single shred of evidence to back it up. Just the opposite in fact.

Are they smoking too much wacky-baccy ?!
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 13:30
That happens all the time all over Esato. People complaining and praising phone's they will never have.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 15:35
Hmm, well all I said was the camera photos didn't seem to be as good as the S4 in my view after seeing the reviews. I actually praised it's screen so it's not me
Phone?? What phone??
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 16:48
Tsepz Don't do it.Hang in there and wait for the Note 4 with me.

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Hobbs
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 17:00
Rikken Very cool. Friday is gonna be a good day. Enjoy.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3
Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 17:37

On 2014-04-04 08:00:24, Sassho wrote:
Stop word battle guys I see camera in SGS5 worse than SGS4 i9500 / i9505 camera.

Get great maked photo-compare. See , read and comments please
http://hi-tech.mail.ru/review/cameraphones_2014_part1.html

Yep...confirm is Here. Аs expected SGS4 is winner.Аnd not the best i9500 version.
davidsic
Samsung Galaxy S 4
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 21:20
And where is the Galaxy S5 in this comparison ?
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2014-04-09 21:52

On 2014-04-09 21:20:48, davidsic wrote:
And where is the Galaxy S5 in this comparison ?

Damn Samsung I wrong SGS4 with SGS5 - as are brothers....sorry all
Sassho
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 12:52
iFixit disasembly Galaxy S5
http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Samsung+Galaxy+S5+Teardown/24016
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvs1MAXGh0s

[ This Message was edited by: Sassho on 2014-04-11 11:56 ]
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 20:38
Got to play with what is the best Android around so far, the Galaxy S5 today

Mate of mine got the GS5 16GB LTE, upgrading from a GS3 LTE. The Galaxy S5 is an excellent step forward, the UI is blazing fast and smooth, the phone feels a lot more premium than the S4, it's heavier and larger on paper but in reality there isn't much difference when holding them, I was still able to handle it one-handed comfortably as I do with the S4, the design seems to be a mix of the S4 and Note 3, what I didn't like are the larger bezels though, I sure hope the Note 4 ones will be smaller. The new Music Player is just awesome, I see Samsung brought bits of it in to the S4's KitKat date e.g. The Lock Screen controls, overall it makes the S4 music player look very dated. The Camera is fast, ridiculously fast, Samsung have done a great job with it, AF is fast and the time between pic taken is non-existent, but the GS4 is the same in that regard, but great to know Samsung kept the experience fast and consistent.

The updated TouchWiz UI is simply amazing, the icons look more modern and in line with Androids flatter UI, the animations and transitions are fast and smooth but as I always do I turned them off, a Samsung without UI animations and transitions is damn good to use, everything happens in an instant, you've do this by enabling Developer Options (tap build number in About Device a few times until it says it's unlocked). Samsung have listened to complaints and corrected a lot of things including the S4's rather awful Settings UI, the S5s Settings UI is so much more logical and simpler to use everything is exactly where you expect it to be and being a Samsung it can be a bit intimidating as there is just SO MUCH you can customize and tweak.

Overall, the phone is excellent, Samsung haven't done too little or too much, they've simply further refined a product and added some useful features as well as a few gimmicks for to tinker with. Would I get the GS5? Nah, not unless it was gifted to me, I will happily wait for the Note 4 now knowing I'm not really missing out on a lot, the S5 is truly built for those who gave the GS4 a miss and stayed with the GS3, but Samsung have shown with the Galaxy S5 that they are learning from past mistakes and are headed in the correct direction, Im looking forward to the Note 4 now even more.

To those who got the GS5, congrats, you've got what is the best Droid so far Samsung have a winner here.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Vipera ammodytes
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 21:00

On 2014-04-11 20:38:02, Tsepz_GP wrote:

Mate of mine got the GS5 16GB LTE, upgrading from a GS3 LTE. The Galaxy S5 is an excellent step forward, the UI is blazing fast and smooth, the phone feels a lot more premium than the S4, it's heavier and larger on paper but in reality there isn't much difference when holding them, I was still able to handle it one-handed comfortably as I do with the S4, the design seems to be a mix of the S4 and Note 3, what I didn't like are the larger bezels though, I sure hope the Note 4 ones will be smaller. The new Music Player is just awesome, I see Samsung brought bits of it in to the S4's KitKat date e.g. The Lock Screen controls, overall it makes the S4 music player look very dated. The Camera is fast, ridiculously fast, Samsung have done a great job with it, AF is fast and the time between pic taken is non-existent, but the GS4 is the same in that regard, but great to know Samsung kept the experience fast and consistent.

The updated TouchWiz UI is simply amazing, the icons look more modern and in line with Androids flatter UI, the animations and transitions are fast and smooth but as I always do I turned them off, a Samsung without UI animations and transitions is damn good to use, everything happens in an instant, you've do this by enabling Developer Options (tap build number in About Device a few times until it says it's unlocked). Samsung have listened to complaints and corrected a lot of things including the S4's rather awful Settings UI, the S5s Settings UI is so much more logical and simpler to use everything is exactly where you expect it to be and being a Samsung it can be a bit intimidating as there is just SO MUCH you can customize and tweak.

Overall, the phone is excellent, Samsung haven't done too little or too much, they've simply further refined a product and added some useful features as well as a few gimmicks for to tinker with. Would I get the GS5? Nah, not unless it was gifted to me, I will happily wait for the Note 4 now knowing I'm not really missing out on a lot, the S5 is truly built for those who gave the GS4 a miss and stayed with the GS3, but Samsung have shown with the Galaxy S5 that they are learning from past mistakes and are headed in the correct direction, Im looking forward to the Note 4 now even more.

To those who got the GS5, congrats, you've got what is the best Droid so far Samsung have a winner here.

Hmm you speak based on what? lol

Have u maybe tested M8 and Z2 so u speak or?
OnePlus 8
hello1000
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 21:19

On 2014-04-11 20:38:02, Tsepz_GP wrote:

We know, our sammy boy is happy again.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 21:38
Vipera
ammodytes

I've had a brief play with someones M8 today, I think he imported it as local network reps are talking nothing but Samsung, couple of issues with M8: Camera quality isn't exactly great, it feels slippery in hand, no IP and it doesn't seem to have the sort of after sales support the Samsung has, when I say best I'm talking the ENTIRE package.

Haven't used Z2, I've taken it out as its arriving so much later globally.

Hello1000

I'm glad for him, I'm also happy.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
aussieland1
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2014-04-11 23:35
I agree that S5 is very nice, I also don't like the rather large bezels. Also I found tw on it more fluid than on my note 3. That being said (and without knowing what ip is) I think HTC one m8 is really nice. Camera in day light might not be as good as on s5 but is superior in low light. I personally think it looks better , feels faster and doesn't feel more slippery than s4. And speaking about updates my brothers HTC One was updated from android 4.1 to 4.2, 4.3 and more recently to 4.4 which I think it is pretty good. The only thing that sucks about it is IMO the lack of optical stabilisation like the original HTC one and not as important (to me ) the lack of 4k video recording. If I was not so much into phablets I would seriously consider one
[ This Message was edited by: aussieland1 on 2014-04-11 22:36 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 161718 ... 414243  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic