Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio VS N8-00

Previous  123 45 ... 91011  Next
Author Satio VS N8-00
boy.in.PINK
Xperia X10 Mini Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-04-30 16:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Pretty hot discussion over here! Wonder where the hell is the biased sealover94? I really guess that he'll choose the N8 because he simply hates . Kidding!

Anyway, N8 "may" definitely kick Satio's ass if Nokia did get it right. But I can say that the Satio is the best in his time (2009) even if he's too buggy and are not working at it.
"Tell me what you have and I'll tell you who you are."
K700>G502>N82>GT-S5360>U20i>Innos D9
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-04-30 18:28
http://www.youtube.com/watch?[....]dlTJc8&feature=player_embedded

This is one major feature in N8, WTH! Satio got that in the last (March) update.... and didn't the email page looks like the Satio one too...

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/pro[....]t_id=1272368&native_or_pdf=pdf

This show the N8 has NO camera protection and can't remove the battery at will.

By the look of this leak prototype quick start guide... I am pretty sure the bloody phone's hardware itself has been ready way back in Jan / FEB, it would launch to counter Satio but they pulled it because the software suck.

Now they have no choice but to announce it cause iphone HD leak and some one got hold of an N8 prototype and gave it a bad preview....
I guess the phone would be shipped in July if they see fit.

Yet i stress again, N8 and Satio is not very much different in the core hardware. They are not two generation of phones, just N8 is release later with a bit more window dressing media functions.
IT WAS SE who is restricting Satio's functions. It can do 720 video no problem, It should have had a 3.5mm jack, should have got a 1200+ battery.

IF by the time N8 is out and SE still has not fix the T9 input bug and give us half of the improvements on any given wish lists / bug fix list submitted to them since Satio release, I will be sure getting the N8 or any android offerings....
[ This Message was edited by: jackau on 2010-04-30 17:31 ]
wahehe15
C905 Gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-03 10:16
Reminder:
no hard feeling everyone
we are here to compare both phones

lets accept the reality
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-03 16:40

On 2010-04-29 21:38:43, Dups! wrote:
@jj03

I feel you're somewhat biased against SE, considering their past I kinda understand, but this SE has shown that it means business.

Sure, they still need to go at it at 100 percent but they certainly have proven that they are capable and willing.

Nokias before this N8 were below SE in hardware. What Nokia matched Satio and Vivaz before the N8?

I actually think Samsung nd HTC would be on top in hardware followed by this 'new' SE and Nokia at the bottom.

So, chances are quite good that the next 'Satio' will better the N8.

I'm definately NOT biased against se. After i left carphone, i went on to work for se for around 6 months. I have nothing but love for the company. Some of se's best phones have been a revelation. I want that company back. on topic...i'm not feeling the x10. dunno why. was quite close to purchasing the x10 sim free at one point, but further usage made me think against it...N8 sounds promising, although i cant dismiss samsung. If they make a omnia hd2, they will get my business...for sure.
[ This Message was edited by: jj03 on 2010-05-03 15:46 ]
myomyo2
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 09:58
Early time, I like and want very much Satio. But now, I think that N8 is better than Satio everything. So, I try to buy Nokia N8.
wahehe15
C905 Gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 13:52
for now n8 is greater than satio but SE won't let that pass, they will surely create something better
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-04 19:59
For now Satio still better than any Nokia device.
N8 isn't out and it's OS is in development...
is a lifestyle!
myomyo2
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-04 20:43

On 2010-05-04 19:59:46, Luhccas-U1a wrote:

Hi Luhccas
Sorry for my poor english. I also like, love sony ericsson. But this N8's hardware is better than Satio. It's true. We are accept. I hope that later SE is create better than N8.
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-04 21:55

On 2010-05-04 20:43:49, myomyo2 wrote:
Hi Luhccas
Sorry for my poor english. I also like, love sony ericsson. But this N8's hardware is better than Satio. It's true. We are accept. I hope that later SE is create better than N8.

I said FOR NOW,N8 isn't out yet...
is a lifestyle!
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-05-05 04:20
sided w/ Luhccas
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 16:27

Sorry, pal. I guess you havenīt been testing Nokia phones for a long time. Apart from the camera, even a mid range Nokia 5800 with latest firmware feels much better than the Satio in all aspects. Tons of apps to play with (strangely enough, much more than Satioīs offering, despite the fact that they are both S60v5), FREE Ovi Maps worldwide voice guided navigation, Kinetic Scrolling, 1 year of music downloads included... Not to mention design solutions. Have you ever heard the sound quality that comes from its stereo speaker system? Itīs absolutely fabulous and ridiculously better than Satioīs one! Not to mention the 3.5mm jack for plugging in any kind of headsets.

You said something about Nokiaīs support being worse than SEīs in Brazil. Go check your sources better before posting such a biased view again. SE is the Brazilianīs champion of complaints among all local cell phone vendors within PROCON.

Link to prove that, from 12/03/10: http://www.sidneyrezende.com/[....]amacoes+do+procon+de+sao+paulo (São Paulo, Brazilianīs biggest market).

Even if both numbers were similar, Nokia sells much more handsets than SE, so it would be much more fair to compare relative rather than absolute numbers.

Iīve had a Satio and I could not resist selling it. Besides having to deal with frequent OS freezing issues, its camera suffers from a lot of compression, severe highlight clipping, lack of contrast and some intense corner softness through the lens. Still better than the C905 when it comes to color rep, but worse than a mid range C901 everywhere else (appart the bigger res), which apparently has a camera module made by Samsung.

Talking about that, now I own both a Nokia XM 5800 and a Samsung Pixon12.

The Samsung performs much better than the Satio in still picture performance, delivering better results in every aspect. Better flare performance, better low contrast performance, almost 2x better flash performance, more detailed overall pics, Manual ISO, including ISO 50, Manual Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness... Pretty effective Program Modes. I can provide tons of comparison pics to prove that if you please.

The new Nokia shows a lot of potential. I Hope Nokia wonīt screw it all up this time. Iīve read some comments that the man in charge of its development has made in the dpreview and they seem to be developing it in a mature way, walking a bit away from previous approaches and trying to provide more realistic results rather than punchy ones.
[ This Message was edited by: Vit on 2010-05-08 16:06 ]
Every Picture Tells a Story
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 17:38

NO. SORRY. Unless we're talking about Camera,the NOKIA N900 makes mince meat of a Satio in every other way, but the Camera.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Luhccas-U1a
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-08 17:39

On 2010-05-08 16:27:23, Vit wrote:

Sorry, pal. I guess you havenīt been testing Nokia phones for a long time.

Sorry dude,i've sell a 5800,5530,n97 mini and N97 before gets the Satio...
And i work since march on Tim Brasil representing Nokia phones on corporate sector.

Apart from the camera, even a mid range Nokia 5800 with latest firmware feels much better than the Satio in all aspects. Tons of apps to play with (strangely enough, much more than Satioīs offering, despite the fact that they are both S60v5), FREE Ovi Maps worldwide voice guided navigation, Kinetic Scrolling, 1 year of music downloads included...

I guess now you haven't been testing Satio lately... Who told you we can't install OVI maps?And who need it when we have Sygic,Ndrive,Garmin,Google maps?I think you like the brand and just this...
And we have problems only with polarbit games who don't have an proper API to other brands.
Free 1 year of music?
I "have" (and all person with internet) this since 1999 !What's the point here?

You said something about Nokiaīs support being worse than SEīs in Brazil. Go check your sources better before posting such a biased view again. SE is the Brazilianīs champion of complaints among all local cell phone vendors within PROCON.

Look with your own eyes...
#1 - Nokia
#2 - Motorola
#3 - Samsung
#4 -
Who sells more phones here?Who always search a way to put the guilt on user?
Why all problems with Nokia phones are related to oxidation and BAD USE FROM OWNER?WTFH of service center is this?
Can you ask them where's the oxidation on my mother's 5610?I'm technician since 2004 and faulty slider flat cable isn't oxidation... I've fixed the phone with my own hands,Nokia service center even tried...
And this carelessness we can attribute to 5530 and it's loose battery,6710 and the units with problem on card reader(a lot to be exactly),5800xm and display/loudspeaker problems,N97(all the phone is a fault),etc,etc,etc...
Nokia's service center will always find a way to put the guilt on user.And this happen with all big brand here in Brazil...
The question here is proportion.
More sales,more problems.

Iīve had a Satio and I could not resist selling it. The camera suffers from a lot of compression, severe highlight clipping, lack of contrast and some intense corner softness through the lens. Still better than the C905 when it comes to color rep, but worse than a mid range C901, which apparently has a camera module made by Samsung.

Read more about C901 camera module...

Talking about that, now I own both a Nokia XM 5800 a Samsung Pixon12.

The Samsung performs much better than the Satio in still picture performance, delivering better results in every aspect. Better flare performance, better low contrast performance, more detailed overall pics, Manual ISO, including ISO 50, Manual Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness... Pretty effective Program Modes. I can provide tons of comparison pics to prove that if you please.

We don't need a "brazilian Sassho" dude
Don't waste your time because me and 80% of Satio owners bought the phone due it's features... The camera is a "plus" in the package.

The new Nokia shows a lot of potential. I Hope Nokia wonīt screw it all up this time. Iīve read some comments that the man in charge of its development has made in the dpreview and they seem to be developing it in a mature way, walking a bit away from previous approaches and trying to provide more realistic results rather than punchy ones.

Well... What can i say about 5800 potential?It have potential to play music,watch videos,use 2 or 3 apps at the same time(lagging),play simple games,play with CFW and lot of other things from "Nokia Wonderland"... I always want more.
5800 is nothing against Satio.
And all S60V5 from Nokia too...
Let's see what N8 can do for you and nokia lovers.
Cheers!
is a lifestyle!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 18:34
Strange,ive got 5apps running at the same time.
Gravity -constantly updating Tweets and FB.
UCWeb7 -4windows open
NOKIA Messaging -Push email,constantly online
VideoHUB -Downloading some YouTube vids
And AAS App reading some blogs.
Yet no slowdown on my 5800.
Software wise after playing with a Satio in store it reminds me of the earlier firmwares of 5800:
Lacks kinetic scrolling making it a bit of a pain especialy when you have a long list, or many apps in a folder.
The Satio web browser is the older s60 browser so its just not that user friendly,painfuly slow compared to 5800s v7.2 browser in v50.
With Satio you have to hack or sign to get NOKIA Apps, i can just simply boot Ovi Store on my 5800, and either get a free app or pay, hardly ever have to sign apps, so i was fine with losing the hack.
For GPS all that Sygic, Garmin, Google etc... Is available for NOKIA S60v5s as well, but we dont need it as Ovi Maps3.03 is built-in, Syncs with our Ovi Accounts etc...its just brilliant
The Satio destroys every S60v5 Nokia in hardware yes but whats the point when the software isnt as good? The 5800 destroys a Satio in software,and battery life,and lets not forget how much support NOKIA gives it. They even update specific apps seperately with the SW Update app, its excellent.
Anyway back to the topic, the N8 will obviously be better than Satio,its newer.
I love the little extras N8 comes with like USB On-The-Go, the X10 doesnt even have that, the 5bands of 3G/HSDPA as well, its going to be a lot easier for NOKIA to update all the regions quicker as all will have the same model type, will SE do the same in the Satio successor?
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2010-05-08 20:18
I hope N8 will your trump card to comeback fighting against us with bugs-free from earlier development of ^3

Cuz, my sense tell they can make it well this time like 5800 hit session

you said only with 5 simple apps but I understand as Luhccas mean to some RAM eater apps

and Yes, another definitely for 5xxx touch era is all rubbish build quality
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic