Add to Bookmarks
Previous  123 ... 123124125 ... 369370371  Next
Author Sony Xperia Z1
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-20 07:15
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
no one seems to knwo for sure. i've asked sony on twitter but they choose to ignore my questions.

based on what others have said on here .. i would guess there will be an announcement of some kind next week or first week of oct..

all i know is.. by the end of the 1st week of oct.. if there is no unlocked C6906 coming soon, i'll be getting C6903.
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
supercoolman
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 07:39
I hope Sony is not delaying C6906 due to T-Mobile getting Z so late. C6906 passed certification at the same time as C6903, so there shouldn't be anything holding Sony back from releasing C6906

wonder if we can get a group discount. got 3 friends + me wanting it if we can get our hands on C6906 without any carrier branding.
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 08:04
Ok guys my phone has arrived and as you all should know by now I owned an XZ and an XZU

I'm going to be very brief here and just mention the one thing that is bugging most people

The screen on the Z1 is absolutely astounding - better than the Ultra, view angles are great - the whites are white and the blacks are black it is truly magnificent and don't let anyone tell you different

That's all for the moment - more to come

oh and I have photo's that I took on both the Z and ZU on my SD card so I'll be able to compare
moogoo
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2013-09-20 08:10
^hooray. it arrived. congrats on your Z1. glad to know the screen is amazing and a bit shocked to hear you say that it's even better than ZU!

look forward to hearing more of your impressions
moogoo
Nokia 5160 -> Nokia 8260 -> SE T68i -> SE K700i -> SE Z710 -> SE Xperia X10a -> Sony Xperia S -> Sony Xperia Z1 -> Sony Xperia XZ -> Sony Xperia XZ Premium -> Sony Xperia 1ii
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 08:20
Congrats on your Z1 Geoffxx , looking forward to your opinions about the Z1 , BTW Gsmarena also said the screen is indeed better than ZU.
[ This Message was edited by: reeflotz on 2013-09-20 07:20 ]
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
kurtdean
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 08:27
z1 vs note 3 screen http://www.eprice.com.tw/mobi[....]ny-xperia-z1-i1-Honami-review/ Z1 has better screen CONFIRMED
ascariss
Sony Xperia Z3
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 08:40
Just like Apple, Sony also has to source its screens from multiple companies in order not to stick all their eggs in one basket. I posted this earlier from AnandTech who tested the new iphones and discovered that the 5C in their test had a brighter screen than the 5S

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7340/the-iphone-5c-review

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review/12

As the graph shows, for this particular 5S, the 2 previous models and the 5C have a brighter screen, but other parameters were either similar or better for the 5S. Clearly down to a different manufacturer for the screen.

This is probably the same case for Sony's screens but who knows how much difference there is between the various screen suppliers for Sony, I'd hope that Sony has a strict quality control system to ensure the variation is not large.
bcb16
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 08:59
hmm..don't know if this already posted or the correct thread, review for DSC QX10 : http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/sony_cybershot_dsc_qx10_review/
hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 09:21
We have a dedicated thread for the QX-10 and QX-100 lenses.
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=206145
bcb16
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 09:31
@hihihans

owh ic ic, thanks for the info. Sorry for posted it here
Shotokan81
Apple iPhone 3GS
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 09:34

On 2013-09-20 05:32:36, moogoo wrote:
From what I understood Shotokan to say, he's saying use of an XR rating would give more confidence to what's being said, ONLY if it is published on the first post of the rumor thread. Anything else in the thread being said is just hogwash unless it's in the first post of the thread with an XR rating.

Yes, nothing more than what Razec suggested building upon what Ramu was doing.
I mean that the host gathers the rumors and cross the information, wether it is PM or in the thread is not important. Depending on how many sources, consistency of feedback and who these sources are (tracking record) then the host assigns a XR rating.

Anyone can post and claim a XR rating, but the real Esato XR ratings are the ones from the host and can be seen on the first page...
本当に良い刀は鞘に入っている
admad
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 10:25

On 2013-09-20 03:17:32, moogoo wrote:
so i took a peek at GSMarena's Note 3 Preview..

lo and behold, they are praising the Note 3's camera like it's god gift to imaging. I pulled up the sample images of the same things (they took pics of the same things) and put them side by side. The Z1's Superior Auto samples look the same or better.

For a site that's "well respected" as far as mobile review sites go.. it's not very scientific in its review. Sure, it's fairly thorough, but definitely not scientific. The conditions, settings, firmware version, etc aren't laid out. And I'd be hard pressed to think they took more than one photo of anything.

If I had the money to buy a ton of different phones, so I could review them.. I'd set up some scientific experiments to show a phone's true potential. Anybody want to invest in me?

Anyway.. the camera is the least of my worries, as the HW is there and latest sw is good and will get better. 2 weeks until i make my decision.. hopefully the smartwatch deal is still around

Oh really? Let me show what's it like in real life. I resized Note 3 photo from 13 to 20.7 MP so Z1 should have a big advantage here. As mentioned before Z1 has good parts of the photo, and the bad blurry crap. I compared them both. Please remember, that Note 3 is a phablet, camera wasn't important, it doesn't have BIONZ image chip, Sony G Lens, 1/2.3" and a 20.7MP. But it still does equally good (on good part) and far far better on bad part of the photo than the Z1 which was supposed to have best camera on android smartphone. I say what GSMArena did, Note 3 camera is fantastic, having that in mind

Ofcourse the Z1 was pre-production model, but so was Note 3. So I have a challange, show me a landscape photo from Z1 that doesn't have this crap blurred out part.
Geoffxx
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 11:10
well guys first issue - the phone won't recognise my 64gb SD card - it could be faulty, it sees my 18gb card no problem, I need some way of testing the card, my laptop won't read it either but that is nothing new, have to go get it tested somewhere before I order another one, it was in my Ultra before I sold it and was working fine

I love this phone

The camera came in handy for reading the writting on the SD card as it's too small even with my glasses on
[ This Message was edited by: Geoffxx on 2013-09-20 10:14 ]
reeflotz
Hazel
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 11:22
@ Aurelius

Thanks for sharing those excellent pics taken by Z1, I do hope that after the firmware update for Z1 camera, review sites will do a re-review of it.
Hazel J20i [Bricked], Sony Xperia Go
reeflotz.blogspot.com
reeflotz@deviantart
unknownC151A
Sony Xperia V
PM
Posted: 2013-09-20 11:31
I actually compared my Xperia ion's display with Xperia Z1's and ion came out brighter and with deeper blacks.
Furthermore, I took shots with the Z1 today and post progressing in clearly evident. I did not Bluetooth those samples but there's like a lot white-grey specks and weird streaks when zoomed in.
Overall, it's a great phone. The dinosaur mode was fun. Not many people know, but you actually move those dinosaurs and trees around.
Timeshift mode was also interesting.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 123124125 ... 369370371  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic