Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > iPhone 3gs - Who's ordered one (owners thread)

Author iPhone 3gs - Who's ordered one (owners thread)
Luke-the-magic-man
P990 no flip
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-23 01:26
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
for my battery issues I ran it down to 0% and am now giving it a full charge. The apple support site has mixed reviews of this method, but worth trying? Il keep you all posted on the results.
Check out my sales
I am a mac fanboy .
I will honor Laffens gift of P990 flip free avartar, but I sold the p990
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-23 01:38
Seriously though you say its faster fair enough but the features on this phone are still years behind some other handsets. They only just put on MMS 3 mega pixel camera video recording and still restrictions with Bluetooth. Hardly a huge leap. Sorry.
Phone?? What phone??
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-06-23 02:15
lol, I used to understand the non believers

On 2009-06-23 01:38:00, Bonovox wrote:
Seriously though you say its faster fair enough but the features on this phone are still years behind some other handsets. They only just put on MMS 3 mega pixel camera video recording and still restrictions with Bluetooth. Hardly a huge leap. Sorry.

but now, after 2 major versions, they appear as just trollers who just don't get it, and just don't want to get it

... and actually, thats just fine as we're not here to convert the non believers, but a little actual experiential evidence tends to speak for itself that similar features can actually be better implemented

still, each to their own so its better that people who don't get it take the longer route until their final realisation of what works best
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-23 02:41
Yeah but so many times i play with the iphone in store or play with 2 of my friends who have them. I simply just dont like Apple products and the iphone just does not do it for me. Yes it has a great interface and internet but beyond that for me i find it nothing much more. So many other phones do so much more to me and better. I played with my friends iphones many times just dont like them. And i hate itunes. Anyway i shall get off this thread before i start another row lol
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-06-23 02:47
lol, thats not a prob... each to their own (always)... your opinion doesn't have to make a row in this topic unless that is your intention
so enjoy what you like but don't feel that you *have* to reply to each and every iphone post that you clearly have no real interest in
Topscooby
T700 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 20:06
I've jumped on the iphone 'bandwagon' really late as this 3Gs model is my first
However, in the very short time iv'e owned it (from launch day) iv'e grown very fond of it indeed. It is intuitative and the os is extreamly pleasing to use. I, for one, am very happy with my purchase

However, if anybody could give me a 'walk through' on how to set up my hotmail.co.uk email account i would be very grateful. Both my gmail.com and me.com accounts were an absolute doddle to get up and running but i just can't seem to set up my hotmail account Can anyone help me with this please?
jcwhite_uk
Sony Xperia Z1
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-24 20:43
I finally decided that I think I like the iPhone with its new features. Pity its just way to expensive for me.
Checkout my photos at My Website

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 20:44
with hotmail/windows live you need to subscribe to a 3rd party service that gives you pop3/smtp access to the hotmail
I don't use it but I heard izymail is a common choice
then its just a matter of choosing "other" when adding an email account and enter the settings you are provided by the 3rd party service

I also bumped into this the other day and bookmarked it, though I haven't read through it yet but it looks like it might be useful

edit: oh, and of course there's an app: mBox
[ This Message was edited by: masseur on 2009-06-24 19:46 ]
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 22:05

On 2009-06-24 20:06:56, Topscooby wrote:
I've jumped on the iphone 'bandwagon' really late as this 3Gs model is my first
However, in the very short time iv'e owned it (from launch day) iv'e grown very fond of it indeed. It is intuitative and the os is extreamly pleasing to use. I, for one, am very happy with my purchase

However, if anybody could give me a 'walk through' on how to set up my hotmail.co.uk email account i would be very grateful. Both my gmail.com and me.com accounts were an absolute doddle to get up and running but i just can't seem to set up my hotmail account Can anyone help me with this please?

Go to add account, in mail,contact and calenders, then click on other when it comes to email set up.
enter your name, email address and password, and then click on save.
you will then go to the page that says IMAP or POP at the top. Make sure POP is blue.
You will notice the first 3 fields already filled in with your name email addy and maybe the description.

The incoming mail server details will be:
HOST NAME: pop3.live.com
USERNAME: your hotmail email address
PASSWORD: your email password. if you see the blue dots already in this box, delete it and re-enter hotmail password.

The outgoing mail server info:
HOST NAME: smtp.live.com
PASSWORD: your email password. if you see the blue dots already in this box, delete it and re-enter hotmail password.

click on save finally, now your hotmail account will be set up
garlic_bread
T250 Silver
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 22:19

Go to add account, in mail,contact and calenders, then click on other when it comes to email set up.
enter your name, email address and password, and then click on save.
you will then go to the page that says IMAP or POP at the top. Make sure POP is blue.
You will notice the first 3 fields already filled in with your name email addy and maybe the description.

The incoming mail server details will be:
HOST NAME: pop3.live.com

The outgoing mail server info:
HOST NAME: smtp.live.com

click on save finally, now your hotmail account will be set up

Can not get it to work
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 22:20
garlic_bread what error message are you getting? also what stage are you getting the error message? Oh also to add to my previous post. Its best doing this set up by using the network and not using wifi connection.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 22:25
@Mr Miyagi,

well there you go! I just tried to setup my hotmail account but didn't have to enter all those settings

I just had to enter Name, address, password and description

after doing that I got the following display

however when I clicked next it had automatically setup all the pop3/smtp details and going into the email app I can see all my emails fine.

I'm pretty sure I don't have a hotmail plus account, although I use to but I'm not paying money for it anymore?
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 22:28
masseur sorry i forgot to mention. the above settings are for people who have the hotmail.co.uk address. Most of the hotmail.com address's you don't need to enter the details I gave. Maybe its an american and apple thing, not sure though. however for hotmail.co.uk user's the information above should work.
masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 22:29
ah, right. I'm just puzzled why its working when I'm pretty sure I don't pay for it.
its why I didn't mention it in my original reply to this question because I thought it was something like US$20 annual subscription for the plus service?
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-24 22:33
it is strange. not seen anyone else with that message masseur. I would check the card that you used to originally pay for it, to make sure hotmail have not renewed your subscription.

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi