Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > is that possible ! C905 - what the hell is wrong with this camera?

Author is that possible ! C905 - what the hell is wrong with this camera?
panonski
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-27 14:44
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
OK,

NOW I WILL POST some pics from MY K750i

[ This Message was edited by: panonski on 2008-12-27 14:09 ]
Sator1973
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-27 16:40
Yes, those pics are relatively good, and again, because I think the sensor-lense ratio is better in K750 than in C905. C905 has too much pixels for it's sensor. So it needs a very aggresive software for post-processing.
If I want a photo printed 3 feet wide, I'll make sure I shot it with a decently sensored camera.
Well, at least I can shoot very nice close-ups with my C702 and N1's driver, and the other snapshots are nice enough for memories.
I would advise to try some more drivers. N1's driver improves my C702 a lot. It's not bad at all compared to old fashioned analog snapshot cams. Sometimes a bit of noise suits the picture.
http://picasaweb.google.com/l[....]KaX9_hPV-tH0LA?feat=directlink
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-27 17:03
Well you shouldn't have posted K750 photos because we all know how good they are in general conditions. On the flip side, have you seen some samples of C905 pics on its general forum? There are some really good ones. But I wouldn't rely on it for photo quality - it has other functions that suit my needs well although I have to agree that since C905 is marketed as a camera phone, it should make above average pics. But that's the woe of marketing I guess.

Like Sator said, the lens is just too small; it doesn't gather enough light which seems to be the case with all A200 Cyber-shots.
Nokia 3520 > 6600 > W800i > W890i > C702 > C905 > BB 9500 > Samsung INNOV8
panonski
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-27 17:41
I'm very glad that U comments this photos. In fact thisi is the main reason why they are here.

Look carefully, simply cannot resist to compare them with C905.

Victim here in this MOBILe is unfortunately PHOTO quality. Firmware doesn't suit to well
to 8.1 MP, and I certainly hope so, this is not the end. I like photo moments, and I'm good in that. One thing I hate, bring to much with myself.

Camera and phone, suit to me, like fish in the water.

p.s.

Sport Mode - ugliest pic of all of them. Don't shoot with this mode, except on sunny day.

Document Mode - Brightness of all, not bad.

Best results with truly color ( pretty same in real of my space ) I was get from "Fluorescent" , and minimum noise with "Portret in the Dark"

I'm spying on number1, and raiderski, shall they create somethin new, but it seems, they don't have easiest ride to do that this time.

p.p.s.

I really don't know where are the simple modes from K750 without this shitty modes for idiots. I must guessing every time what they meaning by

"landscape in the dark".
amnher
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 08:07
@ panonski those pics are good from k750i, are those default driver? or modded ones?
panonski
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 13:07
original firmware and driver
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 13:29

On 2008-12-27 02:53:19, panonski wrote:
look here.

The juice in glass particularly. Do you see some kind of strange efekt in it?

Like "solarize", but pic is in normal mode obviously.

That effect is some kind of bug noise. When the light conditions are just a little bit poor, this software doesn't do a god job with pic.

What's wrong with the pic? Is the fact that you haven't focused on the glass of juice bothering you?
panonski
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 13:46
don't understand?

Look the pixelize shadow side on the glass where the light is mix with shadow.

Do you see some strange efekt, which is look like U turn the mode "solarize".

I have not seen such a thing before on pics in normal mode.
NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 13:55
Maybe you should post a 100% crop...
panonski
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 14:14
maybe U should watch it more carefully

But it's visible already. There's no need. And if it so visible now, how visible wolud be in crop? Afraid to think.

And it is not my photo.... It is pic from our member who post it couple of weeks ago... of course, it was shoot with C905
marty mcfly
Z770 Red
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 14:19
I see a very, very small amount of noise. But this is kind of going round in circles. A cameraphone will always have noise of some kind in poor light, it's unavoidable. I'm willing to bet in the same poor light, the K750 wouldn't have done much better. I had the W810i with the same camera module, so I'm pretty experienced with what it could, and could not do. i.e, Daytime, fantastic! Indoors with Poor Light? Forget it.
panonski
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 18:58
You're absolutely right in one thing. It's a problem. But WHY.. Well, it is not so much less light in this photo to make such a noise in a little area of the glass shadow.

I wondered how is possible to make any kind of better pic ( at least then the K800 or C902 ) with these firmware or camdriver?

Come on Raider ! Come on Number1... U can do it

Firmware is obviously big problem here. To much noise reduction,
stupid ( read "intuitive" ) shoot modes, in which you can't find any of photographic attributes such is, for example, very important shutter speed, or aperture ( i wonder does it exist - probably not)

It's so stupid. I make 200 photos just to try this modes, to see effects of all of them. Sport is worst one in noise. I cannot believe my own eyes what noise was on that pic. (I will post it right now)

In dark (or room light) I can't make my settings, I must be satisfied with stupid intuitive mode, which does not let me to change sistem of focusing, or switch it on macro, if I chosen "landscape in dark" Or "Portret in dark".

"Document mode" have only macro, "Landscape in dark" have only infinity. Superb camera I must confess.

If someone from Sony Ericsson read this, I would be much happier.

Cause, any changes which will came from them, should be more photographic, and less "intuitive"...

[ This Message was edited by: panonski on 2008-12-28 18:10 ]
panonski
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 19:41
SPORT MODE

CROP

NightBlade
Sony Xperia T
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 20:44
sport mode

Not too bad, having in mind that this mode increases both brightness and noise.
panonski
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-28 21:08
It's embarrassing .... In every pic which is not on full day light or flash, noise is like snow on screen.

I wonder what they're thinking .... Certainly, I live only in daylight.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic