Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > So torn between Sony Xperia S and Galaxy S2

123  Next
Author So torn between Sony Xperia S and Galaxy S2
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 13:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Really don't know which one to get, I think the following:-

SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 ADVANTAGES

Fast, no lagging.
Good camera and Full HD Video
Good Screen
Light and Slim

SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 DISADVANTAGES

No Camera shutter button
Takes a few seconds inbetween shots
Autofocus starts 1 second into videos and not before you start taking the video.

SONY XPERIA S ADVANTAGES

Good Screen
Good Camera and Full HD Video
Dual Core Processor
Camera Shutter Button

SONY XPERIA S DISADVANTAGES

Yellow tint on the screen
Not that slim
Tempermental touch buttons above the transparent strip

Still so torn, don't know what to get, The yellow tint thing kind of puts me off the Xperia S as I wouldn't wanna mess around returning it or sending it off for repair and being without a phone.
[ This Message was edited by: northmonkey on 2012-04-24 12:05 ]
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 14:31
Feel and hands-on both phones (real working ones) and come up with your own conclusion?? Also, search on youtube for some reviews and hands-on????
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 14:37
Had both phones and imo the S2is the better one, light,fast,great camera,stunning screen,bluetooth 3.0, fast internet, memorycard slot, removable battery (there is a original samsung 2000 mah battery)
northmonkey
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 14:47
Thanks Rikken, I think even though the S3 comes out soon the S2 could still give new phones coming out in the next year or so a good battle would you agree?
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-24 15:35

On 2012-04-24 14:47:38, northmonkey wrote:
Thanks Rikken, I think even though the S3 comes out soon the S2 could still give new phones coming out in the next year or so a good battle would you agree?

No way. They don't play in the same league really.
a w a r e
xerox89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 18:39
From sg2 + xperia s user .

Xperia s is abit heavier but after i use play , that weight is actually ok and feel more solid in hand .

The lcd screen is great . sg2 amoled somehow like too dark and dim .

audio quality and volume is better on loudspeaker of xperia s .

NFC seem like start to roll out . I use my phone as entry pass for university library ( cool right ?) .

higher resolution screen and better look . Sg2 look is quite outdated now . Htc one s /x kinda nice also .

Better camera on xperia s . Accurate white balance and faster shutter speed and exmor R night picture .

HDMI sepeated output .

And now sg2 advantage . Removeable battery , lighter micro sd slot and mass storage mode ( xperia s have mtp mode only , don like it ) and also button easier to press .
rikken
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2012-04-24 23:28

On 2012-04-24 14:47:38, northmonkey wrote:

In a way. The S2 is already a year old but it is still among the best, infact Tecradar has it on top of their "20 best phones in the world today" list
ernesthelmer
Model not set
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-25 08:30
Simply pick for yourself Samsung Galaxy S2...Its the best smartphone in the samsung world today.
Though Sony Xperia S is a powerful device but i would prefer S2.
Tigon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 10:03
why is everyone so hypnotized by the galaxy s2, yes it is a good phone I've had a few since it came out but the xperia s is a better device. as I write this they are both next to me, as I play with both the xperia just feels better looks better screen is better camera is better UI is better, G2 UI in my opinion looks so childish just looking at both system icons the xperia ones look so nice compared to the g2 hdmi on the xperia with tv launcher is awesome. the music player on the xperia is amongst if not the best on an android device, keyboard with swype is better, front facing camera is better too be honest the xperia s performs better with gingerbread than many devices with ICS.

I also believe that in a few months the xperia s will get even better with ICS and future updates.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 10:40
The Touchwiz UI is not childish it's practical. The GS2 is still more advanced and faster than the Xperia S. The Sony has last years hardware. And so what if it has a HD screen. Unless you ain't got a tv why go you need a battery draining HD screen on a phone?? Xperia S 12 meg images does not mean it's better than 8 meg. The GS2 has an excellent camera with better details and less noise than the Xperia S. Yes the music player might sound better who cares. You cannot say something is better just coz it has higher mega pixels or screen res. It's just a matter of taste. You say you prefer in your opinion the Sony UI. That's your opinion as is peoples other taste with the GS2. Millions of GS2 buyers cannot be wrong. Micro SD support plus removable battery means alot to customers which is something Xperia S does not offer. You can buy the 2,000mAh extended battery for GS2 without making it much fatter. _________________
Material things don't matter,but Rock n Roll does!!!!
Spring has come, shoot it.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-04-25 09:50 ]
xerox89
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 11:17

On 2012-04-25 10:40:00, Bonovox wrote:
The Touchwiz UI is not childish it's practical. The GS2 is still more advanced and faster than the Xperia S. The Sony has last years hardware. And so what if it has a HD screen. Unless you ain't got a tv why go you need a battery draining HD screen on a phone?? Xperia S 12 meg images does not mean it's better than 8 meg. The GS2 has an excellent camera with better details and less noise than the Xperia S. Yes the music player might sound better who cares. You cannot say something is better just coz it has higher mega pixels or screen res. It's just a matter of taste. You say you prefer in your opinion the Sony UI. That's your opinion as is peoples other taste with the GS2. Millions of GS2 buyers cannot be wrong. Micro SD support plus removable battery means alot to customers which is something Xperia S does not offer. You can buy the 2,000mAh extended battery for GS2 without making it much fatter. _________________

Advance and faster in what way ?

The sg2 not using last year heardware ?

How bout having a HD screen while having same battery ?

12mp doesnt auto win 8mp but xperia s actually taking better photo .

I think music player is the main thing ppl choosing a phone you don care doesnt mean others dont .

This back to the 1st sentence , while talking about personal prefrence you then put alot personal opinion through your sentence . Talk about unremoveable battery and micro sd , million of iphone user cant be wrong ? this not how the way to backup ur point . " material things doesnt matter ?" again you put ur personal opinion inside it .
Tigon
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 11:44

On 2012-04-25 10:40:00, Bonovox wrote:

To be honest "your" opinion is not the criterion in this subject as you refuted my claims with "your" opinions, anyway I would love to discuss this further with you but I can't be bothered especially with someone who changes his avatar every other day sorry but stability counts in judgement making. oh yeah iPhone owners can't be wrong let everyone dump their phones since they are in the majority.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 11:52
I'd wait for the S3, its so close now its not worth going for an older device unless your budget cannot stretch that far without a contract.

Peoples opinions are all good but its personal preference that does matter. My personal preference would never be with the Xperia S, i simply hate how it looks and feels in the hand. Its very square and harsh to hold and feels like an actual brick. I prefer the smooth curves of the HTC One X, which imo is a much better device to hold. Anything so large with a large screen should have some curves to it in order for the phone to be comfortable to hold.

Of all the Xperia S phones ive tried also, ive heard a worrying creak from the section below the transparent strip as if it could quite easily snap off which im sure it could given enough pressure.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
doministry
Sony Xperia Z2
PM, WWW
Posted: 2012-04-25 11:56
And here we go with more Bonovox bull..shit.

SGS II is worse in every area, and it's proven.
The camera is worse and it's proven in comparisons.

Bonovox why don't you use your frustration somwhere else?
Why do you have to post false crap without any credit?

Guys please let's not feed the troll.
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2012-04-25 10:57 ]
a w a r e
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2012-04-25 12:47
I'd say forget the Xperia S, its a new flagship running an old OS,running on a weaker CPU/GPU than GS2, that alone should set alarm bells going.

Either get the GSII if you cant stretch the budget, it remains among the best smartphones, to this day if people want to compare Android to another platform they use the GS2, Galaxy Nexus or One X, it has Android4.0 already, its CPU/GPU still among the best,great camera, slim, incredibly fast and smooth.

If you want something new then look at:
HTC One X and One S, both come out the box with Android4.0 with the incredible HTC Sense4.0 UI.
The One X has a quad-core CPU and 4.7inch HD display while the cheaper One S has a 4.3inch qHD display with the newer Qualcomm Krait CPU (its the upgrade of the Xperia S's CPU).

Galaxy Nexus, the pure Google Android experience, timely updates, 4.65inch Super AMOLED HD display.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123  Next
Unlock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic