Esato

Forum > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > SE please put a CCD sensor in the next K/C series?

Author SE please put a CCD sensor in the next K/C series?
crossmatched
C901 Silver
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-20 08:42
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-04-19 19:35:15, bavlondon2 wrote:
And so you should be as it sucks.

c902's camera isn't a vacuum machine... therefore it doesn't suck! hehehe just kidding.

let's wait for the final commercial models to be out before we give judgement to c902. Ok mate? As ive said, the upcoming two C handsets are christening models that directly carries the index C for cybershot (not anymore K) imo, these two C handsets will resurrect the fallen image of cybershot phones (from the so-so quality of k550 and k850)

[ This Message was edited by: crossmatched on 2008-04-20 07:48 ]
nvkid909
W890 Silver
PM
Posted: 2008-04-20 09:38
on a cybershot phone, imo 3.2mp should be the minimum standard, cybershot means camera so why not have the best censor & optics.

remember when sony & ericsson paired up it has become the perfect match. people go out with phone, camera, music player.... i know some say it must be a phone first but should not mean less quality camera... actually i think, cybershot with mp3 thrown in is ok, but like the OP is asking for better components (not battery), then even the mp3 player can be upgraded (software, volume...). atm some are still juggling camera phone & ipod, for example.

i know to use all that would need a killer battery, but moreover, that would mean the [near?] perfect phone but they'd like us to keep buying their new phones!
AbuBasim
Nokia N8
PM
Posted: 2008-04-20 13:04

On 2008-04-20 09:38:58, nvkid909 wrote:
on a cybershot phone, imo 3.2mp should be the minimum standard, cybershot means camera so why not have the best censor & optics.

Best censor? My vote goes to this one:

soane28
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-20 13:52
I for one woud like to see good quality in camera phones like the good old days of the K750.

The K850 is a bad sign of SE's future and desire to use marketing gimmicks and earn more cash by using cheap sensors or camera modules that "just do the trick for the average joe".

SE cant claim they are innovative or brang about their great camera phones that "produce digital camera quality". Im sorry but that is bullsh*t.

Using CCD sensors or not, i just want to see good quality again, not rubbish. Its like they want to bury all evidence of producing the K750 that was an excellent QUALITY cameraphone for marketing and cheap cameraphones so they earn more money.

[ This Message was edited by: soane28 on 2008-04-20 12:53 ]
Sony α
T650 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-20 14:32
We all love Sony, AND Ericsson - so lets just wait to see what the new C-series from Sony Ericsson Brings us - sure the K850i was somewhat disappointing, but Sony Ericsson wont make the same mistake again - surely!

Sony Alpha.

imaging.like.no.other
BobaFett
R520 copper
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-20 14:40
Aquila non capit muscas - /// 4ever!

/// Ericsson Forum
Sony α
T650 Green
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-04-20 19:51
@boba

lol, I love your Allegiance to Ericsson, Very Patriotic!

But, it is Sony Ericsson, so we should respect both entities...(^_^*)

Admittedly - my home phones back in London are all the Ericsson DECT 260's lol - love them to bits - couldn't think of replacing!
Sony Alpha.

imaging.like.no.other
aldrinus
K810 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-04-21 17:22
CCD sensor on a camera-phone? and in a Sony-Ericsson at that? - wow!

that would surely be a big hit specially among photography enthusiasts..

i'm just wondering when would that happen at SE. for me, SE means innovative physical designs (i like the way they employ symmetry in their designs!), groundbreaking technologies (K700i's interpolating camera resolution and K750i - need i say more about this trailblazer?), and competitive pricing (against equivalently-specced Nokias)..

CCD sensor + Walkman + bug-free FW.. this phone would be nirvana for me

cheers, people..
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-22 01:51

On 2008-04-21 17:22:44, aldrinus wrote:
CCD sensor on a camera-phone? and in a Sony-Ericsson at that? - wow!

that would surely be a big hit specially among photography enthusiasts..

i'm just wondering when would that happen at SE. for me, SE means innovative physical designs (i like the way they employ symmetry in their designs!), groundbreaking technologies (K700i's interpolating camera resolution and K750i - need i say more about this trailblazer?), and competitive pricing (against equivalently-specced Nokias)..

CCD sensor + Walkman + bug-free FW.. this phone would be nirvana for me

cheers, people..

Add a solid build and Xenon flash(photolight isn't living up to the hype, only slightly better than LED) and we have the perfect phone. Just look at this forum. We have entire threads devoted to photos taken with certain SE models. The demand is there. SE just has to wake up and reclaim the photography crown.
EddieAdams
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-04-22 01:56
[/quote]
c902's camera isn't a vacuum machine... therefore it doesn't suck! hehehe just kidding.

let's wait for the final commercial models to be out before we give judgement to c902. Ok mate? As ive said, the upcoming two C handsets are christening models that directly carries the index C for cybershot (not anymore K) imo, these two C handsets will resurrect the fallen image of cybershot phones (from the so-so quality of k550 and k850)

[ This Message was edited by: crossmatched on 2008-04-20 07:48 ]
[/quote]
Cross,
Doesn't it sound familiar?;"lets see what the final fw/product does". It's the k850 all over again. SE isn't the best imager anymore but, none of the other companies are cutting it either. CCD would put SE in the lead without question and back at the top where you expect them.

[ This Message was edited by: EddieAdams on 2008-04-22 00:57 ]
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi