Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Symbian phones > The New 3G iPhone ! Is this the begining of the end for the SE P AND X series?

Previous  123 45 ... 192021  Next
Author The New 3G iPhone ! Is this the begining of the end for the SE P AND X series?
mib1800
T68 gold
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:32
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-06-10 15:23:15, whentheleveebreaks wrote:
why would you send a voice message when you could just call the person? and leave a voice mail if needed? Just wondering.

Then maybe you can wonder further and ask why you need to send a SMS instead of calling the person.
mswallis
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:41
Then maybe you can wonder further and ask why you need to call that person instead of going round their house.
jkthewarrior
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:43
Dogman....

Not everybody checks emails on their phone thats why mms is a better choice (for now) to send a quick picture etc and the end user receives the pic straight away like an sms. Yer there is push email etc but like i said most mobile users dont use the phone for emails.

I think music quality is far superior on other phones like the walkman series. Even wireless headphones quality is better than the wired shitty ones you get with the iphone. A2DP quality on my phone is fantastic.

Mobileme is an extremely good price, im on htcs (HTC is another Manufacturer with the same service!) free 2 month trial atm and then £10/month (id imagine mobileme is gonna be £99/year in the UK.) Its a shame mobile me is only supported by iphone mobiles and itouch as id seriously consider it if they did! Im pretty sure SE have a similar service but dont really advertise it.

SE are releasing the Xperia with a 3.5" screen if you hadnt noticed. Not all people like large screen mobile devices and are happy with smaller screens so they fit in pockets better etc, like myself with the HTC Diamond.

I Do love Sony/Sonyericsson gear but i agree currently their high end smartphones do Suck, im sure the X1 will rock but for many like you and me we have already made our choice (you with the 3giphone and me with the Touch Diamond) as they are already here/almost here!

The Games look good on the 3g iphone but heres hoping there will be an SE PSP Phone in the near future which will launch with a massive back catalogue of games!.....Its gonna be interesting!

mswallis
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:49

(id imagine mobileme is gonna be £99/year in the UK.)

MobileMe £59 for a single user and £89 for a family pack which is for 5 users

masseur
P910
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:51
...and it will be free on a 60 day trial at launch
whentheleveebreaks
T68i
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:52
looking forward to MobileMe, i'm a .mac subscriber already and this added push service will be really useful.
Posted from an iPhone
mswallis
T68i
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:55
@whentheleveebreaks

Ditto!
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:56

On 2008-06-10 16:20:19, masseur wrote:
the iPhone is still "Only on O2" in UK

see here

As I recall, they have a 5 year contract to sell iphone's in UK

So it is - the Register were originally reporting (earlier today) that O2 weren't claiming exclusivity anymore. They've now backtracked on that, but note that O2 aren't saying (yet) how long that exclusivity lasts - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/10/o2_3g_iphone/

£99 on a £30pm contract is still a LOT more attractive than last year's deal, whoever's doing it.
DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 16:57
lol for once i agree with Marc..

iphone power!!!!!
ares
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 17:02
Dogmman, do you really think email will replace mms? The only thing not letting mms to be a success is its cost, but at the same time right now most phones have it, and have it ready to work. As for email...how many phones have it? How many people actually know how to set it up? Just because Jobs decided mms is dead, that does not make it a fact.

Regarding a2dp, well, for me its just unbearable such an advanced phone not having it...i do value it alot

[ This Message was edited by: ares on 2008-06-10 16:04 ]
jkthewarrior
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 17:24

On 2008-06-10 16:51:37, masseur wrote:
...and it will be free on a 60 day trial at launch

Wow thats bloody good!
Just a shame its tied to iphone/ipod touch as id buy it in a heartbeat if i could get it on a windows mobile phone!
Just like itunes is tied to the ipod series/iphone.

DragonEye
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 17:25

On 2008-06-10 17:02:29, ares wrote:
Dogmman, do you really think email will replace mms? The only thing not letting mms to be a success is its cost, but at the same time right now most phones have it, and have it ready to work. As for email...how many phones have it? How many people actually know how to set it up? Just because Jobs decided mms is dead, that does not make it a fact.

Regarding a2dp, well, for me its just unbearable such an advanced phone not having it...i do value it alot

[ This Message was edited by: ares on 2008-06-10 16:04 ]

i don't think mms is that popular to begin with.. i fire off about 2000 sms a month and maybe get 2 of 3 mms's a month from 1 person lol..

i do get tons of email on my computer though... that i was checking from my iphone...

email might not replace mms.. but mms just doesn't seem that important imo.

i use to love a2dp but it ended up being a hassle..(SE is the king of a2dp imo.. but even then i've had forgot to charge my battery or sometimes get horrible breakups etc..etc..) just doesn't seem as practical as a simple 3.5 jack.

i wanted to see video calling though.. i think iphone is the only product that can truly make it take off...

[ This Message was edited by: DragonEye on 2008-06-10 16:26 ]
anonymuser
Apple iPhone 4S
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 17:30
I agree with others here about picture messaging by the way, it's useful as an instant, phone-to-phone method of communicating, and email is not a realistic replacement. Picture messaging has the smell of failure about it because it never did what the networks wanted and become as ubiquitious as SMS, but that doesn't mean it's not a useful, fun feature that many would miss.

My Tytn II is an email powerhouse and pushes email to me constantly, but if any of my friends or family want to send me a picture quickly (usually from the phone they've just taken it with) they'll use MMS. Likewise, if I want to do the same, I'd never fire up an email to send a pic to my wife's W910, or my friends Nokia. Even my brother-in-law's Blackberry is more likely to get an MMS, since email = business and any picture I'm sending is unlikely to be that. More to the point, I know that MMS is instant, I know I'm going to get a delivery receipt for it, and I know it's going to get a response (or at least a smile) there an then, not five hours later when they check their email.

All of that said, there are already MMS apps available for the Iphone, and with the SDK released they're bound to get better. The demand for it will only go up as the initial fanboy-factor dies down and more people get hold of these more affordable, everyday iphones.
londonlad123
Xperia X10 White
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 17:58
Doesnt MMS have a function that if the phone that the MMS is being sent to does not support MMS it then sends it to a website and a link is sent to the phone. That feature was there when MMS first statred but not heard of it ever since.

The other is email (from iphone) to the phone number @ network (you need the correct address) to send a message to the mobile intended. Sure ive seen that too.

Not the same ease but where theres a will theres a way.

Edit

I think the P series or UIQ is too far behind to catch without a completely new attempt, but X will do well for SE imo. Iphone shouldnt affect SE much since SE dont really have a big market anyway.

[ This Message was edited by: londonlad123 on 2008-06-10 17:00 ]
arvinlad
P1
PM
Posted: 2008-06-10 18:08
If these come out at £100 non-contract they will clean up

They look fantastic
www.answersingenesis.org , www.expelledthemovie.com/home.php
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi
Previous  123 45 ... 192021  Next
Goto page: