Esato

Forum > General discussions > Other manufacturers > HTC Touch HD contents.and pictures !

Author HTC Touch HD contents.and pictures !
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 09:51
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Hi Nanu!

ok, I will search for those and try when I get home.

I have got an external bluetooth Navman B10, so I will try that too. I know it defeats the object of internal gps but it's worth a try to see Garmin in action!

edit - Navman B10 picks up quickly.... I will try the other solutions this evening !

Thanks !

Ofiaich

[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2008-11-12 08:57 ]
genodis
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 15:26
ofiaich: thanks for the info, i suppose the info comes from the manual. Hopefully a higher recording resolution can become avaliable via some future firmware, as the CIF-resolution really isnt that impressive, especially having used the excellent vga-recording of my n95-8gb.
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2008-11-12 16:05
Hi genodis,

I am sorry, I cannot comment well because I don't have a good understanding of video quality etc. Others here at esato do though!

I am not sure about firmware updates and think XDA-Developers here are likely to have technical discussions about software updates and video qulaity !

Ofiaich

[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2008-11-12 15:05 ]
Raja
W980
PM
Posted: 2008-11-13 05:49
Great review from Pocketnow.com:
http://www.pocketnow.com/inde[....]l_detail&t=reviews&id=1111&p=1
smartidave
P990
PM
Posted: 2008-11-18 15:13
Hi guys,

First post here, but have been reading esato for over a year now.

Got my HD just over a week ago and really like it first phone with WM so still finding my way around.

But two things I'm finding a little strange are when I use the camera it takes about 2 to 3 seconds from when I touch the screen to the picture being taken. By which time my son is compleatly out of shot?

And also when I leave the bluetooth switched on (as I'm in and out of my car all day) it kills the battery, I'm lucky if it last a day with lite use, but with it switched off it goes almost 2 days?

I got my Phone through Orange upgrade.

Cheers Dave.
MnM
K750
PM
Posted: 2008-11-25 14:11
This thread seems to gone quiet. Saw one being unboxed in Orange shop in the City yesteraday. Has any one taken delivery in the UK yet? If so interested to hear you views.

The reviews appear to point to the best Windows Mobile I-Phone beater yet. Depending on yoiur view perhaps better than I-Phone period? And netter than Xperia?

Having never had windows mobile before (currently UIQ3) would welcome any comments before I dive in for the Touch HD - it does look good as does the spec - but does it have that ease (and joy?) of use of the I-Phone?
Dogmann
T39 black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-04 11:54
Hi all,

Saw last night that someone from Modaco has also been working on a Panels port and has released what he calls a very early Beta. It isn't perfect and not all the Panels work but it is a second person working on getting it to work so could speed up the process of it being made perfect.

Personally i am still quite tempted to get the Touch HD if and when i can find one in stock at the right price. I am how ever curious if anyone thinks i will be able to get my Nokia SU-8W Bluetooth Keyboard to work with a Touch HD. I did see some an app on Handago that had something to do with Bluetooth drivers but can't recall it's name.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2008-12-04 10:54 ]
ofiaich
W900 black
PM
Posted: 2008-12-04 12:07
Hi Marc,

I tried the panels and yes, they looked good,

The fish panel also worked. After switching the panels there is an error with PanelManager.exe.

Panels on the HD look promising though!

Removed now...

I did read somewhere that people had bluetooth keyboards working with the HD but can't remember where !

Send me yours and I will try it for you

Ofiaich

[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2008-12-04 12:23 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi