Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > Next Satio Firmware update - Wishlist

Author Next Satio Firmware update - Wishlist
miguel82
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-23 15:56
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
So... isnt this week that the new satio firmware is supposed to came out?
mikely_28
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-11-23 18:34
Yes, it is and we're waiting
One more thing: red eye reduction is very poor.
Hrc4u
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-24 01:25

On 2009-11-23 00:37:05, glorfingal wrote:

hmm i recall there is a beep ....got to check when my battery runs low again..
/H

I wish mine had .... I thought the little red led was a message or something ... unlocked
the screen to see NO battery left

now on low battery..and yes! i have beeps to alert low battery!
you have "caution sounds" ON in the profile(s) you are using?
cheers!/H
mikely_28
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2009-11-24 13:21
Another annoying thing: pictures could be less compressed to get better quality of picture. I don't mind for space at my micro SD, I rather have HQ pictures without noise on them.
glorfingal
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-24 13:43
@hrc4u .... "Arse" how did I miss that ! - cheers
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Webalistic
Sony Xperia TX
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-11-25 01:01
It would be nice if the music player stopped when the headphones are unplugged (intentionally, or because of the ever crappy fastport connector). The C905 pauses and asks whether to continue playback through the speaker or not. The satio however instantly switches to the speaker so you have to dig up your phone from your pocket quickly to unlock it several times and stop the music. (sigh)

It would also be nice if you wouldn't get the integral list of sound files when selecting a ring-tone. On the C905 you can browse the file system. On the satio my ringtones have 'disappeared' in a list of hundreds of mp3's.

A more consistent UI would be nice too. Still not clear to me when I can single tap, double tap, or tap and hold, etc.

Better internet connection management. Now i can go to internet connections or go to wifi and select my acces point and then options --> browse. That way I can only use the built in browser over wifi. (or I have to minimise that one and start opera.) On the C905 the active connection used by all apps. I would like to start an app and say which connection to use. Either as a property or on every start.

More backup options. Getting internet up and running, setting up profiles, etc is always a lot of work. Why are only contacts, calendar, notes and bookmarks backed up in pcsuite? Why not the profiles, sms history, connections etc.
That would save me a lot of annoyance and work after a reset or firmware upgrade.

Alarms should stay in a list even if not active and not be discarded after use. And where is the timer?

Support for the CAR100?
All SE stuff...
768 T18 T28 T39 T610 K750 K800 K850 C905 Satio X10 Arc TX Z1C Z5C XZs
gharknes1
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-25 02:14
you pretty much covered everything i have found so far also, shouldn't be hard to do, would improve things to almost perfection
Xion
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2009-11-25 03:52

On 2009-11-25 01:01:58, Webalistic wrote:
It would be nice if the music player stopped when the headphones are unplugged (intentionally, or because of the ever crappy fastport connector). The C905 pauses and asks whether to continue playback through the speaker or not. The satio however instantly switches to the speaker so you have to dig up your phone from your pocket quickly to unlock it several times and stop the music. (sigh)

It would also be nice if you wouldn't get the integral list of sound files when selecting a ring-tone. On the C905 you can browse the file system. On the satio my ringtones have 'disappeared' in a list of hundreds of mp3's.

A more consistent UI would be nice too. Still not clear to me when I can single tap, double tap, or tap and hold, etc.

Better internet connection management. Now i can go to internet connections or go to wifi and select my acces point and then options --> browse. That way I can only use the built in browser over wifi. (or I have to minimise that one and start opera.) On the C905 the active connection used by all apps. I would like to start an app and say which connection to use. Either as a property or on every start.

More backup options. Getting internet up and running, setting up profiles, etc is always a lot of work. Why are only contacts, calendar, notes and bookmarks backed up in pcsuite? Why not the profiles, sms history, connections etc.
That would save me a lot of annoyance and work after a reset or firmware upgrade.

Alarms should stay in a list even if not active and not be discarded after use. And where is the timer?

Support for the CAR100?

AMEN
- Sony Ericsson Satio U1i
- Sony Ericsson MW600 Headset <---L33T
Xajel
Sony Xperia S
PM
Posted: 2009-11-26 08:31
Another addition, pressing and holding the power button will turn-off the phone... this is naturally but not as this fast, it's even less than 1 second and opps the phone is shutting down !!

I hope to increase this delay to some respectable 3 seconds like all other phones...
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-26 10:37

On 2009-11-25 01:01:58, Webalistic wrote:
And where is the timer?

And where is the stopwatch?
Darcey
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-11-27 16:45
This will be the last Sony Ericsson phone I touch.

The more I use this satio piece of ****, the more annoyed I get. I am already planning a creative destruction for this monstrosity at the end of my contract (fire? cliff? drive over it? microwave? baseball bat? sledge hammer?)

I have had various SE phones since 2002 and with each model the same mistakes in both hardware and software. But in this day and age, I expect better, much better. Software is as important as the hardware and even then they design a 12 megapixel phone that your pocket unlocks and takes pictures/videos of while your going about your day. !! And it's not the first time they have done this either!

Only 17 months to go and counting till I stop taking pictures/videos of my pocket!

If this helps anyone, some solutions to some problems I had:

Problem 1: Phone wont lock when pressing the lock button?
Solution 1: Yank battery out its quicker than shutting this junk down via top button

Problem 2: Sluggish performance
Helper: When I was drunk I deleted every piece of data from the memory stick, then creating empty folders for images,sounds and music and it's been running a tad faster since.

Problem 3: Does your standby theme start to dance with auto selecting icons and twitching the time between date and time and the phone aint really usable when your on that theme?
Solution3: Go to SE update service and reinstall the latest firmware,update etc.

Problem 4: Can't quit applications to run other applications? Menu not working to exit them?
Solution 4: Yank battery out its quicker than shutting this junk down via top button

Problem 5: WiFi locked on searching and nothing works?
Solution 5: Yank battery out its quicker than shutting this junk down via top button

Problem 6: Web browser locked up, can't get out of it but you can browse the web?
Solution 6: Yank battery out its quicker than shutting this junk down via top button

Problem 7: You, like me bought a contract with the satio?
Solution 7: De-brand the piece of junk, open it up to all networks with http://www1.davinciteam.com/newsdetail_203.html
and then sell it on eBay. Then with the money you get for it (worth £5, sell for £200 to £300), then save up the extra £200 or so for a decent unlocked, un-branded mobile phone that works.

Darcey
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-11-28 22:12
OOOOO!!! There is hope!!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/24/sony-ericsson-satio-sales-suspended-after-bugs-discovered/
tono
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-11-29 11:18
I have two thing i'd like to see in the next update, exept for obvious bugfixes.
- ability to redial automatically when busy.
- consistent and configurable kinetic scrolling, some apps are much easier to browse through as they spin a lot more/longer.''
Despite some bugs Satio is still a great phone and the media part really much fun. I have never had such a great integrated camera experience before - by one or two updates it will certainly become a favorite.
altemyr
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-11-29 11:40
Even though I did not use it very much on earlier phones I hsave had, but ever since Ericsson T18, it was possible to ansswer, dial numbers, etc. with voice commands. It was especially convenient in a car. I haven't found that in the Satio.
[ This Message was edited by: altemyr on 2009-11-29 10:41 ]
Bellerophonn
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-11-30 14:55
What I would like to see is:
1- The possibility to switch off the internet connection (to save battery life). Beside this, I would like to see an option that internet (3G) will only be turned on when you want to open an application which requires internet.
2- Adjusting the volume or forward to the next song when the Satio is keylocked.
3- When someone calls me I can't see who's calling, only when I touch the screen it shows who's calling.
5- When I am listening to music and some calls me or sends me a text message I would like to hear something from the phone, not just an interruption of the music.
4- When my phone is keylocked it would be nice to see the time on the screen.
5- The screen should be more responsive and everything in the interface should go faster.
6- An option to make other browsers your standard internet browser.
7- A way to install apps in different folders and also a smarter option to arrange the folders. Maybe the possibility to adjust your Satio when connected to PCsuite?!
8- More jungle-juice in the battery!
9- Some usefull apps? Like a better integration with Google calendar, mail docs and so on.
[ This Message was edited by: Bellerophonn on 2009-11-30 14:00 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic