Esato

Forum > General discussions > Non mobile discussion > Are you in Debt? Or are you a Spend-a-holic

Author Are you in Debt? Or are you a Spend-a-holic
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-07 16:02
Reply with quoteEdit/Delete This PostPrint this post

On 2008-02-07 01:52:37, Merc_Man wrote:
Yep watched it, Manchester is the the most in debt city. Crazy!!

Every citys in debt,
I don't get how people can abuse money like that btw!

when it comes to bills they come first and leisure last!!!!

that program was a good watch btw,
sad at the end when the family left there home but what can I say!
An "Apple" a day keeps the Doctor at Bay!
Rishone
Z520 black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-07 16:23
I am a Spendo-holic, i will spend 50-60% my salary on the First week itself - then starts the Hard time (using a lot of Credit cards, ABN AMRO bites my A$$ every month).

On the last week , i will think , "from Next month i will change and spend my money wisely", but that never happens

BTW This is my First job ever in life, and its the second year in office, is that the problem. i need some advise from you Miss UK

BTW, now its the first week of Feb, and its the first weekend lol

[ This Message was edited by: rishone on 2008-02-07 15:25 ]
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 17:45
Well what I can suggest is open a ISA and have some cash go into it over the weeks so then your saving for a rainy day

try and only buy stuff you really need not stuff for the fun of it!

try and have a minimal amount of Direct debits going out cos when you have a phone contract that seems to eat a lot of cash per month!

Try and repay more on the min payment for your cards,
cos it takes agaes to pay them off

read this and do wisely you will be fine

do you live with parents?
as this is often the cause of overspending for most people they have it easy at home bills are low and everything works out cheap
pmerryman
HTC Wildfire S
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 18:00
You training to be a debt manager there Miss Uk, some great advise going out there.
One Day, Men Will Look Back And Say I Gave Birth To The 20th Century.
You have to have a piss in the sea, its the law.
The A-Z of Trusted Traders
[img]http://a-zott.com/images/A-Z
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 18:05
Unfortuantley this was what happened to myself until I got a big reality shock last year lol

ive just learn't thru a life of riley to sheer hell atm,
maybe I should seek a Job in solving other peoples debts for them,
I don't like seeing people do what I used to do back then
pmerryman
HTC Wildfire S
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 19:07
I'm sure most of us have been there at one time in life, I know I have for sure.

Dont even hold a credit card now, and haven't done for 5 years.
One Day, Men Will Look Back And Say I Gave Birth To The 20th Century.
You have to have a piss in the sea, its the law.
The A-Z of Trusted Traders
[img]http://a-zott.com/images/A-Z
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-11 20:40
If u have a credit card just think of it as not ur money then that way ur unlikely to use it alot! Ive used upto £1000 on mine Lloyds Tsb one had it cancelled after i'd finished paying it of, took out a lower rate card with Mbna and only used £480 on it which im quite tempted to get it quick of my chest lol.. Btw dont think u live easy as something always catches up with u inda end!
Twometre
Z710 Black
PM, WWW
Posted: 2008-02-12 06:41
Some of the things are not worthy to be bought on cash and for that reason I am always on debts. Im used to overspending, but at least I spend than waste.
baconnugget
K800 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-12 13:42
im a student have no job but have a £7000 limit on my credit card lol not sure why they give me that but i have been careful and only spend what i can afford.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 13:25
They give you that to get money outta you or atleast
hope you get into debt !

if your careful only use it for something you must have,
but remember it's not your money it's the banks or credit card company your with

Lloyds TSB keep offering me Loans even though im not in fulltime work present bad eh
haynesycop
Z800
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 13:39
Lloyds are terrible for that. I got my credit card when i was 18 and it had a £2,500 limit on it then, in 5 years it has gone up to £4,750. Got £1,700 on it at the moment but my bursary will pay over half of it off next week which will make things more manageable.

Banks really need to take a good luck at how they go about analyzing peoples circumstances. It wasn't long ago i was offered a £10,000 loan and i work 12 hours a week, ridiculous.

Trev1982
X1 Black
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 13:59
i learnt my lesson when i was 16 was paying debts till i was 21 ooops, cash only for me now lol
BB 8120
Muhammad-Oli
Sony Xperia Z
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 14:02
I don't have a credit card or anything like that, and I never do Hire Purchase or anything. I only pay for things when I can afford them (and that means having all the money at the time of purchase). I do, however, owe the government around $13000 on my student loan, but that is interest free. Also, I owe my parents about $1800 for my MacBook laptop, also interest free. I'll pay that back asap.
This message was posted in the mail
2008, 2009, 2010 Best Australasian Member.
voda_jon
S500 Green
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 14:11
I got myself into pretty bad debt when i was 18 ended up with 3 credit cards and store cards and a bank loan had just over £15K in debt but luckily for me ma dad (who i never met or knew of) died and left me a lot of money so i paid off the debts and dont really have to worry bout money at the mo...

plus ma photography business is tickin over nicely lol...

My biggest piece of advice would be to stay away from credit cards, store cards, bank loans, hire purchases and anything with a stupid interest rate unless your going completely under in which case sometimes they can help but not very much and not for that long really!!!!

Plus i found talking to the bank (hsbc in my case) helped as they would rather help you out by giving you a managed loan than lose the money all together if you go bankrupt or IVA agreement route.

J.
Miss UK
Apple Iphone 5
PM
Posted: 2008-02-13 15:30
I cancelled a Classic Credit card with Lloyds 3 years ago and last week I got a statement for it

I went into the bank and spoke to someone who put me on the phone to the department, I couldn't believe the stuff the woman was saying to me trying to get me to not cancel it when it had been years earlier lol

I had £3,000 on that but paid it off from £1,000 then took the Mbna card out, no probs with them present ive got one card I think now hoping the TSB ones gone for good now

I would never trust a loan from a bank btw,
its best if you have savings or you can get a Credit card with No Intrest for 12mths etc

Access the forum with a mobile phone via esato.mobi