Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > T68i and its mighty battery

Author T68i and its mighty battery
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-01-22 14:03
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
To Chinoz:

The official standy time [theoretical] maximum is 290 hours for T68 and 390 hours for T68i.
Bostein
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-12 05:29
When I first bought my t68i, it could last for a full week, but know after 13 month, it can only last for 4 days max. Have I mistreat that battery or what...??
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-02-13 15:08
To Bostein:

During those 4 days - how do you use your phone? How many calls, gprs, sms, games, bluetooth (etc)?
duo_m
T65 blue
PM
Posted: 2004-02-14 08:46
mine only lasts 3 1/2 days but i use it with an mca-10 and hpr-20 aside from sms/mms. i'm thinking of replacing the battery; the new one the main and the old, a reserve.
oh yeah does anybody know if the joystick counter in the esoteric classic t68i be reset?
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-02-14 08:52
Hej, yeap there is a way 2 reset it, sorry, donnow how. But its 4 sure, reg

This message was posted from a T610

borg_
Sony Xperia ZL
PM
Posted: 2004-03-31 21:41
My record with my old T68i, was 6 days, of non stop use 24h a day.

I miss this stand-by time, my t630 only stays 4 days
Xperia ZL White + C905 Ice Silver + MW600 + MBW-150 Executive + /// T39m Ericsson Technology
Jowi
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-03-31 23:43
2 days max

This message was posted from a T68i

Bostein
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-04-01 12:04
Quote:

On 2004-02-13 15:08:45, Aivar wrote:
To Bostein:

During those 4 days - how do you use your phone? How many calls, gprs, sms, games, bluetooth (etc)?

I don't use it to often, not so many calls, no gprs, no bluetooth (u must have think I miss the best parts of T68i ). But sometimes I do play games, and I'm a heavy smser. But those thing won't drain a lot of battery power..., is it?
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-04-01 12:55
To Bostein:

I don't know for sure, but one my firend says that sms-ing demands quite a lot of battery enegry. I have never before heard about it, so I can't say wether is it true or not.

But as I have experienced, when my T68i flashes red LED and I want to write e-mail or SMS, the battery dies pretty quickly. Even faster than I would use the phone for calling for the same time-period what would take for writing sms.

My T68i will be 2 years old in june and the AVERAGE standby time still more than 8,5 days.

Also I don't see yet any good looking SE phone I would like to buy next.
Bostein
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-04-02 09:05
@Aivar
Is that true? Well, if that's true, then it explain why my battery lifetime is worse. Or maybe your country have better GSM coverage than mine, so u don't use up your battery too much just to search for network.

Speaking about changing handset, I think I'm interested w/ Siemens M65. Some of my friends have proved that the "robust" kind of handset have better lifetime, dunno if this is true, I think better start a new thread for this .
Too bad that SE don't have this kind of phone because I'm having big problem with dust in my t68i (esp. around the joystick area) and I heard that t610 also have the same problem. Mine is getting old anyway...
Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2004-04-02 10:03
To Bostein:

Yes, my GSM-operator (EMT) as fine coverage here in Estonia. You can see it here: http://www.gsmworld.com/cgi/i[....]pl5?cou=ee&net=em&frame=middle

I'm sure this is one reason for long battery life.

About sms-ing and battery draining - it would be really interesting to know what are people think. (Not only owners of T68i)

PS. Bostein, please treat your ageing T68i with care and love
stewie
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2004-04-02 10:15
In the last few days i had to recharge my t68i almost twice a day. I've been surfing whole morning,5-7 hours approx and i had to recharge my batt every day when i came from school. But when i'm not using gprs so much i manage to get two days of battery life. Anyone else had to recharge batt every day?

This message was posted from a T68i

georgejason
P900
PM
Posted: 2004-04-02 10:24
@Aivar
What ur friend says is right, sms-ing does drain the battery. there are a few reasons for this
1. The backlight is always on when typing, so the battery drain is more. Yle u make r recieve calls, the backlight is on only for say 10 seconds or for how much long u had set it to be switched on.
2. If u have key sounds then that also takes some power to emit the sound, though this is negligible, this does drain the battery.

So ur friend is absolutely right bout sms-ing.

I use bluetooth always on and i send somewhere around 150 smses per day and the talk time is around half to one hour. the battery lasts till the night. I mean when i do a full charge early in the morning say around 7, it lasts me till 11 in the evening, the led doesnt flash red, but its dangerously low.

Thats my T68 and about my P900 its a different story altogether, i always use it as a gprs modem, and i charge it most of the time on the sync station itself. so will have to test it one day.
Begin at the beginning and end at the end.
For Indians
support and join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/se_india/
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2004-04-02 11:34
When i use my t68, not very often, i have to charge it every day. As written in the post before, the screen drains battery standby time in the first line.

This message was posted from a R520

Aivar
T68i
PM
Posted: 2005-05-31 12:47
I'm proud to wake up this old thread again. Today, on 31 May, three years ago I got my brand new T68i. I'm glad that it has served me well and it looks almost like new. During recent months the yes-key started to misbehave a bit, sometimes it needed to be pushed twice or three times to react. But now it works fine again.

Especially I'm happy about the phone's superb ability to use the battery very economically. Even after 3 years the average standby time is 8,5 days (over 200 hours). Recently, some weeks ago, the battery power lasted for a 10 days (240 hours).

And as I have said before, the standby record of my T68i is more than 11,5 days (over 278 hours).

During these 3 years I have almost always let the battery drain completly empty, before I have started to charge it. Only some few times I connected it to the charger when the phone was on. But even then the phone showed 0 minutes for a standby and talk-time.

Yes, I'm not a heavy user. Usually I have 15-30 minutes for talking, 0-5 minutes for gprs and 0-2 sms's during after charged period. But I carry my phone with me almost everywhere, it does not stay in one place only. By the way, once I talked nearly an hour and the phone still lasted ca 200 hours!

As I see no new good looking Sony Ericsson phone in the market nowadays, I hope that my T68i will continue serving me well. How many years, I don't know. Perhaps, if Sony Ericsson will make another good looking small phone with mighty battery and it handles
GSM 850/900/1800/1900 + WCDMA, I may consider to buy it. But how can I be able to leave my beloved T68i... It gonna be a hard heartbreaking choice...

Here is picture of my T68i, photographed today.

[ This Message was edited by: Aivar on 2005-05-31 11:56 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic