Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Windows 7 Discussion and Questions Thread

Author Windows 7 Discussion and Questions Thread
mrjulius
Aino Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-26 21:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
the new 3D features in CS4 and 5 is cool but requires more ram my notebook is not lucky , only my rig clone computer desktop can.
Xperia Arc S, AinoU10i, x10m, c902, k750i,
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-27 04:23
Lukechris,

Have you checked the features of avast internet security? Yesterday while searching for both antivirus features and reviews, i guess avast has unique firewall and network activity feature which means more protection. Also one site called cnet.com has given kaspersky 4.5 rating and avast 5 rating out of 5. Though i couldnt find more about ram consumption in both antivirus programme.

One more technical question. Yesterday i was discussing about ram with my pc tech friend. He said you cannot put more then 2 GB ram with DUAL CORE processor. It is like you are attaching a big elephant with small ant, who wouldnt be able to use it to full. Is it right? How much ram can dual core processor handle?
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-11-27 11:57

On 2010-11-27 04:23:27, ceaser2008 wrote:
Have you checked the features of avast internet security? Yesterday while searching for both antivirus features and reviews, i guess avast has unique firewall and network activity feature which means more protection. Also one site called cnet.com has given kaspersky 4.5 rating and avast 5 rating out of 5. Though i couldnt find more about ram consumption in both antivirus programme.

Features is one things, quality, and usage or rescources is another. CNET don't have the same people reviewing every thing, so it would be difficult to say. I reccomend Kaspersky from experience, and many many benchmark tests.

On 2010-11-27 04:23:27, ceaser2008 wrote:
One more technical question. Yesterday i was discussing about ram with my pc tech friend. He said you cannot put more then 2 GB ram with DUAL CORE processor. It is like you are attaching a big elephant with small ant, who wouldnt be able to use it to full. Is it right? How much ram can dual core processor handle?

This is incorrect, it is possible and it is very common. What he may mean is you need a 64 bit OS for over 3gb RAM, but they go together perfectly, as long as your motherboard supports the extra RAM
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-27 13:20
Thank you lukechris. I'll go for kaspersky internet security based on your opinion.
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-11-28 13:17
Can anybody show me the way to arrange the desktop icons on top/bottom of the screen?
lukechris
M600 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-12-02 17:55
Just right click, untick Auto Arrange and drag them to where you want them
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2010-12-02 17:59
Inverting colors in MS Paint doesn't work anymore. Why you did this?!
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-12-05 14:17
After a long discussion on antivirus, i have used kaspersky internet security 2011. But to my suprise, it has increased my shutdown and startup time of pc. Even after startup, it takes bit time to start my desktop widgets. So i removed it and installed avast internet security 5.0.677. Now everything is back to normal.

tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-02-24 21:54
Windows 7 SP1 is ready. Did you update yours?

I did

Changes specific to Windows 7

Additional support for communication with third-party federation services
Additional support has been added to allow Windows 7 clients to effectively communicate with third-party identity federation services (those supporting the WS-Federation passive profile protocol). This change enhances platform interoperability, and improves the ability to communicate identity and authentication information between organizations.

Improved HDMI audio device performance
A small percentage of users have reported issues in which the connection between computers running Windows 7 and HDMI audio devices can be lost after system reboots. Updates have been incorporated into SP1 to ensure that connections between Windows 7 computers and HDMI audio devices are consistently maintained.

Corrected behavior when printing mixed-orientation XPS documents
Prior to the release of SP1, some customers have reported difficulty when printing mixed-orientation XPS documents (documents containing pages in both portrait and landscape orientation) using the XPS Viewer, resulting in all pages being printed entirely in either portrait or landscape mode. This issue has been addressed in SP1, allowing users to correctly print mixed-orientation documents using the XPS Viewer.

Changes common to both client and server platforms

Change to behavior of “Restore previous folders at logon” functionality
SP1 changes the behavior of the “Restore previous folders at logon” function available in the Folder Options Explorer dialog. Prior to SP1, previous folders would be restored in a cascaded position based on the location of the most recently active folder. That behavior changes in SP1 so that all folders are restored to their previous positions.

Enhanced support for additional identities in RRAS and IPsec
Support for additional identification types has been added to the Identification field in the IKEv2 authentication protocol. This allows for a variety of additional forms of identification (such as E-mail ID or Certificate Subject) to be used when performing authentication using the IKEv2 protocol.

Support for Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
There has always been a growing need for ever more computing power and as usage models change, processors instruction set architectures evolve to support these growing demands. Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX) is a 256 bit instruction set extension for processors. AVX is designed to allow for improved performance for applications that are floating point intensive. Support for AVX is a part of SP1 to allow applications to fully utilize the new instruction set and register extensions.

Improved Support for Advanced Format (512e) Storage Devices
SP1 introduces a number of key enhancements to improve support of recently introduced storage devices with a 4KB physical sector size (commonly referred to as "Advanced Format"). These enhancements include functionality fixes, improved performance, and updated storage drivers which provide applications the ability to retrieve information as to the physical sector size of storage device. More information on these enhancements is detailed in Microsoft KB 982018.

[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2011-02-24 21:09 ]
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
adnansanni
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2011-03-24 19:51
I have updated mine few days ago. it's going smooth and silky.......
..Adnan..
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic