Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Sony Ericsson New Brand Message: make.believe

Previous  1234  Next
Author Sony Ericsson New Brand Message: make.believe
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 16:39
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
@se_dude - no explosions yet, but thanks for asking
Dups!
BlackBerry Q10
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 19:34
@Boinng, se_dude and gtr83

Keep at it! I'm having a laugh reading your posts.

But seriously, SE have announced 2 phones and are releasing them in less than three months which is a breath of fresh air from them. Sure they are not that special but looking at their track record in this regard it is a step in the right direction.

As for them realigning with Sony I am just going to wait and see. Sony are overpriced which has affected SE's pricing strategy.

They need to combine the best of Ericsson with the best of Sony which they honestly haven't done or been doing.

Hopefully this is the turning point. The first actions (early releases) look promising.
It's not what you do or even how you do it but in what state of mind you do it: Dups! 2009
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-09-04 21:39
I do look forward to what Sony Ericsson has up their sleeves in the future. But they need to concentrate on their phones not all this stuff.
korbindallis
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-05 17:13

Wow loving the new logo [addsig]
dr_thug
P990
PM
Posted: 2009-09-05 18:07
long time since i posted...but i just couldn't resist...

hihihans
HTC One
PM
Posted: 2009-09-06 00:55
is it me or my imaginary friend ?
MrMojo1
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-09-06 04:57
Let's Make.Believe that SE will finally bring out some good QUALITY phones at AFFORDABLE prices!

Sorry, but as an SE phone owner many times over, it's easy to make fun of SE as their phones are ... bland and yet still costly, hence their focus on the hign-end phone market!

Perhaps some HUMBLENESS is finally due!

Still waiting for Rachel... X3 which apparently looks like it's delayed until 2010!
juris15
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-07 16:19
red logo for developer world?

Video
[ This Message was edited by: juris15 on 2009-09-07 15:22 ]
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-09-07 16:31

On 2009-09-06 04:57:32, MrMojo1 wrote:
Still waiting for Rachel... X3 which apparently looks like it's delayed until 2010!

How can it be delayed when we don't even have the orignal release date?

mariozlp
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2009-09-07 20:13
I think that purple logo is floating around too...
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-08 11:28
I think that as most, if not all of us are not new to SE, in that we have all had a fair selection of SE phones, we have all contributed to supporting SE for a good few years, in business, getting people to switch brands is the difficult task, providing you deliver a good enough product from there on, you build brand loyalty and they keep coming back, so coming up with new slogans on a regular basis is an inherent method of attracting new customers, and the more you piss off current customers, with very average quality and support, the more you have to spend on re-inventing your brand on a regular basis. Now im not exactly a Nokia fan, but ive had a good few of them, and im currently looking at an old 6610 that i had from Vodafone around 2002, no wear on the keys, still works fine, no paint wearing off the housing, no dust ingress, must i go on?
I am currently on my 3rd C902, on the past two, the keys have quickly worn, the touch screen has played up, and the software has locked, im not blind to the fact that the C902 is a technologically packed phone, but the bloody basics are as ever, questionable.
As ive said before, i returned my X1 as it was a truly (in my opinion) terrible xperiance, could do better and give them a second chance are not famous marketing quotes, stop paying for this branding and re-branding crap, both my other half and i now use HTC phones, though ive never seen them advertised anywhere in the UK, and when i replace the C902 it will (at this moment) likely be a HTC product. A good solid wellmade product, example the i-phone which i dont own, will create its own market, and as has been shown sell and sell. The initial marketing was and continues to be good, and the product does what it says it will. Its a bloody no brainer!
carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-08 23:23
@Number2
You're right, they need to be device/platform focused rather than marketing/branding focused.
Instead of trying to get consumers to buy into their marketing BS, why not just make gadgets that people see and say 'thats cool, I want that!" Apple have built an empire on just that concept.

Chocolate is recession proof because it makes consumers feel good. I'll bet Apples performance during the recession is down to the same thing. A big lesson there for Sony and , who really cares about market research testing into 'who is the #1 recognised Communication and Entertainment brand'?

Excite consumers > sell products > make money, is it really rocket science?
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
juris15
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-09-10 18:34
heres the purple logo
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-09-10 18:45

On 2009-09-10 18:34:33, juris15 wrote:
heres the purple logo

Woo!

TBH, as much as I dislike branding generally, if they're going to tinker with this stuff I think they may as well go to town and come up with something completely new. The funny-green-gloop-in-an-S-shaped-ball was never exactly an iconic design classic, was it? The corporate font isn't the most attractive or timeless thing in the world either. For that matter, the name never exactly tripped off the tongue...

Given that Ericsson are pretty much forgotten now in the consumer space, why not just call it Sony and give it the Sony logo, regardless of who owns it?
number2
C902 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-09-10 22:06
I know ive missed something here, make believe what exactly?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi