Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > WiFi Broken on c905. Any ideas?

Previous  12
Author WiFi Broken on c905. Any ideas?
yea g
C905 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2009-06-20 03:12
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Huh... Funny you mention that because the wifi/bluetooth antenna and microchip are right behind the fastport and memorycard slot.
From the dissassebly manual

EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-20 05:15
Thanks for responding. I'm really hoping it is a software issue and not a hardware issue. I can't send my c905 in for a month to to two months for repair service. Do you think reformatting the card would help? Or in your opinions is it a hardware issue? The bluetooth works perfectly. Do they use the same antennae?
Hello, Exactly!-Eddie Adams a.k.a. Dirk Diggler a.k.a. Brock Landers. Boogie Nights.
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-20 17:58
Yes I have again been able to repeat it. WiFi worked fine until my memory card was inserted. After that, the WiFi ceases to function with or without the memory card in.....Going to send it in as it seems I am the only one experiencing this problem. 30----------------------------------------------------------------60 DAYS! WooHoo SE AMERICA!
Hello, Exactly!-Eddie Adams a.k.a. Dirk Diggler a.k.a. Brock Landers. Boogie Nights.
Marly
Apple iPhone 6
PM
Posted: 2009-06-20 21:30

On 2009-06-11 18:57:21, EddieAdams wrote:
Also my MAC address is all 0000's i just noticed.....

Have you tried to restore the phone's MAC address ? I remember reading on a Dutch forum about a C905i which had a MAC address with only zeroes after flashing the firmware. Using WiFi also wasn't possible with this phone.
"America: please don’t be a Dumpfkopf"
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-20 22:51
Thanks for the suggestion Marly. Even when the MAC address wasn't all zeroes, after it had been, still the WiFi wasn't functioning. I have since sent the phone in today.
jeebus444
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-22 11:46
From you posting your log, your CID would be 1214-7311 R12A. I'm not sure whether this the CID from pre-flashing, or post-flashing.
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-22 21:32
Thanks jeebus. That is post-flash software info. Thought there might be a way to find my original on the phone or box....
goodchild
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-07 22:15
Hello Eddie.
I`ve got the same problem. I`m from eastern Europe. Your post here is the only mention on this problem I`ve found.
What was the end of the story?
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-08 01:28
Goodchild, I sent the phone in to SE. They returned it "unable to reproduce my problem". Seems all they did was a re-install of the software. First thing I checked was the WiFi and of course it didn't work. Just keeps searching and searching....... Re-installed the software(again) and the Wifi worked as I have come to expect. Once I disconnected and then tried to reconnect I experienced the same "endless search" problem. Took video of the problem. Got right on the phone with SE and sent it back. If it is not fixed this time I expect a new handset at that point. Phone will have been in repair for close to a month by the time I receive it back the second time....... It sucks bad enough when you get a faulty handset. Unlike in Europe thogh we can't just go to the corner shop and get a new one. SE America is making it impossible to be a SE user/fan here in the states..... "a" versions NEVER get released for unlocked purchase, none of the SE phones make it to carriers, just sucks...
goodchild
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-07-08 09:55
Thanks man. I`ll also try to send it to service. With the detailed problem description.
kyrgyz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-10-02 16:38
i am having very same problem with my C905....

reflashed 10 times my phone and no result! if i make manual setup sometimes it starts to find but when i turn it off again just searching without finding

once i flashed only main file without FS ... and like that it was working without problem.. but of course menu was like R255:312434, icons were very stupid...

help us! please
kyrgyz
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-10-02 18:28
Yahoooooooooooooo my wifi started to work withou problem

I reflashed with A2 tool. firstly i flashed only C905_R1BA042_FS_C-ASIA_RED52.fbn
finalized it. switched on. used a while. but wifi was not working...
flashed after that C905_R1BA042_MAIN_GENERIC_SI_RED52.mbn

and now working!

but i want the last firmware why new firmware stucks with wifi i couldnt undrstand.
hardon
Aino Black
PM
Posted: 2009-12-07 20:55
what you mean you reflashed? i am from estonia and i have the sam problem. my problem also started after updating my phone software and i have all the same staff like you. how you reflash (or something like that)? sorry for my bad english, this isn't my motherlanguage
antoni077
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-12-11 10:17
Hello!
I have the same problem with my c905. It is searching for wifi but never found. I have update the SW with latest one from SE official site, but the problem wasn't solved.
Could you please advise what I should to do?
Where can I find SW for flashing? What does it mean,- flashing?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi