Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > NexusOne 1GHz Of Android Fire?

Author NexusOne 1GHz Of Android Fire?
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-01-03 18:43
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@GUCCI

I'll side with you on SE struggling with the X10 on release because their record is piss poor in almost every front on software.

But, on the HTC built X1, I beg to differ. The X1 and the Touch Pro are essentially the same device released with similar software and that to me says something about HTC's 'experience' with an OS, unless it was their intention to screw SE up which they did with aplomb.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
driftmania
W900 white
PM
Posted: 2010-01-03 19:46

On 2010-01-03 09:50:04, >500 wrote:
how exactly?

the fact that it has a newer version of Android? So? Doesnt mean its going to function better as a phone!

Or the 512mb ram where as x10 has less. Even though the 384mb ram that the x10 has is plenty.

Or perhaps the Amoled screen? Meh!

Though on the other hand, we have 8mp vs 5mp, 4" screen vs 3.7" screen, 1gb vs 512mb ROM, 1500mah vs 1400mah battery.

Again, nothing makes either the better phone. We'll see once both are released which is the one that functions best!

I was actually thinking about the price that SE will charge for the X10, assuming they will price it pretty high like their other flagships whereas the NexusOne is rumored to be priced at 530USD.
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-03 21:10
Dups!
Im thinking it was a bit of foul play, how is that X1 had so many problems both hardware and software wise and the Touch PRO didnt? Touch PRO even had an extra 32mb RAM if i remember correctly.
HTC TouchPro had HTC's stand by and other mods and ran fine,whereas X1 had quite a bit of SE software eg. Panels, Media, Stand by etc. . . I realy dont think Htc are to blame, their WM devices are usualy very stable it seems to me,look at HD and HD2. They will usualy have little bugs and glitchs here and there,but not at the high level of SEs.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-04 01:25
@gucci
Both x1 and touch pro were poor at release. Had plenty of problems at work with the pro. They both improved with updates. Guess it came down to the os. Which was crap
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 21:06
Google's Nexus One is official

http://www.engadget.com/2010/[....]les-nexus-one-is-official/ BBCode u2 Start -->

[addsig]
snoFlake
W800
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 21:07
So no surprises as expected from Engadget (p)review

Daily Mobile Google Nexus One

- The specs match previous leaks. Its a 3.7? AMOLED display with a trackball.

- It comes with features such as a light sensor, GPS, and accelerometer. These are all features pioneered by Apples iPhone.

- Its 130 grams in weight and 11.5 mm in width, about the width of a standard #2 pencil.

- The camera is 5MP with LED flash.

- The audio has received an upgrade. It has two microphones, one of which is used for noise cancellation.

- Customization is a key to the Nexus One. There are five home screens to cusotmize your interface.

- Google showed off some of its dynamic touchscreen features of the software.. For example, one of the wallpapers is a lake with leaves. When you touch it, it will ripple. Its quite nifty, actually.

- They worked with the team at CoolIris to visualize photons on the Nexus One in a 3D environment. If you tap on an album, youll be able to quickly scan and load photos. You can also tip and dip photos based on your hand motions and the accelerometer.

Google Official Specs

Apparently ready for purchase on TMobile today/tomorrow in US, UK, HK and Singapore according to this Google Press Release and biggie is will be availability on Verizon and Vodafone as well in Spring
Via Unwired View

Looks like they've learned the lesson of Apple - now this is they way to manage a launch not a preview followed by five months whilst competition catches up/releases better model followed by two month delay.
snoFlake
W800
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 21:18
As it's now official and available for immediate purchase what if any affect do we think this'll have on SE X10?

I haven't bothered posting this in X10 as I can already hear the howls from the fanboi's questioning what relevance this has to X10 and why am I trying to introduce other manufacturers and am I trying to drag SE down. Lets hope in a more confidant thread we can discuss/moot this maturely.

Looks to me that it could be available on two/three carriers globally TMob Verz/Voda when SE are releasing X10 probably as far as we know on Android 1.6 if Rog from Se Firsts timing info is correct.

Quick release to two carriers seems pretty smart to me and tech looks nice, Apple has a challenger or counterballance at last and it's a biggie .

Some manufacturers may be regretting comitting too much to Android, I don't know. Is this possibly good for Symbian in the long run?
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 21:46
This IS taking sales away from the X10.

I like their strategy of announcing it when it already available unlike a certain confused and now silly manufacturer!

It doesn't appeal to me but it is great to see such swift announcement and availability.

It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
karlosperu
Samsung Galaxy Note II
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 22:04

...............Video captured at 720x480 pixels at 20 frames per second or higher, depending on lighting conditions??????.....

[ This Message was edited by: giancito on 2010-01-05 21:05 ]
[addsig]
floatlite
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 22:09
Just ordered mine, excited now!!!
Tsepz_GP
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 22:38
I want it i want it!
R.I.P to that other Android 1.6 phone thats being released LATER this year by that other manufacturer,that only has its camera to rely on,interestingly enough that other phone doesnt have a trackball,or dpad, yet ALL other Androids do,can someone say 'own foot shooter'
Anyway back to Nexus,looking good i must say,hope it will be as well priced as the Hero was.
Phone: iPhone 15 Pro Max Black Ti 512GB
Tablet: iPad Pro 11” 2020 Space Gray 256GB
Watch: Series 3 Nike Edition Space Gray
Droid: Huawei Mate 40 Pro 256GB
KU
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-05 23:14
My god google done it with motorola and now HTC
This phone is really awesome congrats to them

Now it is correct to say that SE is dead once for all do not hope anything for them the joint venture doesn't last a decade it's pittyfull
The last hope named X2 is delayed which mean X10 will be delayed and be launched with android 1.6 for more than the nexus one, with a lot of bugs, same thing for the kurara:kanna and any other piece of sh*t anounce to the MWC if they still have the money to get there ...

Bye Bye
[ This Message was edited by: KU on 2010-01-05 22:16 ]
SE-Naz
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 00:09
Whoever gets this first please let us have feedback on what you think...

Speed / Stablility of OS?
Battery Life?
Music sound quality?

Cheers
ENJOY
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-01-06 00:30
Hmmm. Very tempted to get this as my next phone although I do love my Blackberry.
I suspect this is gonna be cheaper than the X10 and better specced.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
>500
Vivaz Black
PM
Posted: 2010-01-06 00:52

On 2010-01-05 21:46:25, Dups! wrote:

I like their strategy of announcing it when it already available unlike a certain confused and now silly manufacturer!

im no fanboy of any manufacturer, but, your not only talking about are you? they arent the only ones doing this. im fairly sure, nokia, lg, samsung, moto etc have gaps between announcements and release. although not as long, there are still gaps

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi