Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SonyEricsson or Nokia ???

Previous  123 4 ... 91011  Next
Author SonyEricsson or Nokia ???
jonny05
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 19:49
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Yes the new nokia colour screens are better than the T68 which has been out for over 18 months not a big deal. Nokia's features are nowhere near as advanced as Se's Nokia still putting wap 1.2.1 in new phones T68 wap 2.0. Also I work within the industry and Nokia have to be the most returned phones due to faults since the 5110 being hearing the same screen fading and freezing faults. There is no way on this earth I would buy a Nokia.

This message was posted from a T68i

haki
Sony CMD MZ5
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 21:12
I agree with everything that jonny55 has said about capabilities and the notorious Nokia build-quality.

This message was posted from a WAP device

Rashkae
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 21:46
plus, consider the Nokia menu format. It may have been okay whan Nokia phones only had 5-8 "root-level" menu items, but now the newer Nokias can have 13+! And you have to scroll like a madman just to access one of them if you haven't memorized the menu numbers.

At least the T68i/T300/T310 has a simple main menu layout that you can easily jump to with the joystick.
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 22:13
@hurny > try growing up, they're only phones you inbred ass-wipe! :-D

dards
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-30 08:20
Nokia phones generally appeal to people who are basic users. People who just use their phones for voice calls and sms messages. People for whom the physical attributes matter more. People for whome the most advanced function in a phone is sending/receiving the ring tone or picture graphics.

Where as Ericsson phones appeal to people who prefer features over physical attributes such as color and size of the phone. I believe for an SE user bluetooth is more imporant than polyphonic tones.
hurny
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 04:39
Dards quote:
"If you dont have a number in your phonebook, then the number appears only for few seconds on you nokia phone incase of call waiting and it changes to call2. So if you dont look at the phone screen with in a few seconds for a waiting call you do not know who is calling."

Agreed, but it depends on what phone- my 6510 keeps the caller ID there until you pick up.

Quote:
"TechTV conducted a survay, that quite a lot of people send SMS messages to wrong numbers and end up embarassing themselves. In Nokia once you press yes to send the message there is no way to cancel it. Where as in ericsson phones you can cancel your messages while it is delivering the message. "

True- yet i cant say I've done that too often.

Quote:
"In Nokia the top buttons have different functions at different times depending on where you are in the menus. So you need to always look at the screen to operate it. Where as Ericsson phones have set functions (Except for the menu key) so you can actually operate it with out looking at the phone. "

Well, I tend to look at my phone when using it- call me crazy.

I dont think you can generalise companies as good, bad or ugly- both bring out shockers.
I've been happy with my T20e when I had it- awesome little phone, AND my Nokia 6510- one of the best non-color phones out!

I got my girlfriend SET100- they are top quality too!
c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 04:53
I need to said this although the comment on this post was done.

Ericsson made in Malaysia was around since the days of GF388!!! Tht's the time when Ericsson was top three in world market share of mobile phone.

BTW for those who still think that Made in Malaysia mean cheap quality...then pls do quit using all the following product

Intel Pentium till P4 series, AMD Athlon and Duron chip, Product that have motorola chip (APPLE MAC), your HBH-30, your HBH-60(if you start using one), your HCB-30, your Chatboard, your CDS-11. Most of your high end or mid range Nike product, some of your Levis jeans, most of your air conditioning from National, most of your Wega tv set and then most of the Milnolta, Canon, Nikon, Olympus camera etc etc

Malaysia, Philipine, Singapore and Thailand have been making product for multinational for so many years...if you don't trust them, don't live in this planet especially everyone is saying China quality is not as good as those but now every company is making phone there.

BTW Who said all nokia phone are made in Finland??? Some of them are now from China!!!!
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 04:57
OK waste more time on which is best, just remember that you vote when you hand your money to the person in the phone shop.
Just spare a moment for less fortunate people in the world, people born in the third world with no head for example.
totings
T68i
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 05:05
It really depends on a persons taste on phones to decide on which phones are better. Its just like a mans taste on girls, this girl maybe one mans ultimate dream goddess while another may think she is just downright ugly. One mans trash is another mans treasure-did i say it right?! :-)

c96sthl
C702 Speed Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 05:07
For me, I think SE or E/// product are like what happen to Apple in Computer industry. They will keep on impressing user with innovative solution.

Remember the Melody composer, the standardisation of batteries since early model? The standardisation and of system connector which now everyone include Nokia is copying (Pop Port....like N'sync song...it will just make a "pop" not a bang)?

The first company to make use of Lithium Polymer Battery and slimmest GSM phone (T28)

The inventor of Bluetooth and mechanism to assist you to open your phone(T28...of course it's not so successful)

The company who have the first EMS(T20e) and MMS phone(T68i) around.

The company who can made the smallest Triband GSM phone (t66)

The first european company to put MP3, Radio, Camera, Chatboard into their phone.

The first company to use Symbian OS v7

The list is more like the profile of Apple who have a full list of innovative design which let it have a die-hard fan who visit esato everyday.

Where on Nokia...they are less innovative but their strategy is same like Microsoft...with the proper tweaking of their product (Windows 95- Win ME)and getting all the ideas with potential from others, they conquer the world.

We cannot compare just on user friendliness as All Ericsson user or Motorola user cannot get use to Nokia interface once they change their phone and All Nokia user cannot get use to the interface of others as well.....in fact there seem to be no user friendliness for each brand.
crowing
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 05:16
yeah, its just like VAN HALEN taking the credit for "inventing" guitar tapping where in fact Jimmy page was the first one who did it and van halen is getting all the credit. sheesh
pachy
P990 no flip
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 05:24
To survive in business being the "innovator" isn`t important, it`s the one who gets the marketing correct.
Just look at the car industry, lots of "same" with a little added every year allows a company to pace itself,
SE will contnue to have large unfrofitable gaps between models if they give the buyer "everything at once". like they always do.
brick
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 06:05
Quote:

On 2003-01-31 05:07, c96sthl wrote:
For me, I think SE or E/// product are like what happen to Apple in Computer industry.

I love that analogy. MS may be the standard everywhere, but where is the power? With Apple. They keep on rolling out fantastic products that both look and work good. They are miles ahead of MS in my books. Nokia may go the MS route, but we know that SE, like Apple, will always churn out the best products, that keep us satisfied and faithful customers for years to come.
hurny
P900
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 06:24
then again, theres a huge percentage (on this forum as well) that just like to go for the underdog (SE, Apple)) no matter what.

Why do people deliberately hate the biggest and best companies (nokia & MS) just because they are bigger?
Tony Ericsson
R600
PM
Posted: 2003-01-31 06:32
Only the very childish members on here say they "hate" Nokia, as most have owned one & liked it, i`m a little alarmed that you refer to Apple & SE as "underdogs" when they are more feature packed in general.
The British quite rightly refer to the aussies as underdogs, but it`s not something i would happily repeat, in fact i think it`s an AWFULL thing to say. as i`m sure you have SOMETHING to offer society.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 4 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic