Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > So torn between Sony Xperia S and Galaxy S2

Previous  123  Next
Author So torn between Sony Xperia S and Galaxy S2
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 13:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Having played with both, I'd choose the Xperia S. It has more pizzazz.
djin
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 15:42
Both s2, and xs are similarly priced. So i would go for xperia s in this case, as it has an hd screen, which is much better for browsing. Major gripes with xs is the older os, which will be updated in this quarter. Xperia S has some bugs now, but so did s2 when it came out.

S2 is thinner and lighter, overall good phone but feels cheaper in the hand until your used to it. xs has a unique design which makes your phone stand out and feels good in hand. If your heavy on gaming then s2 will offer little better results, then again you wouldnt be looking at s2 or xs as both dont offer that. You will have to go for one x.

If you can wait, then s3's coming out, and obviously , future phones from every manufacturer.

I think tai020381 has given the best advice so far. Weigh in your own opinions from the reviews and comparisons and hands on feel, because this thread will be more of a mess than help to you with so many different opinions and arguments.
Xperia T + N 96

R.I.P Desire
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 18:53

On 2012-04-25 11:56:08, doministry wrote:
And here we go with more Bonovox bull..shit.

SGS II is worse in every area, and it's proven.
The camera is worse and it's proven in comparisons.

Bonovox why don't you use your frustration somwhere else?
Why do you have to post false crap without any credit?

Guys please let's not feed the troll.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2012-04-25 10:57 ]

Erm,do you have to be so aggressive with your words. I,like others in here made my point of view. It was my opinion just like others. So,what is your problem?? I was giving my views to what he was asking. As for false crap & frustrations. Erm,not frustrated & it is YOU that says I speak false crap. I just said what I think. Why do you have an issue with that?? I think it's you with the problem stop having a pop at me just cos I don't agree with you And @Tigon,so what if I change my phone or avatar why have you got a problem with this. Again,why can't I have an opinion like you. Total hypocrite. Also,what your telling me is that on a forum I am not allowed an opinion?? Really,you just cannot take it when people stand upto your views. What an idiot
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-04-25 18:38 ]
Phone?? What phone??
annafee
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 20:56
wow...this topic is getting really hot n intense...easy guys...
Everyone's got their own opinion and that's the reason forums are for.

As for my opnion, i'd absolutely go for the XS.
1. Design- personal preference though but it's got a fresh look and style.
2. Camera
3.Display
4. Built quality
5. UI (Again personal preference)
6. Processor Speed
7. many more

B4 anyone says anything abt it....hey it's my opinion. You got a prob..don't buy it as simple as that.

doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-25 23:09

On 2012-04-25 18:53:13, Bonovox wrote:

On 2012-04-25 11:56:08, doministry wrote:
And here we go with more Bonovox bull..shit.

SGS II is worse in every area, and it's proven.
The camera is worse and it's proven in comparisons.

Bonovox why don't you use your frustration somwhere else?
Why do you have to post false crap without any credit?

Guys please let's not feed the troll.

Erm,do you have to be so aggressive with your words. I,like others in here made my point of view. It was my opinion just like others. So,what is your problem?? I was giving my views to what he was asking. As for false crap & frustrations. Erm,not frustrated & it is YOU that says I speak false crap. I just said what I think. Why do you have an issue with that?? I think it's you with the problem stop having a pop at me just cos I don't agree with you And @Tigon,so what if I change my phone or avatar why have you got a problem with this. Again,why can't I have an opinion like you. Total hypocrite. Also,what your telling me is that on a forum I am not allowed an opinion?? Really,you just cannot take it when people stand upto your views. What an idiot
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-04-25 18:38 ]

You still don't get it and that's the problem.
You don't give opinions, you spread info which is false, spam-like.
And that's a different thing. Judgement is a different story than pretending that you display facts.
You can love or hate whatever you want and be happy with whatever you choose.
But why spreading false info which is just opposite to proven comparisons?
This is bullsh..t

And I'm very sensitive about it.
Also stop saying these idiotic things like "millions of users can't be wrong"
Well yes, they can, especially when they get it for free by "informed" salesman. You know the word "promotion"?
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2012-04-25 22:29 ]
a w a r e
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 23:26
Your wrong again. I was giving what I think is the better handset imo. So sick of everyone on here having a go at me just coz I don't like something or I have an opinion. Complete tossers on here lately don't know why I bothered coming back on. I am not spreading anything.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 23:32
Dude, please dont turn this into a flame war, not on Esato.

Bonovox does sometimes wind people up with his higher than average post count which sometimes arent entirely necessary sure but theres no rule saying he cant.

I also agree with most of his original post apart from the screen resolution. More is always better, but id still prefer the Super Amoled + of the SGS2.

Personally, aswel as many sites who have reviewed the Xperia S have said the same about the camera, its not a great 12mp unit. I think the SGS2, iPhone 4S and without a doubt my N8 all take better photos even though some of them have a lower megapixel count. Whether this is down to cheaper lower spec hardware (like much of the rest of the Xperia S) or due to heavy software interference on Sony's part im not sure. As of right now, the Xperia S takes good pictures but they're noisy and grainy compared to other flagships from this year and last, oh and 2010 N8 !
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 23:39
Like i said I just said what I thought I never started any arguments. I have not been around as much lately
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 23:46
I tell you what I ain't coming back on here anymore. People like you Doministry wind ME up. I have done nothing wrong & all people do is have a go at me cos I have an opinion. I am fed up with Esato lately I got more important things to worry about like getting my dad well again. So goodbye & thanks for being a twat
Phone?? What phone??
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-26 00:01
Hey peeps. Why the harshment? It's just a matter of opinions which we need to respect. We're here to share our experiences and to debate.
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-26 00:03
Bono, Don't let stupid people get to you. Everybody has right to an opinion that makes these forums interesting And as far as tha S2 and the XS are concerned, every review I have read says the S2 is the better one, unfortunately some people don't like that S2 all the way
[ This Message was edited by: rikken on 2012-04-25 23:04 ]
adsada
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-26 00:39
A lot of the people in this thread need to get laid or something, chill ouuuuuut! bono don't go in a wee sulk we know you're not gonna go anywhere! Also if you use the word 'coz' again I'm going give you a virtual slap, it doesn't help trying to make your point with chat speak

Just gonna put my view out there. The Xperia S is better IMO, the camera is amazing and definitely better than that of the SGS2, the photo's I've taken all come out very well. The other great thing about the camera is the speed at which it launches the app as well as the time between shots is null. The screen is superb (I am not a fan of unnatural amoled screens, I don't care what you say about viewing angles I'd rather not have my whites a shade of blue) so sharp and the interface is equally as nice.

The design is also unique and sleek, although it is not the thinnest of phones it holds great in the hand and feels premium.

People stating outdated hardware is really not a fair comment. Yes the S3 processor is not the latest however everything else is worthy of a 2012 phone. HD screen 12MP camera etc. Are you really missing out by having this processor? And anyway you can't call it outdated when the majority of handsets on sale have said processor. It just means it doesn't have the latest tech, but that doesn't always mean best. I could slag the HTC one X because of its lack of 12MP camera, "Oh it has an 8MP shooter, that's so outdated".

At the end of the day the OP should try both out in a shop and see which one is better for them, because just now all this thread is a fight between the owners of the SGS2 and the SXS and is hardly very informative.
[ This Message was edited by: adsada on 2012-04-25 23:42 ]
A-D-S-A-D-A
Xperia S
Long live the legacy of the Xperia arc
Long live the legacy of the K850i
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-26 01:26
Can people just get one thing straight here. I don't sulk something one or two people think. I am annoyed at people having a go at me for no reason. And yes I am going I was just reading replies. Had enough of this forum it's gone stale
Phone?? What phone??
xerox89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-26 07:58
I like hows those people keep stopping others from giving opinion while himself keep putting his personal preference on the top without any valid reason and backup points .

Well not worth to having debate with stone . will ignore from now on .

Anyway , looking forward for sgIII hayabusa and mint_I comming this year
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-04-26 08:06
On 2nd thought, rather wait for the Galaxy S3, its being announced next week (3rd May) and its release is said to be in around late May/Early June. That should easily end all this
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic