Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Does anyone actually believe in man made warming, and why?

Author Does anyone actually believe in man made warming, and why?
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-18 15:17
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
They just reported on BBC News this afternoon about climate change. They are saying that predictions are now that the south and east of the UK will become more dryer and warmer. The midlands to the west of the UK will become wetter. We may have dryer summers and wetter winters. But still this is perhaps a natural cycle and even years ago in 1976 in the UK we had a drought since then we only had half of one. I was 4 when we had that drought i actually remember my dad stocking up buckets of water outside the back door of our house.
Phone?? What phone??
fluke9
Samsung Galaxy S III
PM
Posted: 2009-06-18 15:49

On 2009-06-18 15:17:00, Bonovox wrote:
They just reported on BBC News this afternoon about climate change. They are saying that predictions are now that the south and east of the UK will become more dryer and warmer. The midlands to the west of the UK will become wetter. We may have dryer summers and wetter winters. But still this is perhaps a natural cycle and even years ago in 1976 in the UK we had a drought since then we only had half of one. I was 4 when we had that drought i actually remember my dad stocking up buckets of water outside the back door of our house.

I was at secondary school back then used to do half days it was so hot.

Down here Thames Water put a hose pipe ban on at the slightest bit of dry weather.

Global Warming ??? Pah !!!

Just another way to fleece the tax payer for more money.
michka
Sony Xperia E1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-19 04:00

On 2009-06-18 15:17:00, Bonovox wrote:

One of the main problems for UK is that because of the climate change, the Jet Stream (you know, the very strong air stream that goes around the earth at high speed at about 10-15 km altitude such that travelling from the US to Europe takes one or two hours less than going the other way around) is now flowing more to the south. It used to flow north of Scotland but now sometimes it flows above south of UK. And the Jet Stream is responsible for most of the tornados. So that now, instead of happening north of scotland, they more often happen above the UK. And sometimes even far more to the south as what happened some years ago through France.
Now this being said, I think it is the last time I post in this thread, because I do not discuss with people who only reason on the basis of "I believe" or "I think" without taking into account what is objectively observed and measured.
[ This Message was edited by: michka on 2009-06-19 03:00 ]
Pedestrian: don't run, my car is faster anyway.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi