Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Just turn phone off for updating and hold down the back key
Phone?? What phone??
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 17:08
Can you not copy all your files to pc then format then copy back afterwards??
Phone?? What phone??
brm170
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 17:32
i have just borrowed a 2gig sd card to put in instead of my 16gb so will save me the hassle

Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 18:16
To use SEUS you dont need a memory card in the phone. This is a seperate application than the pc companion.
Its only the pc companion that requests you to have a memory card inserted as you have to put the phone into file transfer mode for the pc companion to work properly.
Another thing that could cause your problem is that the phones drivers havent loaded properly onto your computer.
There is also a reset button on the phone which is located behind the rear cover. If I remember right its the small hole/button near the bottom left section by the product sticker.

Best thing to do is completely shut down the pc companion. Download the Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS). Turn off the phone and remove your sim and memory card (not compulsary but I do it as a precaution). Run SEUS (not pc companion) and follow the instructions on the screen.
Also make sure you've made a backup onto the memory card via the backup and restore application already on the phone before doing anything.
I tried sniffing coke once but didnt like it. The bubbles kept going up my nose
brm170
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 21:28
hello

sues has now been done and phone is updated to current software update, although even though i did the back up and restore it didnt save all my contacts and also in their current state (ie some of the names were different to what was saved), does the phone store numbers on the phone and if so how do i change it to save to sim??

am i right in thinking that to update to 2.1 i need to do this via p.c companion??

thanks
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 21:36
You should be able to do the update via SEUS & PC Companion. As for contacts did you not back them up with Google?? If you goto contacts you then press right soft key & a list of options pops up one of them is to import or export contacts.
Phone?? What phone??
brm170
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 21:53
hey bonovox, i used the back up and restore as tutorial suggested in the phone, i am slowly learning about this phone as so many different apps etc it can be confusing, and also what to download for use etc..
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 21:55
Ya learn alot of things on here Esato I did Your not having much luck with that phone are you?? Android can be confusing at first
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2010-11-07 20:57 ]
Phone?? What phone??
brm170
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 22:05
nah not having much luck at the moment but hopefully it will change, love the phone i must say even though its having issues lol
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-07 22:08
If you read this site more form the past year or so you would see it's normally myself with bad phone luck Love my x8 now though & no issues with it. Yet
Phone?? What phone??
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-08 00:00
To synchronise with your google account you first need to go to settings and scroll down to the synchronise data (or something similar. The name changes in the 2.1 update) setting and set that up. You can select to allow the phone to synchronise you contacts,calender and gmail account with the one you have registered with google. This way after updating all you need to do is resync and you get all your contacts etc back.
The Backup and Restore app on the phone saves a backup file to the memory card. It will only save contacts that arent synced with google. It will also save you settings for internet, alarms,messages,mms etc. After updating the phone and opening the backup and restore app you sometimes get told that there isnt any backups available. Just select Restore anyway and you will see your backup file. Select it and everything will load back fine.
Your contacts are then saved onto the phones memory. I think there is an option to save to the sim but i'm typing this on my mini atm so can't check for certain although you can load your contacts from the sim when setting the phone up the first time.
I found going straight to SEUS to be the quickest method to updae. Pc companion takes too long to prepare itself to do the download etc.
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-08 00:06
Just had a quick check. If you goto your phonebook. Press the options key there is an import/export option. You can copy to and from your sim card with it. I'm running v2.1 but i'm sure the option was present in 1.6 as well. 2.1 also gives you the option to save your contacts as a vcf file and bluetooth it over to your pc to save.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-11-08 00:18
I already have the back up app on the x8
Phone?? What phone??
Rookwise
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-11-08 00:22
Yeah. Its been on the minis since the 174 firmware a few months back.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi