Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Does anyone actually believe in man made warming, and why?

Author Does anyone actually believe in man made warming, and why?
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 17:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
in relation to this thread:
http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=186070#post2680797
i thought we could open up a separate thread.

so, what is the evidence that man is warming the planet? also, how reliable is the evidence?
[ This Message was edited by: Brightspark on 2009-06-05 16:29 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 19:07
Well yes and no. I believe we are perhaps speeding things up with our pollution. But also the earth has a natural climate change over millions of years anyway. No one has given us solid evidence as yet. For years we have always had spells of really hot weather then spells of wet or cold weather. Its swings and roundabouts. But some interesting point has been made about our past 2 summers which have been nothing but rain rain rain. It could be that if the ice caps are melting more rain or water is in the atmosphere. So more wet summers and warmer wetter winters. I dont know its all quite confusing. Dont believe in the green taxes crap though I aint paying that crap.
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 19:30
Well concerning the doubter - is it really a gamble that you feel happy taking?

"Oh look, it was man-made afterall. I guess we should have acted when we had the chance, eh? Now lets get back in our cool caves quick before our skin blisters again"
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 19:38

On 2009-06-05 19:30:20, goldenface wrote:
Well concerning the doubter - is it really a gamble that you feel happy taking?

"Oh look, it was man-made afterall. I guess we should have acted when we had the chance, eh? Now lets get back in our cool caves quick before our skin blisters again"

i may go out tomorrow and get run over by a bus. there is convincing evidence for it - presence of a main road, high fatality rates on the roads, higher incidence of drunken driving on a saturday, etc.

the difference between getting run over by a bus and global warming is:
-there is convincing evidence that it's possible for me to get run over by a bus tomorrow, whereas the evidence for man made warming is weak at best.
-the initiative to combat so called global warming will cost trillions and trillions and trillions.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 19:48
So much of our gasses(burp excuse me)get sucked up by so many things anyway. Sorry I really just dont buy most of it. I aint worrying. If its going to end tomorrow there really is not much we can do to stop it. Is the world seriously going to stop ever producing pollution. NO. Will our pathetic efforts to minimise the impact do any good. NO. Say the UK cuts its total pollution over the coming years. China and America will just double what we already cut. The 2 biggest polluters are not going to shrink or reduce much are they cos population is growing all the time. So what we cut they more than double it. Meaning total waste of time. I do my recycling though which I believe is good lol
Phone?? What phone??
goldenface
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 19:51
Trillions and Trillions? So whats that? Sounds like the amount some developed countries spend on defence.

I don't understand how people think there can be no ill-effects from burning millions of tonnes of fossil fuels every year for almost two hundred years. I mean, how can the earth's atmosphere NOT be affected by that?
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2009-06-05 18:59 ]
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 20:04

On 2009-06-05 19:51:21, goldenface wrote:
Trillions and Trillions? So whats that? Sounds like the amount some developed countries spend on defence.

I don't understand how people think there can be no ill-effects from burning millions of tonnes of fossil fuels every year for almost two hundred years. I mean, how can the earth's atmosphere NOT be affected by that?
[ This Message was edited by: goldenface on 2009-06-05 18:59 ]

because the earth has lots of lots of negative feedback built in. there has never been runaway global warming in the earth's 4.5 billion year history, so something as miniscule as fossil fuel burning is nothing to the earth.
blerk
T100
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 20:05
This whole buying back carbon footprint stuff by planting trees is a load of crock, a lot of these "forests" will exist as long as the locals leave them up, and once they cut them down the CO2 is back in the air. It is mostly politics and not science. There is no repeatable scenario that proofs CO2 is responsible for warming up the planet and as long as thas is the case I prefer to believe the Sun spot theory, the whole CO2 movement is like the global warming swindle documentary says; a religion. The earth has had a lot of temperature changes, lots of them were before humans were around. And if it is CO2 as they want us to believe then why aren't we doing something the oceans and animals since they put out much more CO2 than we do?
A To Z Feedback: [+18] - [-0]
thomas93
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 20:38
CO2 Emissions in the last 100-200 years have increased extremely dramatically, at the same time the tempreture has been slowly rising. Could be a scary coincidence or the truth. But one things for sure, since 200 (As far back as my accurate recolelctions go) no two years haven been the same weather wise.
(+10 -0) WoRld Tour
7 User!
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 20:48

On 2009-06-05 20:38:47, thomas93 wrote:
CO2 Emissions in the last 100-200 years have increased extremely dramatically, at the same time the tempreture has been slowly rising. Could be a scary coincidence or the truth. But one things for sure, since 200 (As far back as my accurate recolelctions go) no two years haven been the same weather wise.

temps aren't rising anymore. also, temps started to rise before co2 started to rise BEFORE the industrial revolution. note also that we are only just recovering from the Litle Ice Age.
i see nothing unnatural.
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 20:54
Ok take sea level rises for instance. I have already done this test. Have you ever noticed when you put ice cubes in a cold drink? When they melt in the drink does the amount of water in the glass suddenly over spill the top? No. Never seen it happen so the ice caps melting probably wont raise sea levels imo. Forests are being chopped down but they are being protected too & its a vital source for soaking up CO2. Also peat & bog you see in the countryside that also soaks up CO2 believe it or not. We have had the hottest dryest summers then wettest ones on record in our lifetime. Whats changed its probably happened years brfore our time too because the earth has a natural cycle of weather patterns since time began. Nothing we can do to stop that. Just as we cant stop earthquakes tornados hurricanes man cant stop these things its mother nature. The earth changes all the time for all we know the next ice age could happen soon nobody really knows but our level of pollution cannot be reversed though yes we can use renewable energy & so called green energy but its not enough to survive on. Correct me if im wrong anyone but its my view
Phone?? What phone??
p900 lover
W960
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 20:58
The world will not end, we simply will...

Then when things go back to normal organisms will eventually develop and so on.

I do think global warming is an issue but its an issue the GLOBE need to tackle and not single countries with their policies.
michka
Sony Xperia E1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 21:05

On 2009-06-05 20:48:59, Brightspark wrote:

temps aren't rising anymore. also, temps started to rise before co2 started to rise BEFORE the industrial revolution. note also that we are only just recovering from the Litle Ice Age.
i see nothing unnatural.

I don't know where you got that information, as it is simply not true!
Pedestrian: don't run, my car is faster anyway.
Brightspark
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 21:24

On 2009-06-05 21:05:01, michka wrote:

On 2009-06-05 20:48:59, Brightspark wrote:

i see nothing unnatural.

I don't know where you got that information, as it is simply not true!

what part isn't true?
michka
Sony Xperia E1
PM
Posted: 2009-06-05 21:43
That the temp is not rising anymore. It is still rising, slowly but not slowlier than for the past decades, and we can see it by various means like ice melting, very large migrations of several animal species to colder waters and colder land, the increase in the number and intensity of the cyclones, the drop in productivity for the farmer in the center of the US combined with an increase of productivity in Siberia, etc. and of course temp measurements.

Sorry man, but I now have to go out, so see you later.
Pedestrian: don't run, my car is faster anyway.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi