Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Next Satio Firmware update - Wishlist

Author Next Satio Firmware update - Wishlist
ULTIMATUM
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 10:01
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I'm starting this thread to discuss what all we want in the next Satio firmware update...

Here is my list:

1. Increasing Volume of handsfree speaker during call (its so damn low right now)
2. HD recording
3. Faster interface
4. Better camera image quality...maybe by increasing the jpeg file size (by not compressing them too much)
5. Music Equalizers
6. Video Player with Brightness, Contrast & saturation settings
7. Xvid/DivX playback
8. Better auto-rotate sensitivity
9. More applications like Facebook etc.
10. Other bugs like random hang n restarts...
[ This Message was edited by: ULTIMATUM on 2009-11-09 11:18 ]
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 10:14
Here are my additions:

• RDS on the FM radio
  • Better search functionality in image albums and music. Possibility to organise in folders, for example

[ This Message was edited by: altemyr on 2009-11-09 09:17 ]
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 10:32
-Backward compatibility with Java apps fom A200
-SE Tracker GPS for Satio
-Faster S60v5 games like Prince of Persia HD
-Louder ringtones
-Standby themes bug fixed
-Possibility to replace music widget with another app (it would be great to have live weather widget)
-Option to increase or decrease homescreen bars transparency(or it will be in the next TC?)
-Increased battery performance
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
kanjer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 12:01
kind of agree with all above

better photo algorithm esp low light and less compression as stated above
more apps like facebook
customisable alarms
better geotagging facilities
LOCR
I havent used the music player yet but the eq is important
lose the bugs in the themes and get rid of the auto rotate when entering numbers and texts!
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 13:00
I forgot to mention the navigation facilities when selecting an image or an audio file in the personalization menus. On my K800i, there was a "Ringtones" folder and a "Backgrounds" folder, and when specifying either, the selection menu started in those folders, but it was possible to navigate out of them if necessary. The Satio does not seem to handle folders at all. Instead ALL files of the apropriate type (image or audio) are listed, and having 500+ audio files and 200+ image files stored on the memory card, the selection lists become very long. In fact, the image list becomes so long that the system runs out of memory and the personalization applet crashes.
dipb
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 14:24
1. volume increase & decrease keys should not be locked (until the phone is unlocked) when radio or media player is playing. this means, user should be able to increase or decrease the volume by using the key in stead of unlock the phone to use those keys !! strange then why do we have the keys for ?? - RESOLVED with R1CA
2. when radio is on and a phone comes, the radio is interrupted, but never restarted when the call ends; it asks for confirmation; I would expect the phone to be intelligent enough to continue with radio - RESOLVED with R1CA
3. less confirmation; it seems for everything the phone asks for confirmation and the user have to click at least twice extra than similar UIQ interface
4. increase battery life. Sony claims on their site that standby time is 360 hours on GSM. But the phone doesnot lasts more than 2 days with hardly 1 hours talk + 1 hour radio + 4 hours internet thru wifi; not checked the 11 hours talk time yet
5. profiles - ability to send busy tone outside the selected group the profile is set to accept; not just keep silent. Currently anyone outside the list calls, the phone doesnot ring but vibrates and screen still shows incoming call. It would be good if the phone call straigt way send busy tone and thus goes to any call divert features set.
6. would like to see the sound recording volume increase. At the moment it is very low volume recording.
7. No separate game folder. Create one so that when we install game it should ask which folder to install game or applications.
8. as you type a number to dial it should bring up the nearest or matching contacts, like K850 or W980. Thats a good feature we have lost.

All these were features of previous Sony model. I do understand that this phone is on Symbian S60v5 but I do not think that will stop us from having all the suggestions I have put forward in addition to what others have put also.
[ This Message was edited by: dipb on 2009-12-04 19:19 ]
TheHamster
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 14:28

- Better call log application (That puts the right contact phone icon next to the logged caller rather than all mobile icons)
- Don't lock 'When on power supply' option.
- Don't blank screen / ability to control longer screen blanker 'When on power supply' option
- Improvements to the WiFI receiver
- SMB browser
kanjer
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 14:54
a better mail client ? something like the Nokia E71 client would be nice
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-09 23:42
I miss a button to start and stop the music player. The one I thought it was, between the video/still button and the volume buttons, always starts the image viewer. On other models, pressing and holding any of the volume keys will fast forward / rewind to next/previous track while in music player. I miss that function too.
Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-11 05:55
Man my wishlist is LONG I will update it as I remember all of the things that are irritating me.

First few:

1. more efficient multi-tasking, my phone freezes a lot!

2. pulled the lens cover open for a shot today and it froze

3. I don't know why but when pulling the battery after freezing and restarting, it doesn't read the sim card, even if you don't touch it (fix that)

4. When looking at contact list and being unable to navigate the entire list and without having to go into an actual qwerty digital mode, we should have letter that we can press to go directly to that letter and be able to navigate without using the touch scroll (it is way too annoying if you are busy and in a rush to talk to different people in a small amount of time)

5. contact list should have the dedicated pictures already loaded, not only loaded when you touch their name

6. My Apps folder should be an option to put in the favorites folder (top right of the home screen). Just being able to put individual apps definitely won't be enough for me.

7. Agreed like everyone else, handsfree speaker should be louder, I could barely hear it over my own car, standing outside by the door (and its a quiet lexus!)

more to come...

Monaco
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-11 06:19
I'm curious, are SE/Symbian developers even reading this forum? Do we have anybody with any special connections to them? I really do hope we can somehow compile a "reasonable" list of things we would like for future updates, you know...at least they know what we want and aren't giving us random things that are not priorities to us.

Also one thing I agree with one of the above posts is less confirmation. I really am tired of all of the extra clicking to get things done.
vegetaleb
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-11-11 08:42
Esato is the N1 SE forum in the web, so if SE has a Marketing Research departement they will look here first.
Also some complaints about the software are related to S60v5 limitations,so till a S60v6 comes out...
Prince Vegeta,prince of all sayans
Administrator in Dailymobile
HxH
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2009-11-11 11:40
More stable than current one (I can't use any standby theme except of SE itself)
Improvement multi task working (I can't read PDF while listening music so damn frustrated always crashed)
SE Tracker bring it back (I don't like third party tracker or anyone can recommend good one)
SE Organizer bring it back too (It's one of strongest one of phones)
Picture quality when come to low-light condition need updated (especially better noise reduction for low-light and compressed should improve)
SONY x Sexy x Sleek x Solid x Stunner x Stylish : Nozomi/Kagura with Love.
danp330
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-11 12:18
The option for a thumbnail view when accessing pictures through the file manager-style 'Media Album', along with the ability to scroll through the pictures in a folder, full-screen, when opened from this location. (As could be done on the C905, through it's file manager)

These features ARE currently available using the Playstation XMB-style 'Media' application, but I have a huge amount of photos all grouped into various folders, which (unlike the file manager) the 'Media' application doesn't recognise. Alternatively, if folder support was added to this application, that'd also solve my problem!

ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2009-11-11 13:12
Replace the OS with Android 2.0?
SE w880 + Iphone 4 16gb
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic