Esato

Forum > Manufacturer Discussion > Nokia > Nokia Releases A Video Teaser 808 PureView !

Previous  1234  Next
Author Nokia Releases A Video Teaser 808 PureView !
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-03-05 12:53
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@plank

i think its wrong to compare camera phones to real camera, but anyway can you received calls on real cameras? Playing hd games?

and oh many se fans are still keeping their camera phones even its a dumb phone (not smartphone ) then i dont see any problem with symbian btw its a smart phone its much better to keep a smart phone with a monster camera
[ This Message was edited by: exaflare23 on 2012-03-05 12:04 ]
"You don't need a reason to help people"
-Nokia N82 5.0MP Carl Zeiss Optics
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-03-05 17:09
still over-rated.

for £500 i get much better cell-phone (not camera-wise, but everything else)
(you get a brand new iphone 4S for this money, which is way way better phone)

the million dollar questions is anyway..................why didnt Nokia used the Windows OS (as in the Lumia models) ?????

i hope Nokia really have a Hugh "App-store" for this type of new symbian OS. (otherwise former Android-users will go back instantly)
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2012-03-05 16:28 ]
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-03-06 18:31
think this 808 pictures looks good, (a bit dark though....why i dont know)

.......but the thing is that c905, Arc S or which ever good cam phone manage this type of colour quality and sharpness................thought it would be way way greater.

[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2012-03-06 17:34 ]
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-03-07 03:51
@plank

i think the proper judging of images is either by cropping or zooming 100% thats why esato forum include that feature when you upload your images, i doubt if c905 and xperia s or any sony mobile to date that can produce same quality as 808 or n8.
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-03-07 09:23
mate......i know details will be awesome.............BUT, if the colour quality & sharpness isnt better then this why should you pay £500 for this bulky thing ???

(i thought pictures would looks soooooooooooo great, super sharp, etc, (but they didnt)

maybe this beta firmware gives them over dark......we have to wait and see.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2012-03-07 08:25 ]
exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-03-07 10:07

On 2012-03-07 09:23:34, plankgatan wrote:
mate......i know details will be awesome.............BUT, if the colour quality & sharpness isnt better then this why should you pay £500 for this bulky thing ???

(i thought pictures would looks soooooooooooo great, super sharp, etc, (but they didnt)

maybe this beta firmware gives them over dark......we have to wait and see.
[ This Message was edited by: plankgatan on 2012-03-07 08:25 ]

hhmm.. I think you have to compare it first before saying something or make a conclusion that other brands can produce much better colours right? it looks dark but what about other cameraphones in that same scene huh?

I dont have doubt on the newer 808pureview interms of colour reproduction its better than the old n8, and that old n8 produces the most narural and accurate colours that beats samsung pixon12 and a sony dedicated compact camera with exmor r sensor and until now even the sony xperia s with an exmor r cant match it interms of image quality

I can support my statement with a conparison image if someone wants to.
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
plankgatan
Apple iPhone 5S
PM
Posted: 2012-03-07 11:05
it has been soooooo many phones that has been promoted as the "the best" cam-phone of the year.............

and then after people bought it and used it for some months (reviews, etc) they realise that its good, but not "the best" cam-phone of the year.

sometimes new technology takes some years to develop so it works top-notch.

exaflare23
Nokia Lumia 510
PM
Posted: 2012-03-08 05:23
@plank

I suggest you try to read the science behind 808 pureview's camera on page 2 so you can fully understand its imaging capabilities, its something new that you wont find in any other brands especially youre favorite one
-My|Phone A878 Duo
My C901 Shots flickr
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2012-03-09 00:43
Plank you love your over saturated colours but it's not natural to real life what the eye sees. As for bulky so is the c905
Phone?? What phone??
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2012-03-16 12:09
Like I said, the camera and sensor (and all the other camera components, lenses, NDF, etc.) are impressive. I bet other manufacturers will pick up soon. But the OS kills everything. And that design...
the N9 looks way better. And so far I am satisfied with my S2 pic quality. And I have a DSLR, so I don't buy phones just because they have great cameras.
Symbian sucks!!! You can't deny that, it's already dead (it will recieve updates but that's about it). It died because it had no future.
Brand loyalty is a thing of the past for me. Now I buy what I consider good/best for me.

And yes it won the best gizmo award because of the revolutionary camera and not because it's some kind of a super good phone.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-03-17 23:52

On 2012-02-28 00:13:21, NightBlade wrote:
I despise Symbian with a passion, so any glimmer of consideration that I had about getting this phone vanished when I found out what OS it's running,

Please let it die.

Symbian is far better than Windows Phone in its current form. Windows Phone doesn't even have USB Mass Storage mode. It doesn't have hot-swappable MicroSD. It doesn't have bluetooth file transfers (Android doesn't have this either, not natively without additional apps anyway. Even dumbphones have this). It has like 1 screenshot app that needs a developer unlocked phone. It has no decent call-recording apps. It only recently got tethering support. It cannot support external bluetooth GPS receivers. It insists on storing all your data on Microsoft's servers, so you can be profiled more easily. It's so much worse than Symbian I don't know where to start.

Though for some people Windows Phone is worthwhile, easy to use and requires minimum hardware specs to avoid low memory disappointment. I just don't see how I can miss out on all the good stuff for a very controlling cloud-centric smartphone.

vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-03-18 00:42

On 2012-03-16 12:09:01, norbi_nw wrote:
But the OS kills everything. And that design...
the N9 looks way better.

To me, the N9 looks like an ugly uncomfortable block with harsh edges (and no removable battery). This looks far more comfortable to hold and use (and the hump is necessary apparently).

Symbian sucks!!! You can't deny that, it's already dead (it will recieve updates but that's about it). It died because it had no future.

It's dead because Nokia took too long to address usability and development ease concerns, made quality control an afterthought and lost a lot of market share, and now has Microsoft paying its bills in a 5-year agreement to support Windows Phone. Management sucked, quality control dropped, a replacement took too long to come out, iPhone gained traction, Android gained traction, Symbian Signed was intro'd years ago and sucked (and segmented the OS further), MeeGo and other cool developments took their time and then were dropped with the MS deal, improvements to Symbian that should have been made years ago were never made or made too slowly to keep up with the times, etc.

iOS and Android will see many of the same problems years from now, if they aren't already. A lot will be done to make things 'compatible' before doing stupid things and having some competition eat your lunch. Anyway, with that deal with Microsoft, they essentially have their hands tied now. Too bad for them.

Brand loyalty is a thing of the past for me. Now I buy what I consider good/best for me.

Nokia has certainly made plenty of phones that have disappointed their enthusiasts to make their previous brand loyalty worthless. N97 among many others selling now and that sold in the past. Bugs that are never fixed, shoddy firmware, etc.

And yes it won the best gizmo award because of the revolutionary camera and not because it's some kind of a super good phone.

Awards are just another way for the industry to promote their own products, just like the Grammys. Of course none of this should mean anything to anyone with a thinking mind and definitely does not mean it's the best phone for your uses.
[ This Message was edited by: vlotnet on 2012-03-17 23:46 ]
vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-03-18 00:48

On 2012-03-06 18:31:55, plankgatan wrote:

It's obvious these photos have been processed. Looks like some sort of ND filter has been used and the saturation and contrast seems to have been bumped up a bit.

Doesn't impress me in the slightest.
mlife
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2012-03-18 07:32

On 2012-03-18 00:48:11, vlotnet wrote:

On 2012-03-06 18:31:55, plankgatan wrote:

It's obvious these photos have been processed. Looks like some sort of ND filter has been used and the saturation and contrast seems to have been bumped up a bit.

Doesn't impress me in the slightest.

Not sure about the sat/cont being bumped but an ND filter could give that appearence.... not to mentiong that the N8 has on built in so why do you make is sound like its a bad thing.... I think the pictures are great.... I told myself *due to belle* that I would not buy another Nokia but I may just have to eat some crow on that after seeing some of the sample photos being put out..... just my .02 [addsig]
vlotnet
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2012-03-18 12:53

On 2012-03-18 07:32:37, mlife wrote:
Not sure about the sat/cont being bumped but an ND filter could give that appearence.... not to mentiong that the N8 has on built in so why do you make is sound like its a bad thing....

The pics themselves have some nice scenery, which always impresses people.

However, the colours are too saturated to me for 'pop' appeal, and it looks unnatural (as does the darkening of the sky). Plus many photos can be made to look impressive when downsized to web sizes, even from the most budget cameras in full daylight like it's seen here, so it really doesn't indicate anything special to me.

As usual, we'll really find out how it performs after enough people have bought it; I don't expect much more than Nokia PR from reviewers who get their review units free from the manufacturer themselves.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi