Author No more updates for satio
atif_afzal
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-09 18:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
i was also mailed to SE and there reply comes

Dear Mr. Muhammad Atif Afzal,
Thank you for contacting Sony Ericsson Contact Center.
We thank you and appreciate your feedback about improvement in Sony Ericsson phone Satio performance. And we have forwarded your suggestions to the concerned department for future consideration

there reply will make a little hope that there is still have chances of new firmware
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-09 20:00
ok guys comment on bashitz link. Tell your opinion to SE, as they ar e"listening" to us whatever that means. So i want you to plz post the problems, bugs there too, so we keep that topic on TOP, and UPDATED. This is our LAST CHANCE!
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-10 03:08
I just took a bit of time to write this out on the SE forums. I encourage everyone to do the same, it appears this is our best form of communications directly to some people that decide our fate.

Jeff, thank you for getting back to us with some updates about our concerns but I honestly don't want to hear from you, I want to hear from the people responsible for our frustration. If what you say is true that 'people are reading these forums' and that 'they are paying attentions to our pleas' then I'd really appreciate a personal apology from the software team's project manager (or whoever else is responsible for this massive failure) for wasting my time and money.

I hope all of you Sony Ericsson employees understand that despite all of us loyal Sony and Sony Ericsson fans all across the world, darn well knowing that the Apple Iphone is a much better phone than anything that Sony Ericsson can crank out, we still chose to stick by your side, digging SE out of its financial woes, making sure that you guys still have your jobs but what do we get in return?

I'll tell you what we got:

-pitched tricked into a great marketing scheme
-bought the so called FLAGSHIP phone that could supposedly do so many wonderful things (now, when most car companies make a flagship vehicle, this is their chance to create a lasting brand image and to wow customers with innovative engineering, design and quality, AND YOU CALL SATIO A FLAGSHIP!?)
-a horrible first impression
-extremely inefficient & laggy user interface, a phone that freezed daily,( usually several times a day for me)
-laggy video recording with bad audio recording quality.
-weak aftermarket and application support (bad quality hand me down apps from Nokia phones)
-frustrating days, weeks, and months before a less than satisfactory update
-in which the update took away our availability to hack the phone to get the apps we want, yes people hack their phones so they can be happier with them, please get over yourselves and open your eyes to this fact because we're not just going to sit back and purchase your horrible and expensive applications.

Now we are here, today, still unsatisfied with our phones with no knowledge of any planned resolutions whatsover, hearing about rumors that there won't even be any updates for the Satio or if there are, there won't be much major function updates...Wouldn't this **** you off too?

You guys have no idea how much I backed up Sony and Sony Ericsson products, so many of my electronics are of Sony origin even though I was let down many times already. Is this the last straw? I think it is...I have had this phone since it was out so about 8 months already and I'm still not happy with it.

So:

1) why don't we get an apology from the software team? No, not customer relations team because we know you guys are great with apologies.

2) Why don't we get a press release or schedule telling us approximately when we could expect any function updates? (i.e. future updates: Sept 2010, increased functions in camera to provide quality pictures and efficient camera interface / Dec. 2010, increased battery efficiency along with efficiency of user interface, and **** maybe throw in a few free apps while you're at it, I think we deserve it by now).

3) Why not even offer a higher powered battery, maybe 1500? **** if I was the company and I had that many ****** off customers, I'd mail them one for free!

I don't know what is going on over there in Sony Ericsson Headquarters but I hope you understand that other companies like HTC are destroying your market share, before I would never even consider an HTC, My Touch, Nexus One, or Iphone but now? I am drooling over all of them. WHY? because you guys are NOT LISTENING.

And Jeff, if you personally go and read this letter to the software project manager in charge of the Satio, NOW THAT WOULD BE THE BEST CUSTOMER RELATIONS SERVICE I"VE EVER ENCOUNTERED, and I would personally call your superior and tell him/her about your SUPERB service to the mass SATIO market.

p.s. if you guys think that you only have a bad reputation with Satio owners, think again, you are currently experiencing the same issue with other phone owners like the Xperia X10 and even people that don't currently have Sony Ericsson phones are NOT suprised when I tell them of my issues. Basically, all of my friends know by now NOT to purchase SE again, if you guys value your jobs, you'll get this fixed. ASAP.

Thank You for patiently reading through my frustrated and borderline-rude post, if you were in my shoes Jeff...you would feel the exact same way.

[ This Message was edited by: Monaco on 2010-06-10 02:12 ]
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-10 16:03
monaco write that here too:
http://talk.sonyericsson.com/thread/1140
^^^^^^ this is the new topic we need to keep alive and be angry.
jibuti
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2010-06-12 14:39
Great post to them, Monaco....Shor...OK, long but excellent...
why jibuti? work all day like slave...
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-12 14:42
PEOPLE, WRITE YOUR "REVIEWS", OPPINIONS HERE: http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/2044#2044 you guys want a new software or not? just write all whats on your heart on that link, so they see we are alot of unhappy users. So far we are 3 on that topic. We need to show SE that there are more. Register and post plz!
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-06-12 20:20
@monaco. Not to be picky, but the statement 'if you guys value your jobs, you'll get this fixed', sounds like a threat. I wouldn't reply to your letter. You should re-write it. Short and sweet. Your 'letter', rambles.
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-14 04:03
^ Of course it is a threat, a threat from me? no...t's a reminder. If they don't start getting their act together, SE loses more and more profits, downsizes and cuts more jobs. Do you not understand how this all works!?
[ This Message was edited by: Monaco on 2010-06-14 03:16 ]
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-14 20:45
How much do you guys pay me to smash and film the smashing of my satio? need $ for the N8
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-06-14 21:00
@monaco. Of course i do. It put myself in SE's shoes. Reading your letter, it comes across as all knowing. Your saying nothing they don't already know. Way too long.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-06-14 23:11
Hey, if SE dont respect us, then we move on to others that do. Or even if not, at least deliver the full package that is promissed. I remember symbian^3 was promissed and entertainment unlimited. this is what bugs me. They where close to bankrupcy and all kind of shit like splitting up, and this is what they have learned? The answer should have been "yes there is an update for the Satio, we are working on it now, and we plan for few major changes" not "we dont know if it is, and we dont know when it is, and we dont know what it is"...
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-15 00:50

On 2010-06-14 21:00:00, jj03 wrote:
@monaco. Of course i do. It put myself in SE's shoes. Reading your letter, it comes across as all knowing. Your saying nothing they don't already know. Way too long.

If I put myself in SE's shoes I'd be in panic mode trying to think of a resolution to turn pi$$ed off customers into happy ones. You can do all you want to do, wait do you own a Satio? your peaceful protest is your method, I've tried many different methods with no resolution, you think consumers don't have a say in the market? please...
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-18 18:14
it is now june and they should put up an update by now, at the same time period between the march update and now, Nokia has put up two updates to the OVI maps and a big update on firmware for my friends 5230, which makes it run even better than the Satio....

Heck it seems the only way to force their hand is to bring them down, such as call in the tech media and blast them full frontal, make sure the X series ran in to walls as we expose their POOOOR software support...
[ This Message was edited by: jackau on 2010-06-18 17:15 ]
Satiovybz
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-21 23:05
So,it looks like the Satio may well be dead. I for one won't shed any tears.

Sony made what should have ben a great phone into a text book advert for everything that is bad about the way SE do business and treat thier customers.

I won't go over all the things that have been wrong with the Satio....its all been said befiore.

This was my first, and now my last SE phone, and encounter with Symbian.

Never, Ever, Again ...for either.

I've already "jumped ship" and got myself a HTC Desire. ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC PHONE!!!!

My Satio is now a "back up", pay as you go phone...albeit with a great camera.

Bye Bye Sony...if you continue doing business in this manner, you will go the same way as Betamazx video's; Cassette tapes, horse drawn carriages.............
Slashpepper
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-22 11:37
I'm personally not surprised support is petering out now, there's very few game breaking bugs that most users run into. The only one that annoys me is that the browser crashes quite often. It doesn't like ultimate-guitar.com at all.

Anyway, I don't think they've done that badly, it could really do with one more update, but I think we've done pretty well.

My girlfriend's got a Desire and she's having more problems with it than I am with my Satio, the number of dropped calls and bizarre behaviour is rediculous and she has lots of problems with the interface, always swearing at it and she's not exactly tech in-savvy (is that a word? In-savvy? Un-savvy? Hmmm.)

In general I really like Sony, their Symbian attempts are definitely below their usual quality but I wouldn't tarnish the rest of their business with it, my Sony mp3 player's a real triumph I think.

I just wanted to add a little bit of positive in here, my Satio's still a little buggy, but I really like it. I've had similar problems with most of my phones, SE or not. I think it's a result of the fast moving hardware industry leaving no time for increasingly complex software development. Annoying but I'm not surprised by it all.

Anyway, here's hoping for one final big patch...
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 121314  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic