Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Are you in Debt? Or are you a Spend-a-holic

Author Are you in Debt? Or are you a Spend-a-holic
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-13 15:37
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post
I've now got nearly £3,000 on my credit card, I keep buying crap I don't really need, I'm sure I've got a problem! Also still got a £5,500 loan which is taking forever to pay off

One piece of advice I will give though is don't take out any of those loans based on the equity of your house. You know the ones, like the adverts in the UK for Picture Loans - get a loan secured on your house, use it to pay off all your other debts etc., and consolidate into one 'manageable' loan My wife took one of those out, it needed my signature too, and although I was wary I was stupid enough to sign it.

Fast forward a couple of months, and we go to see the bank to get an extension to our mortgage to pay off all our various cards, loans etc. including that Picture loan. Computer said no, due to that bloody Picture loan we couldn't do anything like that, basically we're pwned by that company! The bank couldn't do anything for us, the only choice is to get that loan paid off, along with the rest of our debt.

Upshot is, that I personally now have practically no disposable income, most of it's taken up with paying off loans and credit cards, and I'm not helping myself with impulse purchases and shoving them on my credit card. My wife's a bit better off, even though her debt is bigger than mine, we're paying all the bills we should but we seem to be only 'existing' rather than 'living', let this be a saluatory lesson for you all!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 15:52
Sammy, keep out of the shops and try and think to yourself you don't need these things it's hard, every penny I get goes towards my bills,
i'd rather have those paid off so im better off.

when Im working (need the decent paid job)
then im sure i'll be ok, but im on my own and I cannot manage off low wage even though I can get some help i'd rather not take any help off DSS if I can atm it just pays my bills it doesn't pay for nothing else..

I feel like some poor person I need to get off it and find me the stable job so I can be better off and be happy!

im not happy present my lifes a shambles lol

I need a little ray of sunshine in my life

How much is the repayment charge you make per month?
have you spoken to a Debt advisor cos they can help you get them payments down quicker
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-13 17:38
Not sure I've gotten to the stage where I'm struggling to pay off debts, just that there's not much left for me after paying them, the mortgage, bills etc.

Shops aren't the problem, it's Ebay and forums - I've recently developed an interest in watches (especially older mechanical wind-up ones) and been buying a few off watch forums!

Though I am wondering about seeing someone about it before it becomes unmanageable... and also STOP SPENDING!
"All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke

themarques
W950 Blue
PM
Posted: 2008-02-14 04:56

On 2008-02-13 15:52:35, Miss UK wrote:
i'd rather not take any help off DSS if I can atm it just pays my bills it doesn't pay for nothing else..

Personally I think you making a mistake there but not taking any help from the DSS if you are owed.

There is an old saying in business which goes "dont use your money, use someone elses" I suggest you start taking any benefits you are owed (you not doing anything wrong) and saving what you can an investing it at a later stage.

You've paid your taxes so make the most of it.
ÈL ® ö B ì Ñ
W810 black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-14 13:36
Not a spendaholic or anything...but i officially ran out of money today for the 1st time ever

My phone bill should be £15 and it's just come through as £61 for 1 month, and i don't have the money to pay it
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-14 16:27

On 2008-02-14 04:56:56, themarques wrote:

On 2008-02-13 15:52:35, Miss UK wrote:
i'd rather not take any help off DSS if I can atm it just pays my bills it doesn't pay for nothing else..

Personally I think you making a mistake there but not taking any help from the DSS if you are owed.

There is an old saying in business which goes "dont use your money, use someone elses" I suggest you start taking any benefits you are owed (you not doing anything wrong) and saving what you can an investing it at a later stage.

You've paid your taxes so make the most of it.

Im doing that currentley using the DSS but the way I see it is I paid tax so yes im entitled, I just want a good paid job cos I feel like a Poor person on the DSS atm lol you just can't buy nothing you want after bills and rent im not critising it it helps but i'd ratjher have a job that way im earning £250 ish a week I don't know how some people could not work and rely on this cos it's so depressing

Sammy, you will have to looking at all the new phone threads,
you have a phone just think to yourself it's better then everyone elses and you don't need something that has a huge screen or a satlelite tv hanging of the end of it!

Get away from those watches,
your not in debt yet but try and look after your exspendenture wisely!

im getting to grips now that I cannot buy anything anymore,
I have to save up for a flat and stuff for it.

My mom done me a favour kickin me out I guess lol

it's made me think twice
baconnugget
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-15 07:14
what is DSS?
Nanu
Sony CMD MZ5
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-15 09:50

On 2008-02-15 07:14:20, baconnugget wrote:
what is DSS?

It's the new handheld gaming system by Nintendo to replace the DS Lite!
max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-15 10:46

On 2008-02-15 07:14:20, baconnugget wrote:
what is DSS?

As Nanu says , or Department of Social Security which is what I think Miss UK was refering to

I'm in huge debt atm, but I still manage to find ready cash to buy myself (some) of the toys I want now and then. I own my car and all my possessions outright, the debt is from past mistakes.

You gotta enjoy life as well as work at it

Miss UK, you are an absolute trooper and I fully respect your positive attitude despite your family's being so mean to you and being kicked out on the street. I have been kicked out of home before too, partly my own fault but I also think they over-reacted bigtime. Like you I also think they did me a favour ultimately. Don't take it to heart, your family always keep loving you even if they find it hard to show it

Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-15 16:44
DSS is where you claim income,
people of the UK are entitled to it if there out of work or earning a low wage hope you understand now

it's not a Nintendo DS .. LOL Nanu what are you like

I don't get why my mother kicked me out it was prob the Menopause,
I visit her occassionally I do think she regrets what shes done,
but she done me a huge favour, im not living in a decent area and away from the ghetto so that is something to smile about

When ive got my flat and working I intend on taking out a Mint card with 15months free then when im working all i have to do is repay that back when before them months are up!

ive worked everything out,
I just need a decent paid job atleast i'll be happy!

I have a mad urge to look at To Let properties atm and wish I lived in them everyone ive seen so far I wanna move into it

HELP lol

I can't wait to have my own place btw..

I haven't any major debts btw im doing well not to buy anything,
even though you lot keep blabbering on about all this new technology I just think to myself I don't need it don't get me wrong i'd love a N95 8GB but a flats better

max_wedge
Xperia Neo Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-16 04:24
Yep, N95 has everything except the kitchen sink... (and the rest of the kitchen, lounge, bedroom etc)

One week sleeping under bridges, or no N95.. which to do...?
baconnugget
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-17 05:36
when u got kick out did the council give u temporay accomadation? where did u go for help finding housing?
Sammy_boy
C510 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-17 21:51
Edit: spam post I was referring to has been deleted!

[ This Message was edited by: Sammy_boy on 2008-02-17 20:52 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-18 01:04
I actually bought a N95 before I got kicked out...
I regretabley sold it a month later

but thats the way it goes

Im staying with a friend and there mother,
thins ain't to good with the mother mind but im trying very
hard to get out lol

im registered on Council eack week you can bid on properties with there new scheme Dudley at home,

im just trying to get a job so I can get some cash in the meantime !

A L 3 X
C905 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-18 01:09

On 2008-02-18 01:04:55, Miss UK wrote:
I actually bought a N95 before I got kicked out...
I regretabley sold it a month later

but thats the way it goes

Im staying with a friend and there mother,
thins ain't to good with the mother mind but im trying very
hard to get out lol

im registered on Council eack week you can bid on properties with there new scheme Dudley at home,

im just trying to get a job so I can get some cash in the meantime !

i regret selling mine tbh kerry(long time since i talked to you btw)

i aint too bad myself, i can save-up if i want to and spend when i want....but recently i've been going pretty balls-out spending cahs on the car lol
Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi