Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Next Satio Firmware update - Wishlist

Author Next Satio Firmware update - Wishlist
Godlyone
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-11-30 18:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
My biggest issue with this phone at the moment is the Media app. I placed all my previous camera photos from my old phone onto the Satio. This amounted to over 2 years of photos. However when you try to look at the photos it refreshes the thumbnails EVERY SINGLE TIME you go into the app. This can take literally up to 5 minutes. So when you want to quickly find a picture you can't because all you have are arrow circles to look at until it gets to that picture to create the thumbnail.

Why can't it just cache the thumbnails?!?!?! Clearly they didn't test with more than 3 pictures!!
terryspitz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-04 17:23
I've had my Satio a couple of weeks and i'm enjoying it, but think there are some easy fixes to the UI that would make me happy...

1. an obvious BUG: Sony Ericsson Standby Screen has a lovely analogue clock and network name at the top: AND THEY'RE HIDDEN BY THE TOP ROW OF ICONS! You can see them when the standby screen is first displayed or switched away from sometimes, and they're also there on some of the other standby screens. Looks like someone didn't update the screen limits for drawing those controls.

2. The physical buttons on my old (!) W890 Walkman phone were similar to those on the Satio, but worked SO MUCH BETTER. First: the volume up/down buttons worked even when the phone was locked. This is essential when you want to adjust the volume while the phone is in your pocket, and having to unlock and relock the phone on the Satio isn't so nice.

3. The volume up/down buttons on the W890 could be held down to do next/previous track, would also be great for the Satio.

4. Disconnecting the headset paused the music player on the W890... same please for the Satio! In fact, why not use the other buttons on the Satio for music controls too: the Display Pictures button could act as pause/play (it's even got the right icon on it already).

5. The kinetic scrolling on the Music app is fantastic! So why don't we get this on the other apps? Like Contacts for example? (though the incremental searching is a nice idea - if clunky in design). In fact there is a huge inconsistency between two styles of scrolling on the phone: some lists/screens like music listing and browser use a finger slide action to PAN (dragging your finger upwards moves the content up so scrolls the window down), whereas menus tend to act like a scrollbar. This is awfully inconsistent, PANNING using the kinetic scroll is the way forward... all the menus should be changed to work this way (I bet the iPhone does it ). Also use the cool 'glowing' text for selection while you're at it - extra nice if that's not ripped off from Apple.

Thanks for letting me vent... now is anyone from Sony Ericsson UI design/dev listening?!

terry

(London finance developer)
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-04 17:42
@terryspitz : update with latest firmware and see. Else you repair the phone through PC Suite
tai020381
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-04 18:07
Hope to retain SPELLED WORDS!! Save all the hassles of re-typing them...
Faster camera menu, better picture quality.
Maratonmannen
Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
PM
Posted: 2009-12-05 09:11
I wish SE add the classic MessageTone that P1, W960, P990, P910 and earlier SE phones contains.

Or do anyone know where to find it in a P1 or W960, so I can Bluetooth it?
Xperia™ 1 V @home
Xperia™ XZ Premium @work
Darcey
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-17 17:02
Here are some tones you may or maynot like, from what was on my K850i, till the Satio arrived...

http://www.allforthecode.co.uk/MP3Tones/
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-12-17 18:02
The 2 only bugs I still have after the last FW update:
-Ringtone rings 4 secs after the call really begin = lot of missed call
-Jpeg compression for the 12mp camera...1.5mb for a 12mp photo? it was 3-4mb with 8mp on W995
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
dazza2105
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 04:37
I got my Satio a few weeks ago.
I had to get used to the completely new software which is supposed to be more 'advanced' then the standard sony OS.
First thing that really disappointed me was the media. Seriously, i do believe Sony hyped us up on the Satio as being an ultimate multi media phone. Well, not at all. And here's why:

1. NO SEARCH FEATURE in media menu. Now that's really a BIG issue. My W910 had about 1500 songs, my W595 had about 2500 and my C905 currently has over 4000 songs. So what about my Satio? Only 1000 since it makes it a real pain in the ass just to get to one song.

2. NO equalizer??? No f***ing way? I'm pretty sure one of Sony's motto is "Serious about sound". Come on! my old K610 had an equalizer and that was like 4 years ago. Thats another big let down from the so called "media monster"

3. Very poor video playback options. I prefer using the standard symbian video player then the one in the media menu

4. The camera is great, but its menu, not so great... It takes time to change the settings for the right conditions. If it wasn't for the 12 mega pixels, i would still be using my C905. And please give us more options such as choosing the file compression for photos

5. I just ordered a MMR-70 on ebay and it arrived today. Tried it on my W910 and worked so well. I was really happy. But when i tried on my Satio, the symbian OS didn't recognize it. That really pissed me off. Since i often use my crappy fm transmitter in my car, it often runs out of battery and loses sound quality. I was hopping for the MMR-70 to change that, but noooooo, stupid S60 cant recognize it.

6. VGA recording is decent, but i'm sure the phone has the necessary hardware for HD recording

There many other issues with the Sony Ericsson Satio, but i was mainly disappointed by the poor media functionality.

My opinion overall, the Sony Ericsson Satio is a good phone with a massive amount of potential. I'm sure it can do better then what's it is doing at the moment.
My only wish is that Sony Ericsson can fix those issues to push the Satio to its real limits
Xion
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 05:22

On 2010-01-06 04:37:26, dazza2105 wrote:
I got my Satio a few weeks ago.
I had to get used to the completely new software which is supposed to be more 'advanced' then the standard sony OS.
First thing that really disappointed me was the media. Seriously, i do believe Sony hyped us up on the Satio as being an ultimate multi media phone. Well, not at all. And here's why:

1. NO SEARCH FEATURE in media menu. Now that's really a BIG issue. My W910 had about 1500 songs, my W595 had about 2500 and my C905 currently has over 4000 songs. So what about my Satio? Only 1000 since it makes it a real pain in the ass just to get to one song.

2. NO equalizer??? No f***ing way? I'm pretty sure one of Sony's motto is "Serious about sound". Come on! my old K610 had an equalizer and that was like 4 years ago. Thats another big let down from the so called "media monster"

3. Very poor video playback options. I prefer using the standard symbian video player then the one in the media menu

4. The camera is great, but its menu, not so great... It takes time to change the settings for the right conditions. If it wasn't for the 12 mega pixels, i would still be using my C905. And please give us more options such as choosing the file compression for photos

5. I just ordered a MMR-70 on ebay and it arrived today. Tried it on my W910 and worked so well. I was really happy. But when i tried on my Satio, the symbian OS didn't recognize it. That really pissed me off. Since i often use my crappy fm transmitter in my car, it often runs out of battery and loses sound quality. I was hopping for the MMR-70 to change that, but noooooo, stupid S60 cant recognize it.

6. VGA recording is decent, but i'm sure the phone has the necessary hardware for HD recording

There many other issues with the Sony Ericsson Satio, but i was mainly disappointed by the poor media functionality.

My opinion overall, the Sony Ericsson Satio is a good phone with a massive amount of potential. I'm sure it can do better then what's it is doing at the moment.
My only wish is that Sony Ericsson can fix those issues to push the Satio to its real limits

AMEN, I was also hoping for the T9 feature. Kinda want to switch back to my k850i. I don't know if anyone notice that there's going to be another satio update on the Dec. 7th according to the SE UK website...
[ This Message was edited by: Xion on 2010-01-06 04:23 ]
- Sony Ericsson Satio U1i
- Sony Ericsson MW600 Headset <---L33T
harvy2001
Xperia Arc Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 20:51
how about PS3 remote play support like the Aino???

Surely its just software, shame as i always thought they would put it in.

Animated wallpaper support? is it even possible with a S60 phone?
jmcomms
Satio Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-06 22:30
@xion Do you mean Jan 7th? Or Dec 7th 2010

The site isn't working properly for me at the moment, so I can't check online for myself.
Jonathan Morris
Editor, What Mobile magazine - the UK's leading mobile phone magazine
www.whatmobile.netforum.whatmobile.net
Twitter @jmcomms
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 22:46
"1. NO SEARCH FEATURE in media menu. Now that's really a BIG issue. My W910 had about 1500 songs, my W595 had about 2500 and my C905 currently has over 4000 songs. So what about my Satio? Only 1000 since it makes it a real pain in the ass just to get to one song. "

Same here!! I really cant still believe that SE are so stupid/dumb or whatever, that they didnt saw this!
(that may be the same people who decided to not keep stylus inside the phone but instead atatched to the phone with a strap ... complete fools ...)

About animated wallpapers i think is possible to have this (if not there will be no animation in background when the musicplayer is minimazed), but they will never add this feature, since they planned to add this only on Symbian^2 or ^3 (just another reason to make us spend money with another new phone...)

Now that i hacked satio im beginning to like it, but only with 3p applications doing the job that satio should already be able to do
[ This Message was edited by: miguel82 on 2010-01-06 23:42 ]
Xion
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-07 18:00

On 2010-01-06 22:30:26, jmcomms wrote:
@xion Do you mean Jan 7th? Or Dec 7th 2010

The site isn't working properly for me at the moment, so I can't check online for myself.

LOL OOPS, yeah Jan 7th thanks ha

Edit: NVM its says Dec.7th. I guess its old news
[ This Message was edited by: Xion on 2010-01-07 17:07 ]
- Sony Ericsson Satio U1i
- Sony Ericsson MW600 Headset <---L33T
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2010-01-08 09:15
A new FW is coming next week!
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-08 10:27
@vegetaleb .... oh tease .... any changelog details ?????
[ This Message was edited by: glorfingal on 2010-01-08 09:51 ]
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic