Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Satio VS N8-00

Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Author Satio VS N8-00
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 18:11
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
"A 5800 is priced @ R$ 1000 @ Nokia´s own site, contract free. I got mine for R$ 900, @ fastshop.com.br. That´s clearly half the price of a Satio. And that means that its camera is a HIGHLY EXPENSIVE PLUS. "

very well said, no, extremely well!! So i expect a decent driver for this phone, and SE should deliver it to us if they want to keep the fans. Not this sh!t that we got, making 9mpx pictures ~3mb... WTF! FFS we have space, so i dont mind 4-5MB.
http://norbinw.blogspot.com
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 18:37
NOKIA indeed destroy SE at services. Just recently set up my OviMail account and activated OviFiles which gives you 10GB of storage, and you can access it from any phone or PC, and also OviSync which ive set up to automaticaly back up/sync my Calender, Contacts and Notes daily from my 5800, it syncs them with my Ovi account. And then there's the Ovi topApps app/widget which in forms you of new apps, app reviews, top downloaded apps etc...and you can set it up to refresh daily,hourly etc... Its just fantastic, and Nokia Messaging app with HTML and Push Email support.
OviMaps also just got ANOTHER update to 3.04 ,to improve an already excellent GPS app that is free.
As a 5800xm (mid-range phone) user im feeling more spoilt and taken care of than a Satio (high end phone) user who are now doing petitions as they just seem to be getting ignored and not getting the support they deserve.
The N8 is going to be very well supported as well, theres just no way the Satio will keep up.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11ā€¯ 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 19:23

On 2010-05-21 18:37:11, Tsepz_GP wrote:
NOKIA indeed destroy SE at services. Just recently set up my OviMail account and activated OviFiles which gives you 10GB of storage, and you can access it from any phone or PC, and also OviSync which ive set up to automaticaly back up/sync my Calender, Contacts and Notes daily from my 5800, it syncs them with my Ovi account. And then there's the Ovi topApps app/widget which in forms you of new apps, app reviews, top downloaded apps etc...and you can set it up to refresh daily,hourly etc... Its just fantastic, and Nokia Messaging app with HTML and Push Email support.
OviMaps also just got ANOTHER update to 3.04 ,to improve an already excellent GPS app that is free.
As a 5800xm (mid-range phone) user im feeling more spoilt and taken care of than a Satio (high end phone) user who are now doing petitions as they just seem to be getting ignored and not getting the support they deserve.
The N8 is going to be very well supported as well, theres just no way the Satio will keep up.

I feel relieved by reading that.

It´s really hard to write bad things about SE here at esato.com. I know that.

Many users get angry by reading those.

What they forget, though, is that I was a happy SE owner. I have tried by my own means to improve some of those devices. My complaints are not biased.

They also forget that if I am still here is to try to make things better, not directly for SE, but for us buyers. If SE´s guys read our compliments, they also read our complaints, and those should provide them with more weapons of choice. Criticism is not always intended to destroy. Nobody wants to see Nokia´s or whichever else´s monopoly over the cellphone market.

It´s really hard seeing a small fortune being spent on devices that get out-of-date on an year basis and feel that they´re only a fraction of the devices they could be.

C´mon! Almost all of you remember the impact of the launch of devices like the k800. That particular model was a punch on other manufacturers´ faces. What about now? SE still thinks that making good phones is hanging on to sheer HW quality. Those days are over, and even their HW pieces are not that revolutionary anymore.

Please, do not get me wrong here.

I was excited abouth this N8 launching, but the lack of a lens cover makes me think twice. What about that for a complaint? Nonetheless, I guess that its price tag might throw it in the market in a very good position to be left over by its potential buyers.
[ This Message was edited by: Vit on 2010-05-21 19:12 ]
Every Picture Tells a Story
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 22:03
I also look at things that way.. I am here because i enjoy SE community, but it has been a long time since i enjoyed a SE phone.. It was back when i had my K810, even then i was miserable because K800 was better at pictures, K810 had a "fog" or "courtain" on the pictures.. Post processing was ruined, it died out with the K750 era. That was SE's first and last phone i fell in love with. I could produce such gorgeous pictures with that phone... But it was slow... K810 picked up at speed, but lacked quality. Thank God for modded camera driver, and i was happy again. Then when i sold it and got a G900, and saw how many buges there are, and how slow that phone was, thats when the SE fanboy died in me. And now this Satio.. So far video hangs sometimes @ recording (same problem in Vivaz too, its driving my dad nuts.. and its a common problem, google it), and camera stinks. All we get is a bigger picture, no quality.. i prefere less megapixel with good quality. I am not a nokia fanboy eighter, always hated nokia for the complicated menu and all, and here i am owning a Satio with same menu.. This is the first nokia i like (specs and design too) but the lack of camera cover makes me think twice. I think i would have been more happy with an X10.. It is getting nice upgrades soon, and it is fast, and will be faster. Symbian will end up like UIQ.
And since i payed premium price for a satio, i have some standards, i expect it to be top notch. But it isnt better than a 5800.. As it seems i payed for picture size in megapixel and not for quality. Whats the use of having a 600mhz processor if you cant use it for anything?.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 15:22
The lack of a camera lens cover isnt such a big deal if you look after the phone correctly.

Ive had several Nokia phones with no camera cover, and they've never once had any problems with the lens. It doesnt put me off buying a phone anymore.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 20:21
@ vit. i think you'll find it was the k750i that really landed a stinging uppercut to other manufacturer's. for me, the t68i was way ahead of its time. its what drew me to se.
norbi_nw
Samsung Galaxy S II
PM
Posted: 2010-05-23 22:09
and dont forget the magical, and sexy T610.. it was a beautiful phone. It was faster than the siemens mx5, but couldnt magage to record videos :/ because of poor software (tests show it way faster than siemens).
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-26 20:44
^^^ i don't know about sexy. . The day i get a semi on for a phone, is gonna be a pretty f***in sad day indeed. Lol.
zide
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-05-27 03:55
Nokia pwns SE in every aspect.
See my photos taken with the C902, Satio or E72 in here!
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-27 19:57
Please dont say "pwns" or "pwned" lol !

Personally i do prefer Nokia to SE nowadays.
sblantipodi
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-05-28 11:06
N8 is a Symbian^3 phone, how can you compare it to Satio?
Download FPC Bench a good benchmark/system info for your phone.
Download Pocket Inclinometer for your phone's accelerometer.
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-28 15:15
Similare specs, similar camera.

The N8 will be much better than the Satio, i dont think anyone can doubt that.
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-06 15:30

On 2010-05-28 11:06:53, sblantipodi wrote:
N8 is a Symbian^3 phone, how can you compare it to Satio?

Like i have stated time after time, Satio was demonstrated on the now abandoned Symbian ^2, it has a CPU roughly 10% more powerful than the one installed on N8!!!!!

Satio can run everything N8 can! Off course we can compare both phones!!!
m1l4d
Satio Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-06-06 16:12
Satio can not beat N8 that's for sure. But it has the potential to compete, but with this crap software of , it's not even getting near to N8.
I hate !!
Raafat
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-06-07 10:45
They both run Symbian, regardless of version they both share the same sluggish Avkon UI that is the major downfall of Symbian. Symbian^3 is not much of an improvement opposed to Symbian^1. More importantly, the quality of apps that are produced for the Symbian platform are mediocre at best and this is why I don't think any of the two phones will ever have a chance of competing with the upcoming phones. I can only name three symbian apps that are great: Opera Mobile 10, Ndrive and Gravity, the rest are sluggish and require the user to adjust themselves to work with the program opposed to the program working around the user. For example, push notifications is not implemented in any of the common apps and requires the user to check the app every hour for updates. The keyboard layout is also not ergonomic, i.e the keyboard does not slide out and simply covers the whole screen, making it hard to read any of the text. The list goes on and on but I will stop here.

In conclusion the Satio and the N8 both have strengths, the N8 being slightly stronger, but I firmly believe that the OS will be the reason why the N8 won't be as popular as other phones regardless of the phones specs.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic