Previous  123 ... 8 91011  Next
Author Satio VS N8-00
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 06:00
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n8_camera-review-476.php

if the camera is really as good as this Nokia guy claims, then Satio's days are numbered!!!

The only way to save Satio is to port Vivaz stuff over, including 720P video and dynamic wallpaper, faster response, address all big fat bugs that other nonsmart phones doesn't have..

ON the post being named VS

Sorry, N8 and Satio is the SAME generation of phones.

in fact Satio's hardware, its CPU is on paper BETTER than N8. (Satio is AX8, N8 is AR11, former is in theory 20% better at the same clock speed !)
They both run on Symbian foundation developed OS!
They both have 12 mpx camera module, off course they can be compared head to head.

If SE is good with software, Satio actually should run faster than N8, its camera feature should be on par with N8 and has records 720P video with no issue.
[ This Message was edited by: jackau on 2010-05-20 05:08 ]
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 06:42
Satio is running on Symbian OS 9.4 with s60v5 UI while N8 is running on Symbian ^3, a major upgrade from OS 9.4 that's why N8 is more powerful than Satio.

Satio Main Disadvantage:

* Xenon flash is not adequately powerful
* The S60 5th edition UI isn't to the best in class standards
* No 3.5mm audio jack or a standard USB port
* No DivX or XviD support out-of-the-box
* No smart or voice dialing
* Playing flash videos in the browser easily depletes the available RAM
* No office document editing (without a paid upgrade)
* No stereo speakers
* No digital compass (magnetometer)

All bold fonts are the very bad issues on Satio

Add:

No kinetic scrolling
[ This Message was edited by: pao9195 on 2010-05-20 05:45 ]
Devices: Sony Ericsson k770i and Samsung Wave S8500
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 07:03

On 2010-05-20 06:42:50, pao9195 wrote:
Satio is running on Symbian OS 9.4 with s60v5 UI while N8 is running on Symbian ^3, a major upgrade from OS 9.4 that's why N8 is more powerful than Satio.

Satio Main Disadvantage:

* Xenon flash is not adequately powerful
* The S60 5th edition UI isn't to the best in class standards
* No 3.5mm audio jack or a standard USB port
* No office document editing (without a paid upgrade)
* No stereo speakers
* No digital compass (magnetometer)

All bold fonts are the very bad issues on Satio

Add:

No kinetic scrolling
[ This Message was edited by: pao9195 on 2010-05-20 05:45 ]

* Xenon flash is not adequately powerful True and the timing is not right. They can fix the latter
* The S60 5th edition UI isn't to the best in class standards They should be able to upgrade the entire thing to ^3 based version, If they decided to continue to develop for symbian, they should have ^3 based OS in development, and there is nothing wrong releasing them to Satio, the hardware is more than enough to run it.
All these are software issue, can be fix by update or upgrade OS.
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 08:12
afaik OS is not upgradable only firmware can be upgrade via Update Service
etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 10:07
The one thing that i NEVER consider when buying a phone is how fast its processor is. People bang on about 1Ghz snapdragons, 600mhz blah blah blah processors etc.

Its all nonesense. Ive never once felt that the speed of the processor in any of my phones has directly affected me how i use it. Phones arent as dependent on CPU speed as a desktop computer. To me, CPU speed is relatively unimportant as long as the phone is quick to use and responsive, which tends to depend more on the OS used and the amount of RAM available.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Cyborg_a0
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 11:23

On 2010-05-20 08:12:00, pao9195 wrote:
afaik OS is not upgradable only firmware can be upgrade via Update Service

from what i had read in this thread satio has open OS, it's os is upgradable, pretty bad to hear though cause they see that nokia is releasing symbian^3 so they want it too.

haha mga inggitero
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 12:46
nice one cyborg the question is,is it possible to upgrade OS running on ph0ne? It is impossible and it seems has no originality,because Satio's end users requesting to upgrade their OS to symbian ^3 w/c is impossible
Cyborg_a0
C510 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 13:08
This the one i'm talking about

On 2010-04-28 18:19:02, norbi_nw wrote:
It was promised that the Satio will be between first Open Souce symbians... So i expect an OS upgrade, but i doubt SE will let us have it. There is so much juice left in the Satio, and SE is not using it :/
The Satio microphone is a big piece of crap.. nothing compared to C905.. (video recording). Not to mention the media player... total failure (well if not total, major).
So i wait for a proper OS upgrade.

etaab
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 13:39
SE give the Satio Symbian 3 ?

You've no chance ! SE are hard enough to get any small update out of, never mind a complete OS update. I doubt it would be even possible. Im sure theres some hardware limitations of the Satio which would make it not possible.
Check me out on Instagram ! search for etaab !
Raafat
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 16:07

On 2010-05-20 13:39:46, etaab wrote:
SE give the Satio Symbian 3 ?

You've no chance ! SE are hard enough to get any small update out of, never mind a complete OS update. I doubt it would be even possible. Im sure theres some hardware limitations of the Satio which would make it not possible.

It's a shame that the Satio will probably not get Symbian^3, even though it is more than capable of running it. The thing that annoys me is the x10 will be upgraded to Android 2.1 but the Satio or Vivaz won't get Symbian^3, even though Symbian^3 is easier to port than Android 2.1 as it has less changes.
jj03
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-20 17:38
satio Will not get symbian 3. Period.
wahehe15
C905 Gold
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 02:09
My classmate has a satio and I have a c905, the c905's camera is better.
Satio's camera cannot be improved until it is modified.

Maybe we can start comparing the Satio and N8 after Nokia releases N8.
Because until now we only have theories about the N8.

Pls. avoid flamming
pao9195
K770 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 04:44
To all Satio users:

Lets accept the reality. Please accept that Satio have full of bugs and we hope that it will be fixed by firmware updates but upgrading OS on Satio is impossible and Satio cannot beat Nokia N8 although it is not yet release

If we can try to compare Satio to Nokia N97 or Nokia N900 i think it cant beat by Satio too. Symbian OS is Nokia's expertise.

A good competition between and Nokia i think is Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and Nokia N8 (Android vs. Symbian ^3)
jackau
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 07:25

On 2010-05-21 04:44:16, pao9195 wrote:
To all Satio users:

Lets accept the reality. Please accept that Satio have full of bugs and we hope that it will be fixed by firmware updates but upgrading OS on Satio is impossible and Satio cannot beat Nokia N8 although it is not yet release

A good competition between and Nokia i think is Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 and Nokia N8 (Android vs. Symbian ^3)

The X10 does not have Xenon

Nokia's N86 was not considered a serious camera phone by a sizable group thanks to the lack of xenon even it has some good camera lense freatures in build.

Therefore only phones with Xenon can level up (do a VS) with eachother, therefore the ONLY other xenon equipted smartphone people can buy today is that Motorola X70?, the china version has a 5mpx module and the international one is to have an 8 mega pixel module. It runs on Android So that makes the only andriod camera phone.
Samsung may put something crazy that runs Android out before iphone or N8 shows up.... So in the mean time, the ONLY xenon touch screen smart phone known are as follows:
Satio
N8
Moto X701 / X70? variant
[ This Message was edited by: jackau on 2010-05-21 06:27 ]
Vit
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-05-21 17:54

On 2010-05-17 20:25:19, Luhccas-U1a wrote:

On 2010-05-16 18:43:14, Vit wrote:
Just a few things and corrections about your reply:

I have tested my Satio up to the latest firmare, and it still had several bugs. I´ve tried it all. Several hard resets and it still was quite buggy. I´ve tested it to its limits, and I still think that a XM 5800 is a better overall phone with its latest firmware and all the included services it has got. It´s at least as much responsive as a Satio, at least as mine was, with all their HW differences.

Well,it can be better than your buggy old unity Satio.I had booth at the same time and Satio always was more stable,faster and useful to me.
5800 was a good music player and just this,nothing more.

So the Satio´s camera is simply a "plus"? That´s a pretty laughable sentence. A very expensive plus, don´t you think? At the time the Satio was launched, it costed twice the price of a XM 5800 in the UK, for instance. With the difference you could buy a pretty good dedicated camera.

Here in Brazil the price when i bought 5800 was around 1399~1199(R$),Satio was 1599... I think this isn't the half price,right?Well,the camera isn't just a plus,is A PLUS of xenon unity,who is quite expensive in every mobile phone who have this.
Who tell you that i don't have an dedicated camera?I have Satio to use as a phone... The camera is the "plus" that i said before.

. Your assumption of my ´extasy´ about owning a 5800 is purely an empty assumption. You´ve wrote that there were no Nokia phones to be faced against the Satio. So it´s licit to state that here I am facing my ´extasy´ of owning a 5800 against yours of having a Satio? C´mon, that´s a childish kind of comment.

Isn't YOUR ecstasy,is the ecstasy of other owners who complain about a thing who they don't have or even tested... I quoted your position about what's legal or not.This was the worst example of childishness and mockery i've seen so far
But,what can i expect from a person who says that every download from internet(music) is illegal?
Doesn't matter if i agree with you or not.You'll ever try to make your point right...
Like when you said 2.8/5.6 was focal aperture on N82...

Regarding any other kind of assumption you may have about my behaviour or about my intention here, you may well have them. Nonetheless, they will always be your assumptions.

You did the same thing man... When you have questioned my conduct about legal content on my device automatically make room to be contested in the same way...
And yes,for now i prefer Satio over all Nokia on the planet... Because owning the Satio,iPhone 3GS and a Blackberry Bold 9700 now,what Nokia can offer me better?
Your point here is just contest,nothing more.You don't proof nothing.
[ This Message was edited by: Luhccas-U1a on 2010-05-17 19:37 ]

More corrections:

I have clearly questioned your moral conduct here because you seemed to use your supposed cleverness of doing some clear illegal stuff to justify your phone´s superiority, or to justify the mediocrity of Nokia´s services as that of Comes With Music. THAT´S A FACT.

You have a biased view regarding these phones´ price tags, pal. You certainly are not comparing contract free prices.

The price of Satio in Brazil was R$ 2000 and it still is priced at roughly that price tag, perhaps 1900. R$ 1600 was certainly due to your carrier´s discount.

A 5800 is priced @ R$ 1000 @ Nokia´s own site, contract free. I got mine for R$ 900, @ fastshop.com.br. That´s clearly half the price of a Satio. And that means that its camera is a HIGHLY EXPENSIVE PLUS.

For you both the Ovi/Nokia maps and the Comes With Music services may be free, but they certainly are not free for Nokia, which include all related costs in their devices´ retail prices. It´s this particular detail that you don´t seem to take into account. Service wise Nokia smashes SE. That´s a FACT. Sorry if you don´t see that.

My assumption was only to remind you that all that stuff you count as an advantage in your Satio (all those GPS apps) come @ a hefty extra price, whereas the Nokia Maps, which, to my eyes, is among the best GPS apps available, is totally and legally free of charge for Nokia phones, as it´s the CWM service.

Besides that, I again have to feel sorry if you think I am being childish by stating that downloading copyrighted material over the net is ILLEGAL. That´s indeed ILLEGAL. And THAT´S A FACT. Sorry about your narrowed vision of things, pal.

You get angry WAY TOO easily, and try to deffend your point of view based on that and on your job. Your holy and sacred job. You sould not be here, pal. You´re too good to be wasting your time @ this Forum.

I´ll not make any further comments about your still empty assumptions. As Mark Knopfler would say:

"I am stickin´to essential reality now"
[ This Message was edited by: Vit on 2010-05-21 17:14 ]
Every Picture Tells a Story
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 ... 8 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic