Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Are you in Debt? Or are you a Spend-a-holic

Author Are you in Debt? Or are you a Spend-a-holic
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-06-19 02:28
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I forgot to say that after paying off my debts i took a long look at myself and thought most of the things i bought i just did not need. Its ok to have nice things in life but sometimes if you are spending and spending perhaps stop and take a look at your life to see if something is missing. Is there a reason why you keep doing it perhaps the things you buy is to compensate for something thats missing. Thats how i seen my life now i spend more time with family friends and enjoying more simple things in life though i still love to buy nice phones but i save for them. One word of warning though is about LloydsTSB. I knew someone who had a bad debt with them plus with others but LloydsTSB were the worst regarding hounding you. They never give up they are so persistant and i was told if you have a bad debt with them they will always persue it in court. Some creditors give up but not Lloyds. I hate them.
Caspa
LG Nexus 5
PM
Posted: 2008-06-19 11:52
Its amazes me that in todays current ecomnomic climate, Abbey have decided to (out of the blue) offer me a £1950 overdraft!!! These financial instututions cant help themselves, and unfortunately alot of consumers cant either!

@Miss UK

with regards to the loan, it can be a better option due to lower interest rates, but you'd need to do a direct comparison between the two to be sure, i.e. how long would it take you to pay off the card as it is and how long would the loan be for, so what are the totals repayed inclusive of interest. If you do go down the loan route, you must not begin to use the card again as that when people start to dig themselves into a whole!!!

I've never been in debt apart from my morgage, but i did overspend and waste money when i was younger. Buying stuff i didnt need or simply spending excessively partying! (£200 a night, disgraceful)

Im much more grounded these days (thanks to Islam),im t-total and i no longer want to be filthy rich just comfortable and happy.

the above post is spot on also!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Caspa on 2008-06-19 10:55 ]
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2008-06-19 15:06
The thing that i love to do more than anything these days is travel. Whilst that costs money i do have a decent job but save for my travels. I enjoy simple things like enjoying being by the sea in beautiful places and not spending money on stupid things needlessly.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-02-22 18:57
I cranked up my debt after getting my flat,
now im determined to get it down,

in theory it would take 2yrs to pay it of at £30 a month which is why I must have a well paid job,
luckily I should be getting some training soon at college to re-enter a course I mis-made the mark for :/

I really think labour need to go there bringing the uk down,
Recession which they say were outta?
and how many unemployed? still millions

if they made a effort tohelp people get back to work im pretty sure our economy would come out of this mess
Rant over!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Bonovox
LG G4
PM
Posted: 2010-02-22 19:15
My god Kerry you have some of the longest lasting threads on here.
Phone?? What phone??
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2010-02-22 19:34
I guess I do,
I bookmark them and when i get round to de-cluttering they come about again haha
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
procterdc
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2010-02-23 17:38

On 2007-12-20 12:20:17, procterdc wrote:
I'm not too bad with my money. I don't have much left over each month after paying my mortgage etc but I don't have a credit card, and luckily i don't use my overdraft.

I thank my parents for it really, they tought me how to utilise my money, and thankfully i've always repayed any money i've borrowed off them.

Sorry to hear some people have debts and I hope everything gets sorted asap.

My my, how two and a bit years changes everything lol.... I am now about £3k in debt including credit card, but thats because I bought a new house, worked it out that in about 6 months i shall be debt free once again (unless I buy something silly like a new car)
It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward - Rocky Balboa
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi