Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Debranding Orange C905

Author Debranding Orange C905
jumbocod
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-05 18:07
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I am soon going to debrand my Orange C905 and I have a quick question about the Icons on the main menu.

After I have debranded I understand that the naff orange icons will be gone. Does this include Orange World icon too? Will this get replaced with the SE internet icon?

I have seen a couple of themes on an o2 phone (dusk and morning glisten I think) which have their own icon style but on my Orange C905 I still get the Orange icons and the option to use the icon from the theme is disabled!

If I debrand and used one of these themes I don't want to be left with a mixture of orange and SE icons.

Can anyone post a piccy of the icons on these themes after debranding an Orange C905?

Thanks
totalgsm
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-12-05 18:41
Once you have debranded, there won't be any more orange stuff.
It will be completely orange free.
Visit www.totalgsm.org for Remote and Instant unlocking and Debranding services for all Sony Ericsson Phones. Visit forum www.totalgsm.org/forum
scook94
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-12-05 18:44
Except for a "Welcome To Orange" pop-up when the phone is switched on, which seems to be related to the SIM... Apart from that what he said ^^^
yorkiex
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-05 20:10
If you want to debrand it for free and feel a little tech minded then try this way which i found on topsony and it worked for me

First of all, i dont have any credit for this method. I was helped by several users ( Thanks ! ) and i decided to make a guide to help.

This is an A2 Debrand Tutorial

Software Required:
- A2uploader ( google search )
- Sony Ericsson Update Service ( Comes with the phone CD, or download on SonyEricsson website )
- Notepad ( Comes with Windows ... )

Note: On some Sony Ericsson Models, you have to press 2+5 instead of C.

Recommended Step: (For Users with Phone Warranty)
- You will need to identify your CDA to Debrand again your phone in case you need to take it to Warranty.
- Turn Off your phone and remove the battery and put it again.
- Connect the USB cable to the phone and Press C button.
- Execute A2uploader on your computer, and press the identify button:

- Then plug in your USB cable to the computer, and should appear a text like this:

- Save that number on CDA-Article
- Follow the next steps:

Step 1:
- You need to switch your phone CDA to a Generic CDA, this makes SEUS to update to the debranded firmware.
( for people who want to restore the phone "Recommended Step", in cda number on xml, copy the one you got from A2uploader )

http://www.4shared.com/file/7[....]f30dbec/customize_upgrade.html

download the above file and unrar itas i have already made the file (which is for western europe uk) for you to use

Step 2:
- Execute A2uploader and press the FileSystemTool button:

- Go to tpa/preset/custom directory and drag the customize_upgrade.xml to there (after copy, check if it is there):

- Press Stop button on A2uploader, and Quit

Step 3:
- Turn on the phone, to (in other words) install the new CDA.
- Turn off the phone

Step 4:
- Execute Sony Ericsson Update Service, and press Start button:

- Choose your phone type and click continue: (In picture, im using SE C905 for example)

- Choose your phone model and click continue: (In picture, im using SE C905 for example)

- Follow the program instructions:

- Then will appear your new firmware type, and u press continue: (In picture, im using SE C905 for example, western europe firmware)

- It will pop-up a window for you to confirm, you have to press Yes twice:

- Now you have to w8, for the process to finish:

- Congrats ! You have debranded your Sony Ericsson, disconnect the USB cable from the phone, remove battery and put it again, and turn on the phone. Enjoy

[ This Message was edited by: yorkiex on 2008-12-05 19:23 ]
childude
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-22 18:52

On 2008-12-05 20:10:09, yorkiex wrote:
If you want to debrand it for free and feel a little tech minded then try this way which i found on topsony and it worked for me

First of all, i dont have any credit for this method. I was helped by several users ( Thanks ! ) and i decided to make a guide to help.

This is an A2 Debrand Tutorial

Software Required:
- A2uploader ( google search )
- Sony Ericsson Update Service ( Comes with the phone CD, or download on SonyEricsson website )
- Notepad ( Comes with Windows ... )

Note: On some Sony Ericsson Models, you have to press 2+5 instead of C.

Recommended Step: (For Users with Phone Warranty)
- You will need to identify your CDA to Debrand again your phone in case you need to take it to Warranty.
- Execute A2uploader on your computer, and press the identify button:

- Then plug in your USB cable to the computer, and should appear a text like this:

- Save that number on CDA-Article
- Follow the next steps:

Step 1:
- You need to switch your phone CDA to a Generic CDA, this makes SEUS to update to the debranded firmware.
( for people who want to restore the phone "Recommended Step", in cda number on xml, copy the one you got from A2uploader )

http://www.4shared.com/file/7[....]f30dbec/customize_upgrade.html

download the above file and unrar itas i have already made the file (which is for western europe uk) for you to use

Step 2:
- Execute A2uploader and press the FileSystemTool button:

- Go to tpa/preset/custom directory and drag the customize_upgrade.xml to there (after copy, check if it is there):

- Press Stop button on A2uploader, and Quit

Step 3:
- Turn on the phone, to (in other words) install the new CDA.
- Turn off the phone

Step 4:
- Execute Sony Ericsson Update Service, and press Start button:

- Choose your phone type and click continue: (In picture, im using SE C905 for example)

- Choose your phone model and click continue: (In picture, im using SE C905 for example)

- Follow the program instructions:

- Then will appear your new firmware type, and u press continue: (In picture, im using SE C905 for example, western europe firmware)

- It will pop-up a window for you to confirm, you have to press Yes twice:

- Now you have to w8, for the process to finish:

- Congrats ! You have debranded your Sony Ericsson, disconnect the USB cable from the phone, remove battery and put it again, and turn on the phone. Enjoy

[ This Message was edited by: yorkiex on 2008-12-05 19:23 ]

Omg I have just joined this forum to simply thank you for such a thorough and precise tutorial! i cannot believe ym phone is totally debranded!! i love you! ha! merry xmas!
strizlow800
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-12-22 19:01
Well that procedure is for free flashing and debranding.. Great one.

Anyway, for people that doesn't want to torture themselves folowing tutorials and guides of everykind, you can use totalgsm. I think it's worth spending some euros.

www.totalgsm.com
Sony Ericsson software/hardware support!

Phone Flashing Tutorial (DB2020 CID49/51/52)
szs
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-23 16:58
Hey ive got so far as to plugging my phone into the update service thing but it says there are no updates for it so what can i do now?
JD UK
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-23 17:51
I would like to express my deepest thanks to all involved in devising this method. I thought the amount of brandnig on C905 from O2 would be relatively small, but then I noticed the softkey on standby had "O2" written above it and I thought to myself that they had gone one step too far. You have saved me £10 and helped me remove the branding from my phone, so thank you.
sludders
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-25 04:34
wow, i am also a brand new member just here to thank you. amazing, so simple and thoroughly detailed. have a fantastic xmas and take solace in the fact you have made someoe elses xmas extra great
lillewp
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-27 01:20
You know this geeza that just posted this is Very genorous! i want to say i love you and i would if you was a gyal
Shin2k35
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-30 16:54
Hi everyone. I received my C905 this afternoon and it was on the Orange network with those horrible Orange buttons.

After following the tutorial above I managed to get my phone debranded and looking great. Only small detail is the Orange logo on my phone case, but that's nothing to worry about.

This was a brand new phone out of the box and I had a small hitch, too. SEMCBOOT.

I followed the instructions at the bottom of page one in this thread

http://www.esato.com/board/viewtopic.php?topic=164419

After using device manager to install the drivers for the SEMCBOOT Flash utility I was up and running. I saved my CDA but I don't need it anymore as everything went great. Thanks to the OP who posted/shared this tutorial and stuff you to Orange for messing with my homescreen and menu buttons.
Nosphorus
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-30 18:04
Hey guys, first post here, just thought I'd ask the pros about debranding my new c905

Roight, I'm with orange, I've got the unlimited internet usage on my c905, but my phone is branded with all this horrible orange firmware, just a question, if I debrand my phone, will I lose all of the internet information required to access orange's internet server? I came here before about my N95, debranded it and lost my username/password required to access the internet, does anyone know a way where I could get this information off my phone or get everything sorted after it's been debranded?
tranced
LG Nexus 4
PM
Posted: 2008-12-30 18:09
yes you will lose all your data. you can get the internet settings from the orange website
I jay0726 | (+3, 0) | Clara, Evita, Mimmi & Victoria | My Pics | Do your job!
yorkiex
Satio Black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-30 18:10

On 2008-12-30 18:04:48, Nosphorus wrote:
Hey guys, first post here, just thought I'd ask the pros about debranding my new c905

Roight, I'm with orange, I've got the unlimited internet usage on my c905, but my phone is branded with all this horrible orange firmware, just a question, if I debrand my phone, will I lose all of the internet information required to access orange's internet server? I came here before about my N95, debranded it and lost my username/password required to access the internet, does anyone know a way where I could get this information off my phone or get everything sorted after it's been debranded?

go here and follow the instuctions http://setuporange.wdsglobal.com/index.html
Nosphorus
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-12-30 18:40
Awesome, cheers guys!

I've got the silver version of the phone, that's the only one they had when I phoned them up, does anyone know if I could take this down to one of their retail stores and exchange it for a black one?
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi