Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Is the LG Arena better then the I Phone?

Previous  12
Author Is the LG Arena better then the I Phone?
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2009-04-04 14:34
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Nice of you to keep on quoting my opinion of the Arenas browser that I had after using it for just one hour, likewise if I had an I Phone instead I would have said the same thing, plus I would have probably thrown the piece of trash out of the window as well.

As to you saying there is no mention of the I Phone in the video, I wouldnt be too sure, but wouldnt 'Clunky I Glass' be a reference to a feature on the I Phones browser?
And I am definately going to respect to opinion of someone who has bothered to spend their time making a video review of a Phone rather then listen to anything that you say.

Just what do you get out of replying to everything I say? The I Phone is crap. I know it, plenty of others know it, and there is nothing you can do or say to change our opinions.
[ This Message was edited by: Bhavv on 2009-04-04 13:38 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-04-04 15:08

On 2009-04-04 14:34:17, Bhavv wrote:
As to you saying there is no mention of the I Phone in the video, I wouldnt be too sure, but wouldnt 'Clunky I Glass' be a reference to a feature on the I Phones browser?

No! Delightful, but no. Partly because he said eyeglass rather than "I Glass", and partly because there's no such thing as an "I Glass" on the iPhone or, as far as I know, any other phone

And I am definately going to respect to opinion of someone who has bothered to spend their time making a video review of a Phone rather then listen to anything that you say.

Absolutely, I really think you should, after all that video completely pastes the Arena's browser and mentions lag on the rest of the phone too. Not good. Still, you're still in the cooling off period I guess.

Just what do you get out of replying to everything I say?

Just the satisfaction that in some small way, I'm helping others.
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2009-04-04 15:26
You think you are helping others by defending every critisism about the I Phone, yet running around critisising the LG Arena yourself?

It is clearly evident that hardly anyone here agrees with what you say, nor care about the I Phone hype anymore, we know you love your I Phone, good for you.

We however need a much better and capable handset, and we need it now, not whenever Apple decide to release it.
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-04-04 15:35

On 2009-04-04 15:26:15, Bhavv wrote:
You think you are helping others by defending every critisism about the I Phone, yet running around critisising the LG Arena yourself?

Criticising? I'm just referring to the comments made in the review which you posted up here, Bhavv. I haven't anything about the Arena that isn't either an objective fact or demonstrated in that video. And despite what you relentlessly imply I don't defend every criticism of the iPhone either, I just point out where you've gotten it wrong.

The Arena is a perfectly fine feature phone for 2009. It's right up there, I can quite believe that between it and LG's other products it'll carve up SE's marketshare, for example. But is not comparable to the iPhone, and it's your constant folly to keep making that comparison, when all you do is demonstrate such a poor understanding of what the iPhone even is.
Barachus
W800
PM
Posted: 2009-04-04 15:41
eyeglass to I-Glass, now that is priceless

i cant take this guy seriously anymore
Bhavv
Nokia Lumia 920
PM
Posted: 2009-04-04 15:45
I know exactly what am I Phone is, a Phone, an I Pod, and an Internet Communication Device right?

Every other phone is a phone. Just about Every other phone plays MP3s, and just about every other phone has a web browser.

Any phone with these three features can be compared against the I Phone, because they have the same features.
se_love
K800 Brown
PM
Posted: 2009-04-04 20:53
Exactly its the same as every phone just with less specs but more idiots that follow it cause it is supposedly so damn amazing. Also i know thisa was used before somewhere but i agree with it
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1899978
The damn i phone came out of nowhere acting as a hot shot like nothing can beat it when oh so many can beat it.
[ This Message was edited by: se_love on 2009-04-04 20:05 ]
e00c
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-04-08 23:00
I just read the majority of the thread then thought i'd register.

My Arena came on monday. No problems with it what so ever.

Nice to look at.
Touch is very responsive.
Browser works GREAT.
I have no problem zooming in.... however links can be difficult to click at times.

[quote="Boinng"]The Arena won't have apps because its OS isn't open - there's no SDK[/quote]

Your wrong... LG ARE realeasing an App store in the 2nd Quater this year. I researched all of this before I choose this phone. Aswell as support developers.

I've tested several touch phones recently... didnt get chance to test this.. but now i've got it - it's bleeding fantastic!

anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-04-09 00:08

On 2009-04-08 23:00:09, e00c wrote:
Your wrong... LG ARE realeasing an App store in the 2nd Quater this year. I researched all of this before I choose this phone. Aswell as support developers

Well that would be very big news and could potentially be a major factor here, if LG's "S class" UI is genuinely going to be pushed as a new smartphone OS alongside the likes of Windows Mobile, Symbian, Iphone, Android etc. Strange that it's not been mentioned at all in any of the reviews I've read. Care to share a link or two to your research?
Mr Miyagi
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2009-04-09 01:27
Has anyone elses Arena phone crashed on them? Am not liking this phone at all. It's so awful. Crashed on me 4 times already. And this is my 2nd replacement. The the touch screen is awful bit slow and the Internet is no where as good as my friends iPhone. Tut should have bought a iPhone of should just stick to makin tv's.
SloopJohnB
K750
PM
Posted: 2009-04-09 02:41
What´s funny in all this is that Bhavv is always trying to prove his phone is ´better´ than the iphone, instead of trying to prove his phone is any good at all. What seems to be important to him is not the quality of his phone but he fact that to him is better than the IPHONE (wow, iphone, the monster in everybodies´ dreams). Why is this comparison relevant? LG Arena is not in the same segment as the iphone. iPhone is a smartphone and LG Arena is a ´dumby´ phone. People looking for megapixels, pretty UI and screen will get an Arena and people looking for a smartphone with very good UI will get an iphone. These aren´t the same people. This is totally wrong.
e00c
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-04-09 10:02
[quote="Boinng"]
Well that would be very big news and could potentially be a major factor here, if LG's "S class" UI is genuinely going to be pushed as a new smartphone OS alongside the likes of Windows Mobile, Symbian, Iphone, Android etc. Strange that it's not been mentioned at all in any of the reviews I've read. Care to share a link or two to your research?
[/quote]

[quote="fiercedeveloper.com"]16 Feb 2009 ... Other new entrants in the app store derby: Handset maker LG Electronics, which said it will debut an application storefront during the second quarter, ... Samsung said it is still "planning internally" on releasing an ...[/quote]

I'm just getting LG to resend the e-mail they sent me

-----------------

Mr Miyagi - mines not crashed once (touch wood). My touch is really really responsive... I thought it would atleast lag at times... it does slightly when im "multi tasking".

............. uhmm quotes aint working... whats the codes for this forum?
[ This Message was edited by: e00c on 2009-04-09 09:04 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2009-04-09 10:52
On 2009-04-09 10:02:58, e00c wrote:
quote="fiercedeveloper.com"16 Feb 2009 ... Other new entrants in the app store derby: Handset maker LG Electronics, which said it will debut an application storefront during the second quarter, ... Samsung said it is still "planning internally" on releasing an ...

I'm just getting LG to resend the e-mail they sent me

Okay - but assuming that's an Appstore for LG's own propietary OS which the Arena runs, and not something for Windows Mobile (for which LG have have committed to in a big way with plans announced for at least 26 WM mobiles over the next few years), aren't they leaving it a little late to be quitetly launching a whole new development platform later on this year, when the likes of iPhone OS and Android have gained so much traction already, and the older OSs like Symbian and WinMo are trying to muscle back into the game as well?

Perhaps it's actually just a collection of Java applets and games, dressed up like an App store - which would be nice but well, not exactly game changing.

............. uhmm quotes aint working... whats the codes for this forum?

You can't put names in the quote tag here (eg {quote=Boinng} doesn't work), you just have to use the "{quote}Posted by Boinng: Blah blah{/quote} - but with the square brackets obviously.
[ This Message was edited by: Boinng on 2009-04-09 09:59 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi