Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > is that possible ! C905 - what the hell is wrong with this camera?

Author is that possible ! C905 - what the hell is wrong with this camera?
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-02 01:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Cameras on phones are just that, an added bonus. The camera on C905 happens to take some decent daily snaps, sometimes better than others and sometimes worse. So what I'd say is that the OP expected too much out of the C905. Well I myself bought it primarily for the solid design (IMO) and Wi-Fi, and I was just pleased that the camera is not that bad. I'm not a professional photographer, I just understand a VERY small bit of photography, so I didn't see why C905 won't suit my needs. But I guess the OP was just bored
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2009-05-02 07:40

On 2009-05-02 01:31:19, gtr83 wrote:
Cameras on phones are just that, an added bonus.

Sony Ericsson wants you to think that the camera is more than an added bonus. That's why these are branded Cyber-shot.

But the reality is just as you say. It will take still a few more years before camera phones will replace even the most basic digicams. Even my six year old 3 MP Olympus D-560 is tough competition to the C905. Why? Because of sensor type and size and most importantly the size of the lens. The phone makers need to stop fitting the camphones with pinhole-sized lenses!
If I were to buy a camphone to replace my pocket-sized digicam then I wouldn't mind if the camphone was just as large as the digicam.
gtr83
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2009-05-02 10:02
That's why I hate Nokia, they carry the same pretenses (except for the powerful Symbian engine under the hoods) but pack it in an awfully designed case (IMO)!

Well if you don't mind carrying a large brick that can make really usable pics and is also capable of texting, calling, browsing etc I'd have to agree with you. Boys' toys are supposed to be oversized.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Goto page:
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic