Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > 50/50 chance SE sends me an"a" version as a replacement.

Author 50/50 chance SE sends me an"a" version as a replacement.
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-23 06:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Place your bets. My phone has been into service twice for the WiFi problem. http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=186298 Was out for 2 1/2 weeks, came back WiFi still broken. Sent it right out again. Came back yesterday after another 2 1/2 weeks with "replace device" checked off. Sent it out today. Was told by the SE representative I spoke with that there was a 50/50 chance my c905i would be replaced with a c905a. That's big here in the states for the 3g support...What do you think? "a" or "i" (BTW you win nothing)....
Hello, Exactly!-Eddie Adams a.k.a. Dirk Diggler a.k.a. Brock Landers. Boogie Nights.
Coquito
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-23 15:15
I hope it's an "a" version then

Good luck!! and let us know.
[ This Message was edited by: Coquito on 2009-07-23 14:16 ]
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-23 15:26
Thanks. Really trying not to get my hopes up. It would be very dissapointing opening the package to reveal the dreaded "I"......
Hello, Exactly!-Eddie Adams a.k.a. Dirk Diggler a.k.a. Brock Landers. Boogie Nights.
Coquito
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-07-23 15:27

Well but it's gonna be a new phone anyway.
geokilla
W715 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-23 21:14
Instead of looking forward to getting an a replacement, hope that you'll get a working version. I haven't had any problems when sending my phone in up here in Toronto, Canada, but I've heard lots of stories saying how the replacement phones they send back are either refurbrished or not working correctly, or it's the same phone that you sent in but it comes back destroyed.

Either way, good luck.
Sony Ericsson G705 --> W715
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-12 17:38
So I'm utterly pissed at SE America. Will try to keep this short...Recieved my "replacement" phone from it's 3rd trip in a row to service,(almost 2 months without it) only to open the package and once again have my original phone!(blood boiled over) Called spoke to a rep who continued to tell me that SE wouldn't replace my warrantied $520.00 handset..Said," if you can't help me then give me someone who can."

Spoke to a supervisor who then tried to tell me,"that it was repaired after the second time in", (the paper shipped with it the 2nd time had a clearly checked box which read,"Unable to repair, replace handset. NOT "replaced" but, "replace") and that the rep that I had set up a return and exchange with, wasn't aware that the handset was fixed even though all the info at the time was listed with my RMA# in front of her.(for the record she was very nice) I told him he was BSing me and that clearly after the 3rd time they had truly fixed the handset and swapped the internals. Slid open the phone while talking to him to reveal a "floating keypad". Stuck it down and seemed to stay in place. Wasn't spending another $10 on shipping at that point on top of the time. So fed up at that point that I said it would be fine and that his customer service is awful.

Put the phone in it's box with intentions to sell ASAP. Didn't give it much more of a going over other than to make sure it was fully functioning with the WiFi repaired. Knew there was a small dent on battery cover by the wrist strap loop and a microscopic hair-line scratch on a bit of the chrome. Rest of the phone was MINT.
Found a buyer with a local listing and went to sell the phone for $300(down from $325) near mint/like new all accessories. Had a invisishield since day one. KNEW the condition of my phone. Show the buyer the phone and I am completely caught off guard by indents and slight scratches on the either side of the edges of the back of the phone in between the lens cover and top ear-piece side of the phone. Embarrassed at that point, he tries to low-ball me, I refuse. Even with that it is worth $300 IMO. Looks as if there was some kind of disassembly tool used on it to grip it. The edge area is dented to a point that the invisishield would have covered. I had removed it after the exchange/replacement had been set up.

Call SE to complain. They say that I've had the phone for almost a week and there is no way to prove that that damage hadn't occurred in that time. I explain that the phone went right in the box after I got it back.... Doesn't matter, I'm stuck with it. SE AMERICA is horrendous!

Anyone want to buy a c905i? $295

carkitter
V640 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-08-13 11:38
Many recent SE phones are put together in such a way as they are not designed to come apart easily. I've had a phone butchered by a service centre.
Best Debater - Esato Awards 2010
Best Phone Review - Esato Awards 2008
Visiting NZ with your mobile - all you need to know
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi