Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SonyEricsson or Nokia ???

123 ... 91011  Next
Author SonyEricsson or Nokia ???
dards
K700
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 13:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
We say SE is better than Nokia... alright agreed... but my question is how and why? lets see what you all have to say about the following

What features are there in SE that are not available in Nokia?
What SE features are better than that of Nokia?
Annoying things about Nokia and how they are not annoying in SE?
What features do you expect SE to incorporate in their future handsets?
leap
M600 black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 14:32
One annoying thing with the newest bunch of Nokia's is the absence of Bluetooth.
Why on earth did they not include BT in 6610 for instance? It's clearly a business-style phone, but without BT the organization I work for would never consider buying it.
My guess is that most new SE phones that will be launched this spring will have BT.
Anuj
P990
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 14:37
Absolute shite topic discussing this further is a waste of time !
fadywwf316
P800
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 17:36
I'll tell you why everyone here says SE is better, cuz this is an SE forum, why would you come here if you are a nokia fan, right? Well I first came here when I bought my t68i, but now I sold it (at a profit, thats only why I sold it) because I wanted more colors on the screen, java, and polyphonic ringtones. However, when I started looking into the p800 and the 3650 I will admit the 3650 looks bad, but when I saw the prices and minimal feature differences, I completely scrapped the p800 from my mind. I can get used to the 3650's look and nokia in general has very high resale value compared to SE due to Sony's Made in Malaysia thing, some people don't care but obviously I would presonally prefer a high quality device made in Finland over in Malaysia, before that, SE used to make them in Sweden which was respectable (not all of them are made in malaysia now but my t68i was). Also Nokia is more respectable when it comes to phone experience, Ericsson has an OK background, but uncomparable to that of Nokia, also Sony coming into things, they don't improve that reputation (except I will admit SonyStyle looks on the phones now make good looking headsets). Also, for those that complain about bluetooth, here in the US at least, bluetooth is barely ever used, including in most countries besides maybe European countries. If Nokia released a full featured phone (including bluetooth), why would you buy the next phone when it came out? It's a marketing ploy (that I personally don't respect) done by many companies, including SE, when the T68i came out, they could of easily included java and poly rings (in the I not the regular M), however they deliberatly chose not to due to also the same type of marketing ploy. Now I still like SE and only in my next phone I am going over to Nokia, but still, the mass production when Sony took over just leads to crappy headsets and in many countries the only reason SE isn't popular is because they easily break (one drop of my t68i and it got scratched up, I dropped dozens of phones before and they just don't simply get scratched up).
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 17:42
God, i've heard alot of bollocks before, but that last post takes the biscuit! Nokia phones are total shite end of story. Right, next question?!

This message was posted from a T68i

malcs
Z520 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-28 17:48
Please!! 3650 is a brick with a crap keypad.. why the hell did u buy one- BT is the best thing to happen to us, as you say especially in europe. I am sticking with not those bricks that nok*a bring out. I mean sure their old mono-screen phones like the 3310 and 6510 were cool when they came out (hell i had both), but now that more advanced technology is entering the marketplace, is the way to go with their superior engineering and design.
malcs pwns now.. go visit his drunk thread....

also esato rules...
JohnM
Samsung Galaxy S i9000
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 17:57
Well said that man! Nokia are mad, bluetooth is amazing, it should be on all new mobiles as far as i'm concerned!

Caveman
P910
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 18:21
I think the cracks are beginning to show as far as N*kia are concerned - The 7210 was recalled first by O2, then T-Mobile, because of problems with the MMS function. I don't remember something like this happening before. Also, the 3210/3310/3330/3410/3510 series look cheap and the build quality isn't as good as it used to be, apparently. Maybe N*kia have become complacent over the last few years. For me, it's definitely even though I used to dislike anything that was connected with Sony. However, I've had my mind changed by owning a T68 and the eventual replacement will definitely be another
mari
Z600
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 18:30
This topic has been discussed ovr a dozen times. But just a thought, are products made in finland superior to those made in malaysia? What the hell is SE's quality control group for then? Arent specs uniform regardless where the products were assembled? Also, in my country, SE phones command higher re-sale value than nokia.

LkL
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 18:33
fadywwf316-->>> SE still manufacture phones in sweden
senninha
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 18:34
ok guys, let's not be too hard on nokia ok? noks are so much better than at quite a lot of things. for example:

1. they blend much better with mr. t gold chains and tacky jewelry
2. menus and functions are much less extensive and less complicated, just like dr. seuss' books
3. they sell the same phone in several different versions, making you pay more for each one, but making you feel trendier for upgrading to the "newer" technology (7210, 6610, 6100... same crap, different case?)
4. titanium cases can pass you off as a beverly hills wannabe
5. they always come out with a new model just in time for the complete breakdown of your existing phone
6. accessories i bought today won't be compatible with the next nok phone that comes out, giving me another chance to buy new stuff and show other nok owners that they are stuck with obsolete junk, as opposed to my newer junk
7. they take new technologies, put them in a glossier package, and look like the real innovators
8. they place more emphasis on marketing than engineering, which is what is much more important anyway
9. they give you a good excuse to have more than one nok since none of them ever comes complete with all the features
10. and finally, most likely won't have to worry about being bluejacked, since most noks don't have anyway!

i guess since i'm sticking with , i'll never be considered one of the fashion set...

ThreeX
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 21:46
Shite topic... Well since most phones today is shite i guess i have to agree.. Both me and all my friends have had all makes of phones since -96 and we have all had problems with them.. Even the boxes the phones come in are crappy today compared to 2110i and GH868!
My current phone (t68i) is ok, though definetly not better than my 6210 quality-wise! So far: the volume button sounds like baby rattlesnake when sitting in carholder. Molasses menus,more tedious than Nokias (Loads better than Motorolas retarded menus though)
three times so far it has failed to boot up, only backlight coming on, screen black. Once got slower and slower until i restarted it. (Yes i have latest SW version) This december i am renewing my contract with Vodafone and i donīt have a clue which phone to buy.. today iīd go for a 6100 or GD87 i think.. but i donīt expect either one of them to be flawless And spare me the p800 promo, i donīt like swiss army knives, if i need a knife i use a knife, if i want to unscrew something i use a screwdriver (get the metaphore?) Donīt get me wrong, if you need or want all the features, knock yourself out! But i need/want a phone first and foremost.
So, live and let live guys and gals, buy what you like, itīs your money and your decision in the end.
Happy owner of: Ericsson GH198, S868, SH888, R310s, T10s, T28s, A2618s, T39m x2, T68m, T66, SE t68i, T610, S700i, Nokia 2110i, 6210, 8310, 8850, 8890 and 6680 Siemens S55
volvoman
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2003-01-28 23:06
Sorry fadywwf316 but you say Nokia have more experience than Ericsson, so this is why Ericsson have been in the telecoms industry since 1872 and Nokia have been goinghow long. I rest my case.
C702i x 2, T650i, K850i, W850i, K810i, K800i, tomtom GO 910, Brodit proclips.

bigjobs
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2003-01-28 23:24
Well as for bluetooth, never use it, wouldn't be seen dead with those ridiculous headsets, which sap power, are horrible to connect ,bluetooth is actually shite, much better sytems in the pipeline.

Nokia phones sell much better than SE's cos they are better, look back at the Ericssons range, a lot of crap there, thats why they went belly up and had to be rescued by Sony.
Sony have the style, Nokia have the hardware and MUCH better marketing/image/usability.
This T68i will be my last SE phone, sorry guys.
brick
M600 white
PM
Posted: 2003-01-29 04:32
I'm sorry for you too.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
123 ... 91011  Next
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic