Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > X1, Bold or iPhone 3g?

Author X1, Bold or iPhone 3g?
justus333
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 18:04
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Well, maybe I should have gone a bit more in detail with my comment before as it seems to have stirred some totally unnecessary "fanboy" discussion.

Im a Fanboy! Of Sony Ericsson! Thatīs why I bought (being totally happy with the IPhone) the X1 as it seemed the first really worthwhile offer from Sony/// for my specific needs. As it turned out, it didnīt, just because Iīve gotten so used to the specific goodies the IPhone has to offer. I thought the X1 could cater to the things I was missing on the Iphone and it actually can, but it seems that the IPhone indeed has changed the way many people use their mobiles, so I found out that I can not go back to a phone thatīs less "fingertouchfriendly" than the IPhone, even if it has all the goodies the X1 has. I then wrote my comment because I myself was trying to get some user information about direct comparison between the 2 devices and couldnīt find them. Because if I had, i would not of bought the x1 first place
I think the X1 is a great device but the Iphone still is unique and a truly revolutionary device that doesnīt allow me to go back to good oleīSony///
Maybe itīs time for me to say goodbye to a Sony/// Forum and join the IPhone crowd but Im a sentimental guy and still stick to you guys!
cyco
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 19:09
dont get me wrong i love sony ericsson and nevr bought another brand... however i got the x1 recently and its a peice of art, yet there are many soiftware issues, i returned it and waiting for the black c905 as its out of stock... if u really want an x1 wait a few months untill they release an update...

sometimes it freezes.
its too slow wen switching betwen panels,
sometimes wen trying to find a number and u press backspace it doesnt work,
contatcs doesnt load up sometimes and u have to reset the device

just has many bugs... most of my freinds have the bold and they say its really good no complaints..
WhyBe
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-17 19:39

On 2008-12-17 17:59:23, Boinng wrote:
but WhyBe, I was ony expressing my full and sincere agreement!

Good for you Boinng!
I had a feeling that you like xy power too!

@Justus333:
Dont't be alarmed, you haven't stirred anything. You were very clear and I totally agreed with your first point. The guys guarding you were a little over-zealous in defending your point though. They were reading things that weren't there. The "Crickets and frogs" were because there was no way for your point to be outdone by someone counterattacking about "features." IOW, you ended the show.

In hindsight, I should've been more clear.
Svedge
X1 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-12-18 04:49

On 2008-12-17 17:51:03, C905 wrote:
If you want fun and intertainment on so on, then Iphone 3G is the way to go.
Going for X1 are the qwerty-keyboard and better featureset, but then you wont have a nice UI and a big screen
As for the Blackberry, I really can't comment, because we don't have them in Denmark

Not totally right . You can install TouchFlo 3D for a better UI, it works pretty well even if its still beta. In reality the X1 has a "bigger" screen if you look at the resolution, 480 x 320 (Iphone) vs. 800 x 480 (X1).

With Iphone, you will also be iLocked, Apple hates giving their customers freedom. Thats my biggest reason for staying far away from Apple, I would rather have a deal with the Devil than Apple.
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-18 05:19
can you jail break the 3G? If so that seems the best way to go. I'd love it if someone did up a fully working touch interface linux distro for the iphone 3G, now THAT would be interesting

re: previous poster - I don't actually like touchflo that much - to me it comes no where near the iphone in touch user friendliness.

I haven't seen yet a touch interface for WM that motivates me to discard the stylus.
MWEB
Xperia X10 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-18 11:20
Agree Max, all variants of Tflo leave much to be desired, if the UI is your be all and end all, then the iphone is still way ahead.
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi