Esato

Forum > Information > Esato News Articles > Samsung world leader in smartphone sales. HTC tops US chart

Previous  12
Author Samsung world leader in smartphone sales. HTC tops US chart
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 17:22
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
www.gsmarena.com/idc_q3_repor[....]_in_smartphones_-news-3350.php
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 18:22
I hope HTC becomes a big hit in EU to
They are very popular I think they should have Samsungs
Rank, Samsung are a ok brand but there S2 isnt for everyone

Past experiences with a Tocca have put me of them!

They were amazing in the D600i days though
One of the best Camera phones
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 18:28
Trust me the Tocca is a long way off what the GS2 is. Samsung are a very different company now.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 18:32
Lol I will hold you to that

Btw you know my verdict on the S2 anyway
Its a manley phone whereas Sensation is a Girlies blouse
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-04 18:36
Hmmm the Sensation is more masculine though with it's thicker body and brown colour My white one is better feel than the black one. Battery life is good too but am awaiting the official Samsung 2,000mAh battery delivery. It only makes the phone 1.5mm thicker.
Phone?? What phone??
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-05 01:03
Well done Samsung. They deserve it. Ive witnessed their products grow from an unbiased point of view, from not liking their phones to thinking they're the best.

Nokia are redundant imo now
SE are underdogs with not much hope
LG are pointless
HTC are great but the poor mans Samsung
Apple are just old and ignorant to the change in the market

and the others ? where they deserve to be with RIM, insignificant smartphones for lesser geeks than us.

@ Miss UK - comparing a Tocco to a SGS2 is like comparing a Mazda mx5 to a Ferrari F40, both are built to look fast and stylish but only the Ferrari has any actual speed and high technology behind it. Time to give Samsung another chance ?
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-05 01:44
Yes,over the years I have had alot of Samsung phones(even a Tocco) & they have really come about in such a short time. I remember when they used to be a budget company in electronics now look at them. Even selling more TV sets than Sony let alone phones. I think it's also down to pricing cos with Samsung you get the same quality imo of Sony but cheaper. I would say now are not under dogs more like underground dead & buried. Only Sony left to build it back up again. Lets hope so. LG well they are the poor man's Samsung not HTC. As for RIM it's an aquired taste not for me. Nokia I still love them I just hope they pull it off with WP.
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2011-11-05 00:46 ]
Phone?? What phone??
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-05 03:09
The key thing is Android... software was never their strong point, but they have always had decent hardware... these days they have, suprisingly, got Touchwiz to a point where its able to compete with Sense... So when they take the piss and bring out something like the S2, that not only pisses on everything spec wise, but does it whilst being extremely thin and with a screen that has a proper wow factor... a package that epitomises bleeding edge...

I reckon Nokia will make something of WP7, their putting their hopes in it so have to make it work and a bit of Finish engineering and marketing goes a long way... Two very big brands...

HTC will no doubt continue to flourish with a combination of greats in hardware and software...
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2011-11-05 03:25
I had problems with batterys on my Ultra tocca II
it was a nice phone overall camera was great it really hacked me of after a yr when the
battery started playing up Vf gave me another phone as a uprade even though I was in 24mths with
the Tocca

htc are fairley new and I really like them
in there phones they use good quality whereas samsung are scrimping
htc sense is alot better samsungs s2 is one awkward layout lol

Apple u pay for the name as you did with nike yrs ago
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2011-11-05 23:53
Thats the first time ive ever seen anyone say they think HTC make better quality products than Samsung. HTC phones are known for their creaky casing, silly battery cover connectors for the radios and even gaps in the casing like the Desire HD. It also didnt have a HD screen which i find misleading.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2011-11-05 23:59

On 2011-11-05 03:25:52, Miss UK wrote:
in there phones they use good quality whereas samsung are scrimping

Samsung are scrimping?? You wanna hold the Samsung Wave 2 love it's the most solidly constructed handset I ever did hold. Solid metal & glass screen. Even the battery door opens like a car bonnet. As for the GS2 plastics it is light plastic but it's well built & does not creak.
Phone?? What phone??
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2011-11-06 00:58
That's a very 'once over lightly' news snippet from GSM Arena there. The type of soundbite that starts flamewars and is devoid of analysis or any sort of context. Samsung went up because they made the right phones at the right time; Apple went down because they delayed the release of the iPhone 4S and the interwebs were full of comments such as "I'd wait, there'll be a new model along very soon..."; Nokia sales fell because they are making the wrong phones at the wrong time.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Residentevil
P1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2011-11-06 04:58
HTC is doing really well here in the US especially with Sprint. They have a good selection of phones and are dukeing it out with Apple which just released the 4S and Samsung which just released the Galaxy 2. Unfortunately does not have a good presence here.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!
Free Tibet
razec
W800
PM
Posted: 2011-11-06 05:59
I think Bada handsets also contribute to Samsung's success in the smartphone market, there were more than 10 sammy models being sold now with that OS and they all have attractive price, the cheapest Bada phone; the Wave 525 for example is priced similarly with Nokia X3-02 and the ridiculously priced Txt while offering smartphone experience far superior to the aged nokia 5230 which is similarly priced as well. - i saw many people in my country owning such device
10 years at Esato
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi