Previous  123  Next
Author Going back to UIQ
ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 13:55
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Thanks rishone, it works.

I have one more question regarding SE PC Suite and Media Manager. I mean they work fine until I disconnect my P1 from my PC - my computer just crashes then and reboots itself. How do I discconect my P1 without my PC rebooting itself?

Rishone
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 14:41
Hey, Do you have the Software called Universal Shield File/Folder Protection or any other File/Folder Locking software installed on your System. Try with disabling/removing those.

I had the same problem when i had Universal Shield installed on my system. If you don't have such softwares installed, let me know, will find some other solutions
ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 14:50
I have "Lock Folder XP" for folder protection. Do you think that it might be the problem? OK, I will try to unlock my locked folders and see what happens.
Rishone
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 14:54
Try removing/uninstalling that. will work
ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-10 15:31
No, it seems that it has nothing to do with Lock Folder, my PC rebooted again when I disconnected my phone.

But I think I found out the cause of the problem and it's m-Router. A few minutes ago I installed a game on the P1, then I exited both SE PC Suite and m-Router from the tray and then disconnected the phone, and my computer didn't crash.

So, I'm pretty sure the problem is m-Router related, now I'll try and see if I can solve it somehow without exiting the m-Router.
Sator1973
Xperia X10 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-07-10 21:22
About the headset, I have a HPM-82 combined with a big Sennheiser (HD 215 for only 50 euro's), and it sounds great, superb quality compared to any in-ear headset. And I got me the HPM-100 recently for only 35 euro's, so my G900 now also has GPS! Also sounds great with the Sennheiser. So I'm only interested in the cable and jack-part, not the speakers.
My advise; combine any SE headset with your own favorite headset. And mod your sounddrivers if possible.
Ranjith
Sony Xperia Z1
PM
Posted: 2008-07-11 13:59
hey how much did the P1 and M2 cost you mate?

and cngrts on you purchase.!
I ESATO
I W1i

T20,T65, P800(2x),K800,Z300, 800, 850 (2x),P1i(with WALKMAN)
ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-12 00:41
The P1 cost 350 EUR and M2 8GB cost 70 EUR, I also bought HPM-82 headset which cost 45 EUR. I'm very happy with my purchase becuse the lowest price of W960 in my country is 520 EUR.

I already did most of the mods for UIQ3 such as MIDlet permissions changer, SIS installer mod, Walkman Player 3.0 mod, G900 Torch and Notes mods, and Speed boost for your UIQ3 mod. They all work fine, I haven't had any problems so far.
But I'm not going to do the sound mods (neither lite nor full) cause I'm very satisfied with the volume level and sound quality of my P1 both through the speaker and the HPM-82 headset.

koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-12 07:00
I did the sound mod (full) but didn't notice significant difference. It is better but if you are satisfied now you can freely skip that mod. Maybe others have different experience.
wickedass
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-07-12 15:24

On 2008-07-12 07:00:56, koto wrote:
I did the sound mod (full) but didn't notice significant difference. It is better but if you are satisfied now you can freely skip that mod. Maybe others have different experience.

well the sound mod lite did wonders for my w950. it sounds better than my N91 now.
gavster001
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-07-12 16:51
8Gb M2, nice! is the performance ok? im also considering buying 8Gb M2 but some says it will make your phone lag
koto
G900 Brown
PM
Posted: 2008-07-12 18:29
@gavster001

No lag, it works perfectly! You will see no difference comparing with 1 or 2 GB card.
ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-12 23:37
The 8GB M2 memory stick has worked fine so far, I haven't noticed any lags.
Here's a screenshot from my phone.

I have mostly music on it and I'm going to add some more music and videos in the next few days.
gavster001
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-07-13 07:08
its really good to hear that guys. That's the only thing thats holding me back from buying 8Gb memory card.

thanks!
ardzuna
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-07-21 21:51
It turned out that Rishone was right after all. I didn't uninstall Lock Folder from my PC the first time he suggested that (I just removed all my protected folders) and my computer kept on crashing and rebooting every time I disconnected my P1 via the USB cable.
A few days ago, I just couldn't take it anymore and I decided to give it a try and completely remove Lock Folder and guess what - my problem is gone. Now I can simply disconnect my phone from my PC with no fear that it is going to crash and reboot, thanks one more time, Rishone.

My impressions after two weeks with my new P1 are very positive, it suits my needs much better than the N95.

For instance, P1 camera is much faster than the one in the N95, I think that I can take at least ten photos with my P1 while in the same amount of time I can take only two or three photos tops with the N95. Also no problems with taking pictures and listening to music at the same time on the P1 while on the N95 music playback would break several times until the photo was saved.

Texting on the P1 is a breeze both with the qwerty and onscreen keyboard while on the small and cramped N95 keyboard it was a real pain in the ass. Also as I said before regarding UI, build quality, touchscreen, the P1 is a clear winner.

As for the music quality, I find the P1 to be much better both through the headset and the speaker (although the N95 has two speakers). The N95 is a little louder through the speaker(s) (very little) but the P1 beats it in sound quality.
The volume level is about the same through the headset, the P1 is a clear winner again in terms of sound quality.
Also, I couldn't resist the temptation and I tried both sound mod lite and full. Sound mod lite really made my phone very loud through the headset without decrease in sound quality. I didn't notice any difference with sound mod full, the speaker volume level was the same as ever while the headset volume returned to the same level it was before the sound mod lite. That's why I went back to sound mod lite and now my P1 beats the N95 not only in SQ but also in much greater volume level.

Another thing I like about the P1 is that there are separate galleries for pictures and videos, while on the N95 there's only one gallery for both pictures and videos which troubled me very much - just imagine having your wallpapers, images and videos taken with the camera and some converted music videos and movie clips all in the same gallery, sometimes it was a nightmare finding the picture or video you were looking for.

I've had no problems using wi fi and my gprs account for internet browsing, I also learned how to separate my wi fi and gprs accounts into different groups (big thanks to Nipsen and his Utility guide for UIQv3.x.)

The 8GB memory stick has worked with no problems so far and it's almost completely full, I just left a little space on it for installing games and applications and taking pictures. Here is a screenshot:

I also found plenty of applications and games for my phone, and although there's more of these for S60v3 than for UIQ3, I really can't say that I'm missing something I used to have on the N95 (big thanks to sw mail for Caps Switch and Sis installer mod so we don't have to bother with certificates anymore). Here's what I've installed so far in my P1 (also I have many apps and games waiting to be installed in the next couple of days):

There's one thing that surprised me, though. I bought the HPM-82 headset for my P1 thinking that it is much better than the HPM-62 that comes with the phone and I had been using it on a regular basis until the last couple of days when I finally unpacked the HPM-62 just to make sure how bad it was and imagine my surprise when I found out that it had about the same volume level as the HPM-82 and much better sound quality (more bass, deeper sound). Now i use the HPM-62 all the time (in combination with sound mod lite it's really mind blowing) while the HPM-82 lies in the box. I think that the HPM-82 has better outer noise isolation than the HPM-62 (and that's about it) but now that the headset volume has become very loud with sound mod lite this advantage doesn't really matter anymore.

To conclude, I'm very happy with my P1 and the only upgrade I'm planning in the future is putting a 16GB memory stick in it once they become available.

[ This Message was edited by: ardzuna on 2008-07-21 20:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ardzuna on 2008-07-21 20:53 ]

[ This Message was edited by: ardzuna on 2008-07-21 20:55 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi