Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Are you in Debt? Or are you a Spend-a-holic

Author Are you in Debt? Or are you a Spend-a-holic
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 03:31
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
Bit of a personal Question but does anyone here have enormous debt probs? like getting themselves into serious debts/overspending.

me myself owe about £500 so im pretty good in that sense,
I love paying my bills, it's a big buzz at the end of the day..

unfortuantley for some though they will shop till it gets out of hand then there in trouble like for instance somebody in my sisters life owes £10,000

you can only think how on earth,
btw are you lot in deep or are you good with your cash?

hopefully some of you will post here the serious true anyways so awaiting your responses all

An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
fatevdestiny
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 03:40
I am unfortunately very seriously in debt

When I was 18 I spent spent spent and never thought about the consiquences.

Wish I could go back now and say no
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 03:42
@miss uk - I guess the TITLE of the THREAD may just APPLY to one type of person . . . I mean . . . if that person shopped LIKE there's NO tomorrow and USES his/her CREDIT card . . . he/she will END up HEAVILY in DEBT . . . don't ya THINK so ! [addsig]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 03:47
if you have credit card debt they say the best way to solve it is if you cut your cards up, I wouldn't do that as im pretty good not to use it anyway I got offered a N95 8GB for £200 2 weeks ago I so badley wanted it but I honesty just said no!

@ Fat, hopefully you will get yourself out of it one way or another just try to say no to things you buy for the fun of it, alot of people buy stuff they don't need
*Jojo*
T68 grey
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 03:49

On 2007-12-20 03:47:09, Miss UK wrote:
I got offered a N95 8GB for £200 2 weeks ago I so badley wanted it but I honesty just said no!

@miss uk(elele) - That's a MIRACLE !! ! ! ! That calls for a BIIIIIIG celebration I guess ! [addsig]
fatevdestiny
K850 Blue
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 03:50
Tbh I do think I have a problem. And it isnt easy to admit that you have the problem

I seem to wanna spend! Even if I have £1 in my pocket, I just wanna spend it. And it drives me crazy

Was thinking about trying to see someone about this and maybe rectify if its a problem.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 04:02
I gotta admit when I lived with my family I used to buy alot of Junk,
I can't remember how many times I changed my phone it was that bad,
till this year I got a big reality shock I got kicked out of my family home luckily I have good pals to put me up,

but it's just temp! I swear this year has been rubbish for me,
but ive managed to get rid of alot of Direct Debits ive got only one now coming out each month my contract with Vodafone.

I hope next year gets better,
a job and my own flat would be great atm I feel very low aout myself and it hurts knowing your family hate you

@ Fat, I really don't know what to say but you need to try and take your mind off it somehow seek some advice yeah..

set up some monthley payments to pay your debts off and you'll feel alot better

have faith and you'll get thru it!!!!
methylated_spirit
P900 no flip
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 10:54
Yes i'm loaded to the gunwhales with maHOOsive debt, it's just a way of life these days i reckon.
Hello, Scroto!

U.G.L.Y. You ain't got no alibi, you ugly!
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-20 10:58
Me too!!

Just under £30k last time I checked! hehehehe

I was paying out £2.5k a month this year but I will have reduced that to £1.5k/month for January of next year, then I can start to look at repaying the £30k at a greater rate of knots!

I still buy my guilty pleasures or I wouldn't get out of bed each morning!!

It pains me to works so hard and hand over my cash in interest to the greedy beggars!
leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 11:00
im shamefully in deep too, but im a good swimmer

was tempted to sell EVERYTHING i owned liek that guy did on ebay, but i dont thnk a tenner would really help me right now

lol
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-20 11:03
what was that about on eBay mate?

Cycovision
P990
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-20 11:04
I got my fingers burnt during a long(ish) period of unemployment a few years ago. I only ended up about £3000 in debt on credit cards but it took me ages to pay it back because of the interest and I dread to think how much money they finally got off me, must have been at least double that!

Never again
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-20 11:08
Wow nanu, that's quite a debt!

I think I have spending problems, which I'm now trying to curb, I've got over £2,000 on my credit card and a year into paying off a £5,500 bank loan, always seem to be in my overdraft too

Though I'm trying to curb that impulse now (Ebay is my biggest weakness) before the debt becomes unmanageable. I seem to be one of those people at the mo who can't just own one or maybe two of something, I have to have five or 6! For example, I've recently gone a bit mad on DAB radios, and have about 6 or 7 of them when I really don't need that many, some might be going on Ebay soon!

Or, if anyone is interested in a DAB radio, PM me and we'll sort something out!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

leeboy13
T610
PM
Posted: 2007-12-20 11:09

On 2007-12-20 11:03:15, Nanu wrote:
what was that about on eBay mate?

didnt you ever hear about that guy who sold everythign he owned on ebay to pay off debts.... EVERYTHING......

it was a while back now tho
procterdc
W810 black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2007-12-20 12:20
I'm not too bad with my money. I don't have much left over each month after paying my mortgage etc but I don't have a credit card, and luckily i don't use my overdraft.

I thank my parents for it really, they tought me how to utilise my money, and thankfully i've always repayed any money i've borrowed off them.

Sorry to hear some people have debts and I hope everything gets sorted asap.

It ain't about how hard you hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward - Rocky Balboa
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi