Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > SEMCBOOT driver needed

Author SEMCBOOT driver needed
foo_addict
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-05 21:47
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi there, scanned the internet for help on this problem but nothing has helped.

Trying to update/hard flash my k850i as it will no longer turn on past the "Please Wait" screen. When plugged into my PC (running Vista Ultimate 64) using the hold C button method in either SEUS or Da Vinci, a pop up prompting me to install SEMCBOOT driver! however it doesnt find it on windows update.

Taking other advice, I've tried to point to the drivers in "k850_usb_signed_drivers" from within device manager, as well as the drivers folder in SEUS...

Neither have worked an im just wondering if any of you could help?!?!

Many thanks
[ This Message was edited by: tranced on 2010-10-25 14:40 ]
gaming_guy
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-05 21:50
i think the flash driver only works with 32bit machines, but im not 100% sure

K700i > K750i > K810i (current phone)
foo_addict
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-05 23:44
oh i see, well that sucks. Nobody had success on a 64bit system with SEUS or Da Vinci?

Thanks
totalgsm
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-06 17:22
Hi

It works on 64 bit too.
You need 64 bit drivers for it.
There is semc 64 bit drivers.

Uploaded it for you here. download from here
http://rapidshare.com/files/89642761/USBFlashDriver.zip.html

Visit www.totalgsm.org for Remote and Instant unlocking and Debranding services for all Sony Ericsson Phones. Visit forum www.totalgsm.org/forum
foo_addict
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-02-06 18:36
Thankyou thankyou thankyou! I love you
razza12003
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2008-05-17 20:09
i have downloaded the file from rapidshare, now what do i do? i have tried updating my phone and it still says searcing windows update center for driver, i continue to hold my c button in and then in the searching for driver box after a while it says and says the device has been unplugged and my phone turns its self on in mass storage mode!?
totalgsm
W910 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-05-19 08:15
Hi

Right click on my computer , click on properties and then go to device manager.
Connect the cable to the pc , phone off battery our then battery in hold c holding c connect cable to the phone.
You will get new hardware found or a device in yellow in your device manager list , right click on this device and click on update driver.
Now locate the USBFlash folder and install the drivers.
Visit www.totalgsm.org for Remote and Instant unlocking and Debranding services for all Sony Ericsson Phones. Visit forum www.totalgsm.org/forum
metal_gear
Model not set
PM
Posted: 2009-02-07 01:58
DUDE!!

Major DUDE ALERT!

You are a DUDE, BTW

Why no one ever replies to let people know when there solutions work I just do not understand!

Thanks for files dude and thanks for the simple instructions, I have successfully update my c902 using them on Vista64!

Stellar man!
bulukaki
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-10-25 10:16
I seemed to have the same problem and Rapidshare won't let me download the file, for some reason.

it's kind of funny though. when the sim card is in the phone, this stupid Vista doesn't seem to mind and just let my phone works OK with MPC and PC Suite. but when I removed the sim card and the memory card, Vista want SEMCBOOT driver, (and the Update Service aka SEUS won't even detect something being plugged in) which I can't find anywhere but in that rapidshare link. the SEUS screen keeps telling me to plug the phone while holding C button, but it's already plugged in darn it! what do you want me to do?!

I'm on my wits end here. my K850i died (hanged to be exact) every time, right in the middle of typing a reply to an sms. just started to act like this for the past 5 days. one more thing I noticed is that the phone can't keep time and date after that hanged act happen. it always goes back to january 1st, 2000 at 7AM. although the theme, ringtones, phonebook, and almost everything else is intact. I let it rest for 2 days and it seemed to be acting normally, now. but I just want to make sure and update it to the latest version through SEUS, which I can't do now.

any doctor in the house to cure my K850i? cheers!
[ This Message was edited by: bulukaki on 2010-10-25 09:21 ]
proud owner of a K750i, a dead K850i, HTC Touch Cruise, and a Nokia X5-01
ceaser2008
Aino White
PM
Posted: 2010-10-25 14:02
Bulukaki,

Why you want to upgrade its firmware via seus. Go for a2uploader method. Its fast easy and simple.

For that visit this thread, it has everything you need to flash your K850i.

Tutorial : Flashing A2 phones

Hope this will help you.
ESATO Most Loved & Best Asian Member MMX & MMIX
February : Shoot The MUSIC
bulukaki
K850 Green
PM
Posted: 2010-10-26 04:40
ceaser2008

thanks for the link. I go through SEUS because it's the most common way. use whatever that comes with the phone? ..never thought that a 3rd party stuff would be easier to use. thanks for the heads up. I'll read whenever I get the chance.
proud owner of a K750i, a dead K850i, HTC Touch Cruise, and a Nokia X5-01
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi